Blues "History Made" Exhibit at MO History Museum

2019 Stanley Cup playoffs & championship series memorabilia - as a whole & in a word: "Disappointing."

The Missouri History Museum in Forest Park received the collection from the Blues, and put it on display in October. Their website description with announcement video made it seem like something worth seeing. Mrs. JMC 'n' me finally got down there to view it today, figuring it was a must-see for Cup-crazy Blues fans before the exhibition ends on January 26th. Unfortunately, it was nothing at all as comprehensive nor even close to as interesting as the 2016-17 "50 Years of Blood, Sweat and Cheers" exhibition at the STL Downtown Public Library. A stretched ten minutes of viewing & reading descriptive signs, and we walked away unfulfilled. I did snap several photos and posted them on my public Flickr page for posterity. There, now you've seen them, so you don't have to waste your time. Donations to offset our round-trip fuel costs will be gladly accepted.

P.S. - If you want a MEMORABLE excuse to visit the MO History Museum this month, they have an excellent collection of Pulitzer Prize-winning photographs on loan from The Newseum collection in Washington, D.C.. Very powerful imagery & story-behind-the-scene descriptions. Now THAT is worth a drive before the exhibition ends on January 20th.

Re: Blues "History Made" Exhibit at MO History Museum

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 pm 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs & championship series memorabilia - as a whole & in a word: "Disappointing."

The Missouri History Museum in Forest Park received the collection from the Blues, and put it on display in October. Their website description with announcement video made it seem like something worth seeing. Mrs. JMC 'n' me finally got down there to view it today, figuring it was a must-see for Cup-crazy Blues fans before the exhibition ends on January 26th. Unfortunately, it was nothing at all as comprehensive nor even close to as interesting as the 2016-17 "50 Years of Blood, Sweat and Cheers" exhibition at the STL Downtown Public Library. A stretched ten minutes of viewing & reading descriptive signs, and we walked away unfulfilled. I did snap several photos and posted them on my public Flickr page for posterity. There, now you've seen them, so you don't have to waste your time. Donations to offset our round-trip fuel costs will be gladly accepted.

P.S. - If you want a MEMORABLE excuse to visit the MO History Museum this month, they have an excellent collection of Pulitzer Prize-winning photographs on loan from The Newseum collection in Washington, D.C.. Very powerful imagery & story-behind-the-scene descriptions. Now THAT is worth a drive before the exhibition ends on January 20th.
Thanks for sharing the Flickr page, it let's us out of towner's 5 hours of driving to see this for 10 minutes!