Re: 2020 All-Star skills competition

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:34 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:15 pmWomen’s 3 on 3 was entertaining. USA with a great shot to tie in final second.
Canada’s goalie was phenomenal
Ann-Renée Desbiens won an Olympic silver medal with Canada, and put up phenomenal stats in her 4 years at University of Wisconsin. She & the rest of the women involved in this showcase event are great examples of the hockey talent in the women's ranks that is being largely ignored across North America. Time to start the petition to get a women's pro team here in St. Louis. I'm sure Centene Ice would gladly make room on their schedule for home games in the USA Arena, and Mrs. JMC 'n' me are ready to sign up for a season ticket package. Get 'er done!

yeah, desbiens won the evening. put on a clinic.

them putting up chopper's old number when he shot was neat.

hull was embarrassing in the shooting stars. or by that time i was just over them shoving alum into goofy scripted situations. but he felt embarrassing.

wayne was cool. although, it seemed kind of weird the way he said something like "we're going to have a 3-on-3 women's exhibition game, showcasing 20 great female athletes. also, we have 44 of the best athletes in the world putting on a skills competition." i am getting the quote wrong, but it struck me as weird. "here's some broads doing something, then we have the real athletes."

there was an event called "accuracy shooting". slavin was awarded the win. sites like yahoo post statements like this: "Hurricanes blueliner Jaccob Slavin takes home this year’s most accurate shooter crown by a landslide, posting a sub-10-second mark and beating David Pastrnak’s 2019 mark by nearly two seconds." except the thing is, he wasn't the most accurate shooter. draisaitl hit 5 targets with 7 shots, in 10.257 seconds. slavin hit 5 targets in 8 shots, in 9.505 seconds. he was the fastest shooter to hit all the targets, but wasn't the most accurate. i enjoyed when this used to actually be about accuracy more, and time was just a braggin' rights thing. but in typical NHL tradition, it's still called the "accuracy shooting" contest. it fucking isn't. change the name. like they should change the criteria for the norris to "most offensive defenseman" rather than "best defenseman".

the shooting stars thing was neat, but they should have only allowed one successful shot per target. i don't think anyone shot at anything other than the arch, except at the end. and seeing fans high-fiving pasta and kane on their way up the stairs was disappointing. also, ROR didn't make his last shot, he shouldn't have been in the sudden death portion anyway. but it was neat regardless.

T.C. wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:40 am yeah, desbiens won the evening. put on a clinic.

them putting up chopper's old number when he shot was neat.

hull was embarrassing in the shooting stars. or by that time i was just over them shoving alum into goofy scripted situations. but he felt embarrassing.

wayne was cool. although, it seemed kind of weird the way he said something like "we're going to have a 3-on-3 women's exhibition game, showcasing 20 great female athletes. also, we have 44 of the best athletes in the world putting on a skills competition." i am getting the quote wrong, but it struck me as weird. "here's some broads doing something, then we have the real athletes."

there was an event called "accuracy shooting". slavin was awarded the win. sites like yahoo post statements like this: "Hurricanes blueliner Jaccob Slavin takes home this year’s most accurate shooter crown by a landslide, posting a sub-10-second mark and beating David Pastrnak’s 2019 mark by nearly two seconds." except the thing is, he wasn't the most accurate shooter. draisaitl hit 5 targets with 7 shots, in 10.257 seconds. slavin hit 5 targets in 8 shots, in 9.505 seconds. he was the fastest shooter to hit all the targets, but wasn't the most accurate. i enjoyed when this used to actually be about accuracy more, and time was just a braggin' rights thing. but in typical NHL tradition, it's still called the "accuracy shooting" contest. it fucking isn't. change the name. like they should change the criteria for the norris to "most offensive defenseman" rather than "best defenseman".

the shooting stars thing was neat, but they should have only allowed one successful shot per target. i don't think anyone shot at anything other than the arch, except at the end. and seeing fans high-fiving pasta and kane on their way up the stairs was disappointing. also, ROR didn't make his last shot, he shouldn't have been in the sudden death portion anyway. but it was neat regardless.
Is speaking the truth a crime these days? :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"