Re: Most overrated Blues player of all time?

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:10 am Keith Tkachuk...eight playoff goals...three in one game...got paid over $80 million in salary.
Hooooo boy, I don't really agree with this take, but I respect the hell out of it's heat. Having said that I don't really have an alternative. I feel like most of the names that come to mind are already thought of as not that great, or are properly revered.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:36 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:10 am Keith Tkachuk...eight playoff goals...three in one game...got paid over $80 million in salary.
Hooooo boy, I don't really agree with this take, but I respect the hell out of it's heat. Having said that I don't really have an alternative. I feel like most of the names that come to mind are already thought of as not that great, or are properly revered.
Showed up to training camp overweight...never really lived up to the power forward label after he moved to the river city.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:59 am
Showed up to training camp overweight...never really lived up to the power forward label after he moved to the river city.
That's true, but he played here for 3-4 productive seasons before the lockout when he gained 500 lbs. But, to your point, you have to be rated highly to be overrated. I haven't seen any better submissions or come up with one of my own.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:59 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:10 amKeith Tkachuk...eight playoff goals...three in one game...got paid over $80 million in salary.
Hooooo boy, I don't really agree with this take, but I respect the hell out of it's heat. ...
PLEASE don't tell me he smoked, too. :(

Drubilly wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:36 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:12 pm Mike Bullard.....great player everywhere else but he just couldn’t get it going in St. Louis and I believe I’m partly responsible for that
Finish the goddamn story Tim!
Just search the forum for Bullard and you will find it...it’s embarrassing
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:07 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:12 pmMike Bullard.....great player everywhere else but he just couldn’t get it going in St. Louis and I believe I’m partly responsible for that
http://bluesnewsforum.com/forum/viewtop ... d&start=25
So we already beat this subject to death previously? FUCKIN' CAP'N IS THE ATTENTION WHORE AROUND HERE!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:52 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:12 pm Mike Bullard.....great player everywhere else but he just couldn’t get it going in St. Louis and I believe I’m partly responsible for that
Just search the forum for Bullard and you will find it...it’s embarrassing
Were you a hot little sex kitten back in those days, Tim? Poor Bully could never concentrate on his game after your “encounter”!

Bob Hess has to be a candidate. Or maybe he’s the most overhyped?

I will say this, I never thought of Federko as a Hall of Famer. Was shocked he got in.

He was an average skater at best with no speed. But with that said, it shows you how great a talent he was in terms of vision, intelligence and soft hands he had. No doubt in my mind, if Bernie had wheels, he might of been the 2nd best Center in league behind Gretzky. I think if Bernie had speed, he could of done so much more on the ice because he did have a creative mind.