Blues player poll

Going to be a slow week so thought I'd bring this up--JR did a Blues player poll, mostly asking unimportant stuff. One of the questions though was who spends the most time in the weight room, and it was unanimously Jay Bouwmeester. Was not expecting it to be him.

"It’s out of necessity. It takes me a long time to get warmed up. I literally can’t show up and practice. There’s like 45 minutes’ worth of stuff that I have to do, and that’s normal. When you’re young, you think, “Oh man, that guy is old and has to do all of that stuff, that will never be me,” but eventually it catches up to you. But it’s fine, I don’t mind doing it. It’s just a routine."

Other than that, mostly just random funny stuff.

https://theathletic.com/1531258/2020/01 ... duct-more/

Re: Blues player poll

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 am Going to be a slow week so thought I'd bring this up--JR did a Blues player poll, mostly asking unimportant stuff. One of the questions though was who spends the most time in the weight room, and it was unanimously Jay Bouwmeester. Was not expecting it to be him.

"It’s out of necessity. It takes me a long time to get warmed up. I literally can’t show up and practice. There’s like 45 minutes’ worth of stuff that I have to do, and that’s normal. When you’re young, you think, “Oh man, that guy is old and has to do all of that stuff, that will never be me,” but eventually it catches up to you. But it’s fine, I don’t mind doing it. It’s just a routine."

Other than that, mostly just random funny stuff.

https://theathletic.com/1531258/2020/01 ... duct-more/
If he stays healthy keep signing him. He wants to be here and obviously wants to play.

That actually makes perfect sense. Bouw certainly isn't training to bulk up in the weight room but definitely as you get older (he and I are about the same age) you can't have lapses in training and bounce back as quickly. I used to hit the gym in my twenties maybe two or three times a week and still saw results when I put in the work. Now I have to stick to a four day routine or else I start getting out of shape real quick.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:01 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:51 pm whats the trick to read these posts without creating a thing and doing a survey and giving my left kidney etc?
Pay $3-5 a month.
Im too frugal for that. Thx tho
You aren't missing anything. JR is the biggest fucking jock sniffer of them all...he has never picked up a hockey stick in anger...but purveys himself as an expert. He used to come into the asylum and lay down the law periodically...which makes him an even bigger joke considering the whole Mike Smith click baiting fiasco.