Sanford...

What the fuck do they see in him. He had 2 great chances and missed on both and the second one looked like a Pee Wee shot attempt . Pretty sure 33 would have burried one of those chances. He has little hockey sense .. I just dont get it..

Re: Sanford...

Smooth 21 Fan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:00 pm What the fuck do they see in him. He had 2 great chances and missed on both and the second one looked like a Pee Wee shot attempt . Pretty sure 33 would have burried one of those chances. He has little hockey sense .. I just dont get it..
Sanford didn't lose tonight's game for them.... if Perron didn't lose his cool, it's a probably a win. Overall shitty effort compared to their recent play... they really don't handle a full court press very well.

Smooth 21 Fan wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:00 pm What the fuck do they see in him. He had 2 great chances and missed on both and the second one looked like a Pee Wee shot attempt . Pretty sure 33 would have burried one of those chances. He has little hockey sense .. I just dont get it..
Hockey sense is what gets you those chances though. Having said that, yeah I'd rather see Kyrou. Sanford is a fine top 9 guy, but this is a deeeeeeep forward bunch.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

The way Perron is playing on the right side, Im not anxious to move him over to the left side to get Kyrou in the lineup.

With that said, as someone mentioned, a loss usually means some form of lineup change so we'll see what that is.
Just a Russian propaganda account

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:08 am Sanford is North American Jaskin...time to send him packing.
I was literally saying this the other day... a guy that has moments where he looks like he has a high potential, but will never make it there.
KA-KAW!

Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:17 pm He wore out his welcome on the top line last night...won't be long before he plays himself into the press box.
5 more games, then press box his ass.
I understand the sentiment of getting him the 70 games in two seasons so he doesnt have to be protected part of this, what I dont understand is the guy has over 100GP's and would still need protecting
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:51 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:17 pm He wore out his welcome on the top line last night...won't be long before he plays himself into the press box.
I understand the sentiment of getting him the 70 games in two seasons so he doesnt have to be protected part of this, what I dont understand is the guy has over 100GP's and would still need protecting
I'm not DA, someone else here mentioned that it could be why he is getting so many games is that DA wants to protect him?

From the NHL website:
Seattle must choose a minimum of 20 players under contract for the 2021-22 regular season and those with an aggregate Expansion Draft value that is between 60-100 percent of the prior season's upper limit for the salary cap. Seattle cannot buy out players chosen in the Expansion Draft earlier than the summer following its first season.

Current NHL teams can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie, or eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goalie, under the following conditions.

* All players with no movement clauses at the time of the draft, and who decline to waive those clauses, must be protected and will be counted toward their team's applicable protection limits.

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:14 pm

I'm not DA, someone else here mentioned that it could be why he is getting so many games is that DA wants to protect him?
I meant I don't understand the expansion/protection rules, but maybe Chief/DA see something in him we don't.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:47 pm

I meant I don't understand the expansion/protection rules, but maybe Chief/DA see something in him we don't.
I'm not saying that they intend to protect him in expansion... I'm saying that whoever gets offered up in the expansion draft has to have played 70 games in the previous 2 seasons.... I'd much rather lose him than somebody who is an impact player.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm not saying that they intend to protect him in expansion... I'm saying that whoever gets offered up in the expansion draft has to have played 70 games in the previous 2 seasons.... I'd much rather lose him than somebody who is an impact player.
Expansion rules are a head-scratcher.

For anyone as curious/confused as I am.
https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-n ... -302586918
In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a team's player exposure requirements unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection.
It says two forwards, so we are making Sanford one...now question is who's the other

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:40 pm

It says two forwards, so we are making Sanford one...now question is who's the other
There are no NMCs, so it could be anyone who Army doesn't mind losing.

You’re not going to like the answer. We will be able to protect 7 forwards at the most. As of today, 6 of those are ROR, Tarasenko, Schenn, Schwartz, Thomas and Kyrou. That means that at least two of Perron, Sunny and Barbashev get exposed. Expansion drafts suck.

MissouriMook wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:39 pm

You’re not going to like the answer. We will be able to protect 7 forwards at the most. As of today, 6 of those are ROR, Tarasenko, Schenn, Schwartz, Thomas and Kyrou. That means that at least two of Perron, Sunny and Barbashev get exposed. Expansion drafts suck.
The good news is you only lose one.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:12 am
MissouriMook wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:39 pm

The good news is you only lose one.
I think this time Armstrong may work out a deal.

MissouriMook wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:27 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:32 am I think this time Armstrong may work out a deal.
As long as that deal is "we'll give you Sanford to take Faulk and not Sunny or Barbie" I'm down with that.
Army ain't getting rid of Faulk
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MissouriMook wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:27 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:32 am I think this time Armstrong may work out a deal.
As long as that deal is "we'll give you Sanford to take Faulk and not Sunny or Barbie" I'm down with that.
That would be 1 spot below the ROR trade in Army's HOF resume if he were to pull it off.