Re: The Blues and the 2020 Trade Deadline 2.24.2020

We should know more about Tarasenko soon. But if the news isn’t good, you don’t want to put that news out before the trade deadline, because then team will try to screw you.

I say snag Toffoli and call it a day......unless Army can snag a solid left d-man for a reasonable price. No Jaybo and Gunny will never survive the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.

From JR today:
I don't envy Army trying to navigate improving the team while not know how much cap space you have. I feel like, w/ Tarasenko skating already, he's gonna err on the side of caution & include Tarasenko's $ in his calculations.

Having said that, I really like the idea of Brendan Dillon being brought in. He's got some of the size & nastiness that this team is missing w/ Maroon. Plus as JR mentions, he's been a key part of the #1 ranked PK unit in the league. He's a perfect fit, esp. compared to the other options. (Side note: good grief, Gunnarsson has been atrocious this year)

Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 am We should know more about Tarasenko soon. But if the news isn’t good, you don’t want to put that news out before the trade deadline, because then team will try to screw you.

I say snag Toffoli and call it a day......unless Army can snag a solid left d-man for a reasonable price. No Jaybo and Gunny will never survive the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.
I wonder if this is part of the reason they're letting Tarasenko skate.

My tin foil hat says that they're trying to tell other teams that Tarasenko is ahead of schedule, so they're not forced into making a move. In reality though, nothing has changed, he's still not projected back till around playoff time.

Just a little gamesmanship, maybe? ;)

Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:48 am Dillon would be perfect for the Blues. The only problem, however, is that I just looked him up and he kind of looks like a bigger, clean-shaven version of Justin Faulk. Just the physical resemblance alone would be enough to send the fucking whiny morons on Blues Talk into a tizzy!
Faulk looks like a tow truck driver from Lincoln county
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 am
Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:48 am Dillon would be perfect for the Blues. The only problem, however, is that I just looked him up and he kind of looks like a bigger, clean-shaven version of Justin Faulk. Just the physical resemblance alone would be enough to send the fucking whiny morons on Blues Talk into a tizzy!
That’s incredibly accurate! At this point, I’m thinking he should shave his head and face. Shit, maybe even break out some tiger-striped eyebrows. Anything to confuse the morons at Blues Talk.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 am
Wow, that's a fucking home run of a metaphor :lol: I'm surprised Mikkola hasn't gotten any play since the call up. I wonder if its just because they haven't had much if any full practices since then.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am
Cujo's Mask wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:33 am
MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am I can definitely see Doug making a move for a D-man now.
Doug likes players that he knows and has a history with... I can see MDZ making a return. He is only making 750K with the Ducks and it wouldn't take much to get him.
Not sure why we need to add someone. We already have Borts and Mikkola not playing. They can take turns (as needed) filling that 6th D role. The only way I see a change is if they feel like they need someone better to play with Parayko. I don't think MDZ or Ericsson fit that bill.

I'm not saying that I think he should add someone, but I just think he will judging by his past tendencies. They value depth at defense
I was dead wrong about Sanford, my fantasy team is marginal at best, and I post way too much about Troy Brouwer...
so you guys will have to excuse me for peacocking around a bit on this one. It's not often that I get to be right :dancingbanana: :lol:
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:18 pm
MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am
Cujo's Mask wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:33 am

Not sure why we need to add someone. We already have Borts and Mikkola not playing. They can take turns (as needed) filling that 6th D role. The only way I see a change is if they feel like they need someone better to play with Parayko. I don't think MDZ or Ericsson fit that bill.

I'm not saying that I think he should add someone, but I just think he will judging by his past tendencies. They value depth at defense
I was dead wrong about Sanford, my fantasy team is marginal at best, and I post way too much about Troy Brouwer...
so you guys will have to excuse me for peacocking around a bit on this one. It's not often that I get to be right :dancingbanana: :lol:
You called it! And you still might be right about Sanford. He might pull a Steve Smith yet and put the puck in his own net of a Gm 7 to deprive the Blues of a repeat.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:20 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:14 pm
39hurricane wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:37 pm Feels like a lot of trades going down before deadline day. There may not be anybod left for Army to pick up???
Sounds like at this point if Army trades for a forward , it’s going to be a surprise move.
Watching the Hawks/Rangers game.... man, I want Kreider on the Blues
He's really the only guy I can think of that I want who would make a major impact on the team.

File this under, "I'm not saying, I'm just saying."
-Arizona is barely holding onto the last wild card spot and have played a couple more games than the teams chasing them.
-On the 31 Thoughts podcast Elliotte Friedman mentioned that the Blues were a lot more involved in the Taylor Hall talks than some realized.
-Due to retained salary, Hall's cap hit is only $3 million.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!