Re: The Blues and the 2020 Trade Deadline 2.24.2020

barnburner wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Please no. I still haven't eased the memory of his cheapshot that screwed up DP57 so bad.

I'm no fan of his either, but he is a former captain, UFA, hits, 4th line scoring ability, the team could play "for him" to help him get a cup before retirement like the Avs/Borque...
No don't he's got things that might help, but, and this is just me, I'm not sure i want another Cup bad enough to take that cheap shot son of a bitch on this team.. we got our Cup. I can wait another 2 years... 😀😄
Jmo, of course.
Haha! I can respect that opinion.

Maybe we could trade for Maroon?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm

I'm no fan of his either, but he is a former captain, UFA, hits, 4th line scoring ability, the team could play "for him" to help him get a cup before retirement like the Avs/Borque...
No don't he's got things that might help, but, and this is just me, I'm not sure i want another Cup bad enough to take that cheap shot son of a bitch on this team.. we got our Cup. I can wait another 2 years... 😀😄
Jmo, of course.
Haha! I can respect that opinion.

Maybe we could trade for Maroon?
Sign me up on that one! 😄

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:30 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 am
netboy65 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:30 am

You do remember Eddy being benched often during the playoffs correct?

This team needs something, forwards aren't scoring, and even when they have been, we've been relying on 5 guys all season.
I think Kreider is the play, but seeing what Pitt gave up just for Zucker, the Rangers price is only going to go up
We were ready to run Edmundson out of town last year but absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.

I think Bortuzzo is being passed by so unless Gunnarsson is being moved Bortuzzo is the only one who makes sense to move since Mikkola is by all accounts ready.
Well if you're getting grit with those temporary defensive lapses I would prefer that over, not much offensive prowess and defensive lapses. That is my answer to wanting Edmunson gone last year versus my frustration with Faulk this year. This Faulk experiment would be great if it started working out on the regular for us.

Yet the issue with the Blues is not on one player. They all can hit, for whatever reason they just are not.

As other posters here have said and I am sure have noticed, they Blues are trying to play a skill game they don't really have. The hitting game that creates their space maybe looks like there is a skill game in there. That could be deceiving to them I'm sure.
I think they are trying to get into the playoffs without injury but as we saw last season it is much better to be the hunter than the hunted.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:30 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 am

We were ready to run Edmundson out of town last year but absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.

I think Bortuzzo is being passed by so unless Gunnarsson is being moved Bortuzzo is the only one who makes sense to move since Mikkola is by all accounts ready.
Well if you're getting grit with those temporary defensive lapses I would prefer that over, not much offensive prowess and defensive lapses. That is my answer to wanting Edmunson gone last year versus my frustration with Faulk this year. This Faulk experiment would be great if it started working out on the regular for us.

Yet the issue with the Blues is not on one player. They all can hit, for whatever reason they just are not.

As other posters here have said and I am sure have noticed, they Blues are trying to play a skill game they don't really have. The hitting game that creates their space maybe looks like there is a skill game in there. That could be deceiving to them I'm sure.
I think they are trying to get into the playoffs without injury but as we saw last season it is much better to be the hunter than the hunted.
Agree wholeheartedly.

MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am I can definitely see Doug making a move for a D-man now.
Doug likes players that he knows and has a history with... I can see MDZ making a return. He is only making 750K with the Ducks and it wouldn't take much to get him.
Not sure why we need to add someone. We already have Borts and Mikkola not playing. They can take turns (as needed) filling that 6th D role. The only way I see a change is if they feel like they need someone better to play with Parayko. I don't think MDZ or Ericsson fit that bill.

Cujo's Mask wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:33 am
MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am I can definitely see Doug making a move for a D-man now.
Doug likes players that he knows and has a history with... I can see MDZ making a return. He is only making 750K with the Ducks and it wouldn't take much to get him.
Not sure why we need to add someone. We already have Borts and Mikkola not playing. They can take turns (as needed) filling that 6th D role. The only way I see a change is if they feel like they need someone better to play with Parayko. I don't think MDZ or Ericsson fit that bill.

I'm not saying that I think he should add someone, but I just think he will judging by his past tendencies. They value depth at defense
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am

I'm not saying that I think he should add someone, but I just think he will judging by his past tendencies. They value depth at defense
Depth we have....Mikkola, Gunner, and Bortz. Even a few guys in the AHL have NHL experience.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Mikkola has no experience. I don't think Army will be counting heavily on him for the post-season rotation. Now if Mikkola comes in and plays regularly from here on out and plays lights out, then that's a different story. But Army probably will add someone as an insurance policy like last year. But I also think he'll be in play for Kreider if he's still out there on deadline day.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am

Mikkola has no experience. I don't think Army will be counting heavily on him for the post-season rotation. Now if Mikkola comes in and plays regularly from here on out and plays lights out, then that's a different story. But Army probably will add someone as an insurance policy like last year. But I also think he'll be in play for Kreider if he's still out there on deadline day.
That's fair. It's certainly possible Army would now go for some veteran insurance, even if that person doesn't play much (like MDZ last year). I also think Army tries for Kreider, but that he is too expensive a get in the end.

I was of the mindset that the help up front would almost have to be a LW to slot alongside ROR-Perron, but at this point you just can't ignore how well things are working with Sanford. Given that there seem to be a lot more RWs on the market, I bet that's where they end up making their move given that the cost won't be as much and that no one has seemed to click with Schwartz-Schenn. Sure Tarasenko will hopefully come back at some point, but that'd be a fine problem to have. I think Hoffman and Palmieri work the best there, but its not certain their teams will decide to trade either of them. I'm not sure about Toffoli as I'm not sure his game is where it has been in year's past.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 am I was of the mindset that the help up front would almost have to be a LW to slot alongside ROR-Perron, but at this point you just can't ignore how well things are working with Sanford. Given that there seem to be a lot more RWs on the market, I bet that's where they end up making their move given that the cost won't be as much and that no one has seemed to click with Schwartz-Schenn. Sure Tarasenko will hopefully come back at some point, but that'd be a fine problem to have. I think Hoffman and Palmieri work the best there, but its not certain their teams will decide to trade either of them. I'm not sure about Toffoli as I'm not sure his game is where it has been in year's past.
Eklund (I know, I know) seems to think Toffoli is a possibility:

On Toffoli...
I am hearing the Blues have made a serious offer...the first offer the Kings have found interesting...

Cujo's Mask wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:37 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 am I was of the mindset that the help up front would almost have to be a LW to slot alongside ROR-Perron, but at this point you just can't ignore how well things are working with Sanford. Given that there seem to be a lot more RWs on the market, I bet that's where they end up making their move given that the cost won't be as much and that no one has seemed to click with Schwartz-Schenn. Sure Tarasenko will hopefully come back at some point, but that'd be a fine problem to have. I think Hoffman and Palmieri work the best there, but its not certain their teams will decide to trade either of them. I'm not sure about Toffoli as I'm not sure his game is where it has been in year's past.

On Toffoli...
I am hearing the Blues have made a serious offer...the first offer the Kings have found interesting...
Serious offer has me worried...It's Eklund, oh OK nothing is going on then.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm The Blues dont seem to have leaks in their front office so Blues rumors are hard to comeby and usually not credible unless it’s the other team using as leverage
This. ^

The ONLY time there are credible rumors or "smoke" relating to the Blues is when it's something that's been worked on for months. J-Bo & O'Reilly, for example , were deals that had been connected to the Blues for so long that the deals seemed all but dead. Then boom.

Most of his deals come with no warning. I feel like, if anything is done, it's gonna be someone not often mentioned.

usmcaaron wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:17 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:11 pm The Blues dont seem to have leaks in their front office so Blues rumors are hard to comeby and usually not credible unless it’s the other team using as leverage
This. ^

The ONLY time there are credible rumors or "smoke" relating to the Blues is when it's something that's been worked on for months. J-Bo & O'Reilly, for example , were deals that had been connected to the Blues for so long that the deals seemed all but dead. Then boom.

Most of his deals come with no warning. I feel like, if anything is done, it's gonna be someone not often mentioned.
Ryan Miller is the only other trade I can think of that was rumored heavily before it happened. Army keeps things quiet, which is good. Maybe not as entertaining as Ron Caron, who would tell you anything and everything if you ran into him in the parking lot!

Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Cujo's Mask wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:37 pm

On Toffoli...
Serious offer has me worried...It's Eklund, oh OK nothing is going on then.
Since Eklund likes to BS, I’m surprised he hasn’t thrown any rumors out there about the Blues looking for defensive help. If Army does get someone like Toffoli, then I’m thinking there’s another deal as well for a competent defender. Could be a busy/active deadline for Army this year. The prospect of adding someone like Toffoli along with Sundqvist and Tarasenko to lineup is huge.