Re: David Backes is on waivers

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:07 pm I don't bring him back because honestly, I don't think the guy should be playing hockey anymore at this point. Take care of that brain man, you only get one.
We could bring him back like we did to Chris Thorburn...
Backes on the Blues today would be a different player...Its the system/coaching/attitude here that is successful...he would be fine.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:56 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:07 pm I don't bring him back because honestly, I don't think the guy should be playing hockey anymore at this point. Take care of that brain man, you only get one.
We could bring him back like we did to Chris Thorburn...
Backes on the Blues today would be a different player...Its the system/coaching/attitude here that is successful...he would be fine.
Stewie’s on waivers today... I guess that the Blues should sign him to a short term deal too and retire his number... after all, he did stick up for his teammates a time or two.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:22 pm
Matangama wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm 1) he definitely should retire. Way too many concussions. Not worth it.

2) it also shows that Army is pretty smart when it comes to this stuff. He wouldn’t go the extra year and Backes walked......turned out to be a great move for the Blues. I feel very comfortable with what Army decides with respect to Petro. I just can’t see him going 8 years unless the dollars are right, but I’m good with whatever he decides.
Does Army get credit for being smart because Boston was even dumber than him in offering 5 versus the 4 Army wanted to give him?

That's like giving someone credit for also giving the wrong answer, but it was just slightly less wrong. Save that for the Price is Right
It is like you and your friend, lets call him David, stumble upon a bruin, while hiking after a plane trip into the wilderness. You don't have to outrun the bruin, just your friend. Something like that.

netboy65 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:15 am You guys act like this is all a surprise......he signed an offer sheet with Vancouver and had the Blues not matched he'd have been gone a long time ago, so don't act like the Boston deal is something new.
Surprised he got waived? I think most people were expecting he would get bought out back in July. Him getting waived is no surprise. I would imagine if Boston buys him out this year, Backes will be playing somewhere for the league minimum next October.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:27 pm
netboy65 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:15 am You guys act like this is all a surprise......he signed an offer sheet with Vancouver and had the Blues not matched he'd have been gone a long time ago, so don't act like the Boston deal is something new.
Surprised he got waived? I think most people were expecting he would get bought out back in July. Him getting waived is no surprise. I would imagine if Boston buys him out this year, Backes will be playing somewhere for the league minimum next October.
I meant surprised he bolted here for Boston

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 pm z It's his decision, but for his sake, and the sake of his family, I hope he hangs it up before he gets another concussion. Money doesn't mean much when you can't function.
No amount of money can buy your brain back.
I'm not interested in bringing my brain back, but I'd love to have someone else's.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:59 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:10 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 pm z It's his decision, but for his sake, and the sake of his family, I hope he hangs it up before he gets another concussion. Money doesn't mean much when you can't function.
No amount of money can buy your brain back.
I'm not interested in bringing my brain back, but I'd love to have someone else's.
Men should have to live one day with a woman's brain and women should have to live one day with a man's brain.
Just a Russian propaganda account