Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs SJ Sharks - 7:00 1/7 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1

barnburner wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:33 am This team needs to get back to playing a heavy game with sound defense. Brouwer is better than Sanford in both areas.
The thing with Brouwer is he only plays less than 10 minutes a game when he does play, he's not going to make much of an impact one way or another either way. But, it's a good time in Blues history if our biggest concern is a 4th line roster spot. Instead of obsessing over important positions and roles.
Just a Russian propaganda account

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 am I'm clearly no fan of Sanford, but I don't see what others are seeing in the 19-20 version of Brouwer. He has taken the crown from Maroon as the slowest player on the team, and he's handled the puck like a grenade. I'd much rather see Sunny in Sanford's spot, Barby in Steen's spot and a 4th line of Mac-DLR-Steen.
Or Barby on line 2 and DLR centering line 4 even though DLR had a bad game in Vegas which is why he’s sitting tonight.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:39 am I'm clearly no fan of Sanford, but I don't see what others are seeing in the 19-20 version of Brouwer. He has taken the crown from Maroon as the slowest player on the team, and he's handled the puck like a grenade. I'd much rather see Sunny in Sanford's spot, Barby in Steen's spot and a 4th line of Mac-DLR-Steen.
Is Kostin back playing with SA now? I know he got hurt. Frankly, I think the Blues should of kept Kostin and played the darn kid and given him a chance to be a goal scorer in this league. Kostin playing here wouldn't hurt this team at all IMO and you'd be giving this kid a chance to grow. IMO he's shown he belongs up here.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:45 am
Or Barby on line 2 and DLR centering line 4 even though DLR had a bad game in Vegas which is why he’s sitting tonight.
Barby had a run at being on those lines and it wasn't a fit for him. He is perfect on the 4th line.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Is Kostin back playing with SA now? I know he got hurt. Frankly, I think the Blues should of kept Kostin and played the darn kid and given him a chance to be a goal scorer in this league. Kostin playing here wouldn't hurt this team at all IMO and you'd be giving this kid a chance to grow. IMO he's shown he belongs up here.
Not only back playing, but playing great. He has a goal in 4 straight games.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:19 am Just remember Sanford sucks with potential, Brouwer sucks without it.
I think the potential part is where we disagree. He is 25 now. He should be coming into his prime. I don't see any development out of him TBH. He hasn't put on any size, he doesn't skate well, and he has defensive lapses. But he will score on a nice shot about every 10 games. That's about it.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:30 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:19 am Just remember Sanford sucks with potential, Brouwer sucks without it.
I think the potential part is where we disagree. He is 25 now. He should be coming into his prime. I don't see any development out of him TBH. He hasn't put on any size, he doesn't skate well, and he has defensive lapses. But he will score on a nice shot about every 10 games. That's about it.
That's pretty silly, IMO. Barbashev and Sunny D are the same age. Are we saying they are maxed out on their potential and not going to continue to improve?

Maybe Sanford won't, maybe this is exactly what he is. But to say a player is done at 25 when he still shows flashes, seems a bit premature.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:21 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Not only back playing, but playing great. He has a goal in 4 straight games.
Wow, I can't believe he's not here playing. And the thing is they want to make him a north/south player. I know it's hard to bitch about the Blues but........................

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 pm
That's pretty silly, IMO. Barbashev and Sunny D are the same age. Are we saying they are maxed out on their potential and not going to continue to improve?

Maybe Sanford won't, maybe this is exactly what he is. But to say a player is done at 25 when he still shows flashes, seems a bit premature.
I'm not necessarily saying that he's done. But honestly, have you seen much development out of him between the last 3 years? He looks like the exact same player to me. His shot is what makes us think he has more to give. But his frame and drive are the things holding him back IMO.
KA-KAW!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:19 pm
Barby had a run at being on those lines and it wasn't a fit for him. He is perfect on the 4th line.
He’s still a better fit than Sanford
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:19 pm

He’s still a better fit than Sanford
He’s certainly a better player than him but Barbs is so good in his current role, that I think it hurts two lines to move him off of it.

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:19 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 pm

I'm not necessarily saying that he's done. But honestly, have you seen much development out of him between the last 3 years? He looks like the exact same player to me. His shot is what makes us think he has more to give. But his frame and drive are the things holding him back IMO.
Well he really hasn't been playing here for 3 years to judge your question. He's played 100 games for the Blues and most of those were last season when he had moments where he looked like a slug and moments where he looked like we may have an NHL player. I agree though, he certainly hasn't turned into a consistent player we'd hope for.