Re: Most overrated Blues player of all time?

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:28 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:31 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Two way street on this one. Jackman was always there to take on anybody that tried to cheapshot MacInnis, giving Al more room to operate. Prior to the rule changes, Jackman was a stud. Quenneville said that one year, he might have been the best dman in the league. I think that's a little much, but Q said it, obviously he had a very high opinion of Jax.
Everything this man just said is 100% fact.
One of the greatest defensemen ever needed a "thug protector" on his pairing or he wouldnt be one of the greatest defenders ever?

I dont buy it.

I dont recall twist or chase playing on hull's line much...
The MacInnis Hull connection immediately brings to mind the memory of when two of the Kings thugs teamed up on Mac, and wound up injuring his shoulder, while Hull, no more than an an arms length away, leaned on his stick and watched, not making so much as an effort to pull one of them off. One of several reasons I applauded when the Blues let him walk at the end of his contract.

Re: Most overrated Blues player of all time?

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:50 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:35 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:45 pm Overrated now, looking back? Or overrated at the time, when they played or before they joined the team?

Erik Johnson would certainly lead the pack on that latter one, as a #1 over-all draft pick. Chris Stewart would be another one that even I WANTED so badly to succeed, teasing with 23 points in 26 games the season of his trade, and 36 points in 48 games for the lockout season, he just didn't live up to what fans were hoping to see in him.

Going back a ways, as I recall there was a big to-do about signing Petr Nedved away from Vancouver, like he was going to be a real difference maker, instead of fizzling out after, what, like 20 games in the Bluenote?
Nedved....19 games...6 goals 14 assists 20 pts.
I don't recall why we moved on from him so quickly, especially after a start like that.
It was A LOT easier to score back when Nedved was with The Blues. That was when there were lots of 100+ point scorers in The NHL. Even some defencemen scored over 100. Brett Hull scored over 130.