Re: RIP Neil Peart

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm Huh, didn't see anything in the Pitch Fork story a/b Peart playing hockey. :?
I may be making an assumption, but I'd imagine the vast majority of hockey fans are either huge fans or at least appreciate and like Rush's music. Just sharing the news and thoughts about a legend of music.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:54 pmTo help with the hockey theme;
The judges have considered your defense, and found that the purported hockey jersey that Mr. Peart donned for that TSN Hockey Night in Canada theme song is in fact a stylized "Bubba's Bar-n-Grill" advertising piece. In light of this egregious breach of hockey-wear etiquette, your appeal has been unanimously denied. You are hereby directed to engage with Board administration to move this thread to the O.T. forum. With that official judgment, this session of the BNF Court of Thread Appeals is adjourned.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:17 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:54 pmTo help with the hockey theme;
The judges have considered your defense, and found that the purported hockey jersey that Mr. Peart donned for that TSN Hockey Night in Canada theme song is in fact a stylized "Bubba's Bar-n-Grill" advertising piece. In light of this egregious breach of hockey-wear etiquette, your appeal has been unanimously denied. You are hereby directed to engage with Board administration to move this thread to the O.T. forum. With that official judgment, this session of the BNF Court of Thread Appeals is adjourned.
Sorry. Definite Blues connection. Overturned.
Attachments

ratonmono wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:48 am I actually can not stand Rush, but that's because Geddy Lee's voice makes me want to scrape out my ear drums with a red hot poker. Ton of respect for Neil and we lost a great musician, and great person.
You shut your whore mouth!

Actually I was never a huge fan either. I loved their first album and they had some good songs from the next few, I just didn't particularly like the 20 minute theme pieces they put together. Once they started to mellow out with Moving Pictures and Signals, I kinda lost interest.

Geddy's voice never bothered me, but I'm a huge AC/DC fan and neither of their singers were what you would call "melodic", though having heard Brian Johnson singing standards in a bar (he actually made up a song about my wife) he actually has a great voice, he just doesn't use that part of it for his AC/DC gig.

Why does every fucking thing have to turn into a debate? It's beyond question that he was considered one of the greatest drummers ever, not just because of his play, but also his technique and inventions in style and timing.

But this isn't about that. He has passed on, and for many of us fans of Rush and of music, it is a huge loss, because he wasn't just a talented drummer, he was a great person who always loved his fans, had a great progressive outlook on life, and had continued on even after suffering so much personal heartache. For those who don't like the music, maybe check out his books on traveling the world after his tragedy, or just let those of us fans and his loved ones and friends who are sincerely mourning this loss do so with respect. I'd expect these responses at the asylum, but not here .
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 am Why does every fucking thing have to turn into a debate? It's beyond question that he was considered one of the greatest drummers ever, not just because of his play, but also his technique and inventions in style and timing.

But this isn't about that. He has passed on, and for many of us fans of Rush and of music, it is a huge loss, because he wasn't just a talented drummer, he was a great person who always loved his fans, had a great progressive outlook on life, and had continued on even after suffering so much personal heartache. For those who don't like the music, maybe check out his books on traveling the world after his tragedy, or just let those of us fans and his loved ones and friends who are sincerely mourning this loss do so with respect. I'd expect these responses at the asylum, but not here .
Just for the record Brad I liked Neil Peart....but I still can’t stand Zach Sanford.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:08 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 am Why does every fucking thing have to turn into a debate? It's beyond question that he was considered one of the greatest drummers ever, not just because of his play, but also his technique and inventions in style and timing.

Just for the record Brad I liked Neil Peart....but I still can’t stand Zach Sanford.
And that is why I love this place. Can we all come together in our hatred of the new Chris Stewart?

I am sad for the loss of The Professor, came to the band later on (Test For Echo) but grew to love their music and have great appreciation for them as musicians and people in general. Sadly, they probably are/were all Leaf fans. :lol:

Sorry buddy. Didn't mean to come off as disrespectful. He was probably the greatest drummer ever if not top 5 and from all accounts a great human being.