Re: All-Star Jerseys revealed

"Silver thread inspired by the Gateway Arch" absolutely kills me. Truth is closer to "well we had to use grey since we need one black and one white jersey and are too lazy to make any other changes between the two."

These aren't actively bad, it just seems like the most lazy option possible. Just 5 lines we'll call a music staff on black or white. Also we'll just use team logos so we don't have to do any work their either. I bet this took some team of graphic designers 40 meetings and countless hours to come up with something that could've been done by a 7 year old with an ipad in 5 minutes. Great work Adidas!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:48 pm "Silver thread inspired by the Gateway Arch" absolutely kills me. Truth is closer to "well we had to use grey since we need one black and one white jersey and are too lazy to make any other changes between the two."

These aren't actively bad, it just seems like the most lazy option possible. Just 5 lines we'll call a music staff on black or white. Also we'll just use team logos so we don't have to do any work their either. I bet this took some team of graphic designers 40 meetings and countless hours to come up with something that could've been done by a 7 year old with an ipad in 5 minutes. Great work Adidas!
Haha..I thought the same thing when I read that about the arch. They should have went all out and put drops of red on the musical sheet too.
“Each drop of red pays tribute to a St. Louis city murder victim so far in 2020. We will actually update each individual uniform in between periods should another murder occur during the actual game and we all know the odds are good that it will”
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:10 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:48 pm "Silver thread inspired by the Gateway Arch" absolutely kills me. Truth is closer to "well we had to use grey since we need one black and one white jersey and are too lazy to make any other changes between the two."

Haha..I thought the same thing when I read that about the arch. They should have went all out and put drops of red on the musical sheet too.
“Each drop of red pays tribute to a St. Louis city murder victim so far in 2020. We will actually update each individual uniform in between periods should another murder occur during the actual game and we all know the odds are good that it will”
"Each drop of blood on the music staff also corresponds to the sheet music for the song "All-Star" by Smash Mouth, who will be playing at intermission."
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:28 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:10 pm

"Each drop of blood on the music staff also corresponds to the sheet music for the song "All-Star" by Smash Mouth, who will be playing at intermission."
:lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

insideout wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 pm I give them points for incorporating the musical staff. In hindsight I'm a little surprised the Blues have never gone that route with a third or fourth jersey.
If they didn't put the musical staff it would literally just be a team logo on a plain white or black jersey. That's exactly what the Blues practice jerseys are, but the practice jerseys have more variety :lol:
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:00 am
MissouriMook wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:37 pmJust saw them in a different context on the SN broadcast of the WPG-TOR game and they’re starting to grow on me a little bit. Hopefully they are a lot better looking in person than in print.
So what was the different context ... the announcers had Canadian accents?
No, on display (on mannequin like things, as if they're being worn) in HD, with motion. Very different than looking at something static in print on the internet.

Eh.

I've already ordered one for everyone on this board, you will learn to love them!!!

They're a jersey for the ASG. I honestly don't remember what any of the previous versions looked like, and a year from now no one in this board will remember either....or will you since I've just challenged your memory!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm I've already ordered one for everyone on this board, you will learn to love them!!!

They're a jersey for the ASG. I honestly don't remember what any of the previous versions looked like, and a year from now no one in this board will remember either....or will you since I've just challenged your memory!
Weren't there some like neon green or neon orange jerseys a yr or three ago?
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm I've already ordered one for everyone on this board, you will learn to love them!!!

If you'd like to take a trip down memory lane of them..I haven't liked one since 1993

http://m.nhluniforms.com/AllStar/AllStarGame.html
Just a Russian propaganda account