Re: GDTSAt. Jan11, 2020 Rangers at Blues

Does anyone else feel the Blues skill level is under-rated. I see comments from opposing fans and some Blues fans that the Blues just out work the other team in order to win, and downplay their skill. I don't see it that way at all. Do we have a 100 point guy? No but we do have 5 guys that are pacing for 60+ points, also Thomas easily has that kind of ability, plus Tarasenko is on the shelf. On D Dunn and Faulk are both very offensively skilled (even if Faulk's results have been slightly uneven this season). Then you have guys like Barbashev, Sundqvist, Blais, Bozak in the bottom six typically who are very productive in those roles. A game last night shows that skill IMO. The Rangers called it playoff type game but you never saw playoff intensity from the Blues just playoff like execution. Anyway just enjoy these moments it's a great fucking time to be a Blues fan and I've rambled enough! To pre-lunch beers!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:03 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:45 pm “Suck a dick, bnf”

-Zach Sanford
I remember when people were saying that Sundqvist was the worst player anyone had ever seen..... Blues sit at the top of the league and people still gotta find someone to hate on.
SMFH.
See your point, but as Sanford himself has admitted, he's been his own worst enemy because of his inconsistent effort. Lack of skill is one thing. Lack of effort is another. Maybe playing with O'Ry and DP57 is opening his eyes in that regard. I hope so.

-Zach Sanford
I remember when people were saying that Sundqvist was the worst player anyone had ever seen..... Blues sit at the top of the league and people still gotta find someone to hate on.
SMFH.
Actually I'd like to point out that the needle on Sanford for me has now moved from hate to dislike. As of this moment, I don’t hateZach Sanford.
Last edited by NHLTIM on Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

-Zach Sanford
SMFH.
That much positivity cannot remain unchecked. Sanford did this fanbase a great service by sucking when no one else was willing to. Now that he's decided to stop, who is brave enough to step up and take that crucial responsibility?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 pm

-Zach Sanford
SMFH.
That much positivity cannot remain unchecked. Sanford did this fanbase a great service by sucking when no one else was willing to. Now that he's decided to stop, who is brave enough to step up and take that crucial responsibility?
Jordan Kyrou will be off-side one more time on a re-play, and people will start calling him the next Nail Yakupov, and wanting him exiled to the salt mines in Siberia.

ratonmono wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:59 am Does anyone else feel the Blues skill level is under-rated. I see comments from opposing fans and some Blues fans that the Blues just out work the other team in order to win, and downplay their skill. I don't see it that way at all. Do we have a 100 point guy? No but we do have 5 guys that are pacing for 60+ points, also Thomas easily has that kind of ability, plus Tarasenko is on the shelf. On D Dunn and Faulk are both very offensively skilled (even if Faulk's results have been slightly uneven this season). Then you have guys like Barbashev, Sundqvist, Blais, Bozak in the bottom six typically who are very productive in those roles. A game last night shows that skill IMO. The Rangers called it playoff type game but you never saw playoff intensity from the Blues just playoff like execution. Anyway just enjoy these moments it's a great fucking time to be a Blues fan and I've rambled enough! To pre-lunch beers!
I think it's the fact that we have the depth to outplay opponents as opposed to out-skilling them.

A line of McJesus/Draisaitl(sp?)/the LW can easily outplay any line due to skill.

GR8/Backstrom/Wilson or Oshie can easily outplay due to skill.

Line vs line we arent as "skilled" but our Line 1-4 can play against any line because we have depth so we send wave after wave and it wears the opponent down.

However last night against the rags....they're just a bad team with a once great but aging goaltender
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:38 pm

-Zach Sanford
SMFH.
Actually I'd like to point out that the needle on Sanford for me has now moved from hate to dislike. As of this moment, I don’t hateZach Sanford.
You have literally said he could score 6 goals in a game and you’d still hate him and never want to see him in a Blues uniform again. :D

Glad you’re warming up. He’s an inconsistent player, but so is Bortuzzo and he doesn’t get nearly the hate of Sanford. And the fact remains, he’s still a better option than Brouwer.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 pm

SMFH.
You have literally said he could score 6 goals in a game and you’d still hate him and never want to see him in a Blues uniform again. :D

Glad you’re warming up. He’s an inconsistent player, but so is Bortuzzo and he doesn’t get nearly the hate of Sanford. And the fact remains, he’s still a better option than Brouwer.
I remembered that I took a stance before the season not to not hate on players. I’m going back to that mentality...so I don’t Hate Sanford.
I don’t care for Brouwer at all...he just blocks someone from playing when he’s playing. Hopefully he will be on waivers soon.
For the record ...I absolutely love everything about Bortuzzo. He’s the kind of guy you root for as a professional athlete to me.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I remembered that I took a stance before the season not to not hate on players. I’m going back to that mentality...so I don’t Hate Sanford.
I don’t care for Brouwer at all...he just blocks someone from playing when he’s playing. Hopefully he will be on waivers soon.
For the record ...I absolutely love everything about Bortuzzo. He’s the kind of guy you root for as a professional athlete to me.
Fuck that shit....hating players is every fans right!