Re: The Blues and the 2020 Trade Deadline 2.24.2020

Frank Seravelli updated his Trade Bait Board for TSN today. Of note was the addition of Bortuzzo at 25. I guess I'm not sure what good trading him does other than maybe opening up a spot for one of the kids, but I suppose that alone makes sense. He won't fetch much of a return, but Seravelli must've heard something.

https://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-will-jumb ... -1.1440576
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:29 pm Frank Seravelli updated his Trade Bait Board for TSN today. Of note was the addition of Bortuzzo at 25. I guess I'm not sure what good trading him does other than maybe opening up a spot for one of the kids, but I suppose that alone makes sense. He won't fetch much of a return, but Seravelli must've heard something.

He can't get in the lineup, his right handed shot is redundant, and honestly, Mikkola might already be better. If you can get something for him, I'm okay with it. I'll miss his toughness but he's probably more valuable to another team than he is the Blues.

Looking over that list, there are a lot, A LOT of rentals to be had. Could be a buyers market.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:53 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:29 pm Frank Seravelli updated his Trade Bait Board for TSN today. Of note was the addition of Bortuzzo at 25. I guess I'm not sure what good trading him does other than maybe opening up a spot for one of the kids, but I suppose that alone makes sense. He won't fetch much of a return, but Seravelli must've heard something.

He can't get in the lineup, his right handed shot is redundant, and honestly, Mikkola might already be better. If you can get something for him, I'm okay with it. I'll miss his toughness but he's probably more valuable to another team than he is the Blues.

Looking over that list, there are a lot, A LOT of rentals to be had. Could be a buyers market.
Gotta keep Bortz, he's the only guy on the team who can keep Sanford in line.

That doesn’t make sense cause Army values having depth on defense, hence the Del Zotto addition last year.

BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:48 pm

That doesn’t make sense cause Army values having depth on defense, hence the Del Zotto addition last year.
Maybe we can clone Faulking Faulk. Not.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Imo, Bortz is an important part of that D corps. May not need an everyday starter, but he can come in and add some fire by blocking shots, and hitting people.

barnburner wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Imo, Bortz is an important part of that D corps. May not need an everyday starter, but he can come in and add some fire by blocking shots, and hitting people.
They play bigger when he’s in the lineup.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 pm
Great point . i also think they miss Eddy's toughness on the Blues line and in front of the net.. JMO

Smooth 21 Fan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:53 am

Great point . i also think they miss Eddy's toughness on the Blues line and in front of the net.. JMO
You do remember Eddy being benched often during the playoffs correct?

This team needs something, forwards aren't scoring, and even when they have been, we've been relying on 5 guys all season.
I think Kreider is the play, but seeing what Pitt gave up just for Zucker, the Rangers price is only going to go up

netboy65 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:30 am

This team needs something, forwards aren't scoring, and even when they have been, we've been relying on 5 guys all season.
I think Kreider is the play, but seeing what Pitt gave up just for Zucker, the Rangers price is only going to go up
Agree on Kreider being the best fit, but Zucker's cost isn't a good comparison, because he's still got 3 yrs left on his contract. Kreider is a UFA.

I still think the Blues miss Maroon's size & physicality more than they expected they would. I realize they wanted to move players like Sanford, Kyrou, Blais, etc along in their development, but there's an element of smash-mouth missing from this team that they had last year.

If Josh Anderson wasn't a RW, I'd love to get him in. IMO, the team needs someone who other teams hate seeing on the ice, cuz they're going to feel it. Not just a big body, but someone w/ some skill too, (like Pat Maroon)

We were ready to run Edmundson out of town last year but absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.

I think Bortuzzo is being passed by so unless Gunnarsson is being moved Bortuzzo is the only one who makes sense to move since Mikkola is by all accounts ready.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 am
Smooth 21 Fan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:53 am Great point . i also think they miss Eddy's toughness on the Blues line and in front of the net.. JMO

We were ready to run Edmundson out of town last year but absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.

I think Bortuzzo is being passed by so unless Gunnarsson is being moved Bortuzzo is the only one who makes sense to move since Mikkola is by all accounts ready.
Well if you're getting grit with those temporary defensive lapses I would prefer that over, not much offensive prowess and defensive lapses. That is my answer to wanting Edmunson gone last year versus my frustration with Faulk this year. This Faulk experiment would be great if it started working out on the regular for us.

Yet the issue with the Blues is not on one player. They all can hit, for whatever reason they just are not.

As other posters here have said and I am sure have noticed, they Blues are trying to play a skill game they don't really have. The hitting game that creates their space maybe looks like there is a skill game in there. That could be deceiving to them I'm sure.

barnburner wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:10 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm What about Jumbo Joe?
Please no. I still haven't eased the memory of his cheapshot that screwed up DP57 so bad.

I'm no fan of his either, but he is a former captain, UFA, hits, 4th line scoring ability, the team could play "for him" to help him get a cup before retirement like the Avs/Borque...
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm What about Jumbo Joe?
Please no. I still haven't eased the memory of his cheapshot that screwed up DP57 so bad.

I'm no fan of his either, but he is a former captain, UFA, hits, 4th line scoring ability, the team could play "for him" to help him get a cup before retirement like the Avs/Borque...
No don't he's got things that might help, but, and this is just me, I'm not sure i want another Cup bad enough to take that cheap shot son of a bitch on this team.. we got our Cup. I can wait another 2 years... 😀😄
Jmo, of course.

barnburner wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm

No don't he's got things that might help, but, and this is just me, I'm not sure i want another Cup bad enough to take that cheap shot son of a bitch on this team.. we got our Cup. I can wait another 2 years... 😀😄
Jmo, of course.
Agreed, Barn .... Fuck that ugly bastard!