Re: Mikkola

MattyIce wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:32 am I just don't like any scenario that ends with Dunn not being on this team. Every year we end up using 9 or so different d-men with injuries that happen. I like Mikkola, but he has played one NHL game. Let's let the year play out before we decide to ship Dunn out of town. Dunn is young, has a rare skill set, and is an RFA after this year. If the Blues are forced to make a tough decision with their D after this year, I have a feeling that it will be moving on from the guy who will be 37 next year in J-BO.
Dunn is OK but you don't bend over backwards to keep a d-man who plays 16 minutes a night and is pretty bad in his own zone. I personally think Petro will re-sign here and Jaybo as well. The decision on Dunn probably doesn't need to come until the Seattle exp draft, but if we keep Petro I'd rather trade Dunn for a decent return before having to lose him at the draft.

MattyIce wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:32 am I just don't like any scenario that ends with Dunn not being on this team. Every year we end up using 9 or so different d-men with injuries that happen. I like Mikkola, but he has played one NHL game. Let's let the year play out before we decide to ship Dunn out of town. Dunn is young, has a rare skill set, and is an RFA after this year. If the Blues are forced to make a tough decision with their D after this year, I have a feeling that it will be moving on from the guy who will be 37 next year in J-BO.
I agree, I don't know why Dunn is being chosen as Seattle fodder, I want to keep our Defense intact ------ it's the best in the league! We at least need to see how good Perunovich is first before thinking about discarding Dunn and that's going to take some time. IMO hang on to Dunn!

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:00 am
Matangama wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:51 am
ratonmono wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 am Jaybo's wife says he has until 40 to keep playing. The way he's been, you keep offering him one year deals until he can't go anymore. If we bring back Petro then Dunn is the odd man out as Mikkola is better suited to a 3rd pairing role and looks good already.
Jaybo likes it here, his kids have grown up here, he has had success here, and he is continuing to play really well. Unless he gets injured, I don’t see any reason why he won’t be back again next season. Gunny is a different story. Might be time for him to consider hanging them up, even though he has another year on his deal.
Yeah, if had to choose between JayBo and Boom Boom, I'd keep JayBo. This would still be a strong lineup next season, and IF Petro doesn't re-sign, there will be some other options via a trade or UFA:

Faulk/Petro
JayBo/Parayko
Dunn/Bortz
Mikkola-Walman

or

Dunn/Faulk
Jaybo/Parayko
Mikkola-Walman/Bortz-??? (Krug/Shatty/Barrie/Vatanen/Gustafsson/Brodie/Guda/Mussin/JEd all potential UFA and top 6 dmen)

Still a damn good defense even without our fearless Captain.
Don't forget about Reinke and Perunovich.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:34 am
I agree, I don't know why Dunn is being chosen as Seattle fodder, I want to keep our Defense intact ------ it's the best in the league! We at least need to see how good Perunovich is first before thinking about discarding Dunn and that's going to take some time. IMO hang on to Dunn!
Expansion Draft rules:
In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.
I believe that this is the reason Sanford is being kept around for.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am
Expansion Draft rules:
In addition, all NHL teams must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the draft:

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.
thanks - didn't know these rules. maybe that's why Sanford keeps getting the nod every night for that 40 game mark.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:57 am

Expansion Draft rules:

thanks - didn't know these rules. maybe that's why Sanford keeps getting the nod every night for that 40 game mark.
That's what I've been saying.... I'm not in love him or his game, but he can be a long term asset in this regard..... and I wont call him names and actually hate him... that's just crazy.

Expansion Draft rules:

That makes sense, 9 games to go, then pressbox time.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:26 am
Expansion Draft rules:

From your lips to the hand of God.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:31 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:26 am

From your lips to the hand of God.
I got worried he wouldn't make the nine games at the end of the 1st period where panger was making it sound like he got hurt on that hit.

But there he was on the bench not doing much for the rest of the game.

I've noticed Scott Perunovich has 50 minutes in penalties in 19 games so far this season in the NCAA.

Has he got a bit of an edge to his game or does he go to the David Perron School of Dumb Penalties?

BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:35 am I've noticed Scott Perunovich has 50 minutes in penalties in 19 games so far this season in the NCAA.

Has he got a bit of an edge to his game or does he go to the David Perron School of Dumb Penalties?
Believe it or not he’s got a little nastiness in his game. He doesn’t shy away from contact.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:35 am I've noticed Scott Perunovich has 50 minutes in penalties in 19 games so far this season in the NCAA.

Believe it or not he’s got a little nastiness in his game. He doesn’t shy away from contact.
Good. That should be a prerequisite for being a Blue.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:57 am

Good. That should be a prerequisite for being a Blue.
If you didn't see this from a couple of years ago scroll down and watch the Bill Armstrong interview on the draft recap of Perunovich...he mentions Perunovich likes to throw his weight around. Also nice to revisit his recap on Hofer two years later now that we know more about him.

http://bluesnewsforum.com/forum/viewtop ... ker#p75875
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I think most people who don't know much about him will be pleasantly surprised with how much like Torey Krug he is. The kind of guy you can't stand to play against but love on your team. He may not carve out the NHL career that Krug has but it won't be for lack of trying and the opportunity. After the circumstances surrounding how he was drafted (they already had a jersey with his name on it at the draft table when they took him at 45th overall) you know he is going to be given every opportunity to make this team once he signs his ELC.

MissouriMook wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:18 am
I think most people who don't know much about him will be pleasantly surprised with how much like Torey Krug he is. The kind of guy you can't stand to play against but love on your team. He may not carve out the NHL career that Krug has but it won't be for lack of trying and the opportunity. After the circumstances surrounding how he was drafted (they already had a jersey with his name on it at the draft table when they took him at 45th overall) you know he is going to be given every opportunity to make this team once he signs his ELC.
And that was after every team in the league didn't take him for 2 whole drafts when they had the chance.

(Cody Clark, Wendel's nephew, was available and went 2 picks later. I'm gonna keep that in the ole memory bank)