Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Colorado - 1/2 8:30 - TV:NBCSN Radio:101.1

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:30 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:43 pm

For what it's worth, Sanford is 6th on the team amongst forwards in hits. He's also #1 on the team in giveaway/takeaway ratio.

Chief does in fact know what he's doing.
You can quote fancy metrics all day long..:.my eyes tell me....HE SUCKS!!!!!
I don’t know that those count as fancy metrics :lol:

Chief’s eyes > Tim’s eyes
Just wanted to remind you about Sanford....HE SUCKS!!! Oh and also...Chief has some bad eyesight
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:58 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 pm

You can quote fancy metrics all day long..:.my eyes tell me....HE SUCKS!!!!!

Just wanted to remind you about Sanford....HE SUCKS!!! Oh and also...Chief has some bad eyesight
?
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:03 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:58 am

Oh and also...Chief has some bad eyesight

Chiefs ancestors come from the Hakawi's

lol! Classic!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BlueinNy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:24 am Imo, it was the usual suspects that got owned by the Avs speed. Everyone knows who and when. That being said, too many stupid penalties against a fast hungry team = ass kicking.
This is why Chief should've played Brouwer. He plays a vet game and reads plays well, he would've been able to skate circles around the Avalanche speed. People are saying he's the Canadian Pavel Bure.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:28 am
BlueinNy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:24 am Imo, it was the usual suspects that got owned by the Avs speed. Everyone knows who and when. That being said, too many stupid penalties against a fast hungry team = ass kicking.
This is why Chief should've played Brouwer. He plays a vet game and reads plays well, he would've been able to skate circles around the Avalanche speed. People are saying he's the Canadian Pavel Bure.
:lol: Would Brouwer have changed the result of last night's game by himself. Nope. Is he a better player than Sanford in my eyes? Absolutely.
Whatever though, it doesn't matter. People see what they want to see, and some people will hate Brouwer for some reason.
Everyone just focuses WAY too much on speed in today's game. The Jets were faster than the Blues, yet lost. The Stars were either the same or a bit faster than the Blues, yet lost. The Sharks were 100% faster than the Blues, yet got dismantled. And the Bruins definitely have some better top end speed, then watched them lift the Cup. The Knights, Caps, Leafs, and Preds are all teams with good team speed and all got bounced in the first round. Also the speedy Oilers, Yotes, Canucks all missed the playoffs all together last year.
You win with a team game and Brouwer (IMO) plays a really solid team game which is what you need in your bottom 6. No one is saying that he is any more than that.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:19 am
:lol: Would Brouwer have changed the result of last night's game by himself. Nope. Is he a better player than Sanford in my eyes? Absolutely.
Whatever though, it doesn't matter. People see what they want to see, and some people will hate Brouwer for some reason.
Everyone just focuses WAY too much on speed in today's game. The Jets were faster than the Blues, yet lost. The Stars were either the same or a bit faster than the Blues, yet lost. The Sharks were 100% faster than the Blues, yet got dismantled. And the Bruins definitely have some better top end speed, then watched them lift the Cup. The Knights, Caps, Leafs, and Preds are all teams with good team speed and all got bounced in the first round. Also the speedy Oilers, Yotes, Canucks all missed the playoffs all together last year.
You win with a team game and Brouwer (IMO) plays a really solid team game which is what you need in your bottom 6. No one is saying that he is any more than that.

Come on Matt, don't you know Faulk sucks :)

No one on this board hates Brouwer, to my knowledge.

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:28 am

Did he not?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:43 am

Did he not?
He had a couple of bad plays but that’s what you get with Justin Faulk. That’s his game...always has been. He’s a riverboat gambler....you take the good with the bad. Blues wanted to add his game to the mix...they knew all about the player he was when they traded for him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:03 am

Did he not?
He had a couple of bad plays but that’s what you get with Justin Faulk. That’s his game...always has been. He’s a riverboat gambler....you take the good with the bad. Blues wanted to add his game to the mix...they knew all about the player he was when they traded for him.
So he sucked. Thank you.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:21 am Everyone is complaining about Sanford which is fine but I think Steen is the bigger problem. He’s been awful for awhile now and it’s unlikely he sits. Guy needs to be on the fourth line. At least we know Berube will scratch Sanford
They are just being loud about Sanford because it’ll make them feel right on the internet.

You aren’t lying about Steen.

Here's my take after some time to reflect and see the furthered discussion here:

1. Sanford had a terrible game defensively, but he also had a few good plays around the net. But overall he was not what you'd hope to see, but neither was anyone...
2. Which brings me to this; last nights game sucked for the Blues. Binner, the top 6 of Schwartz, Schenn, Barbs, SunnyD, ROR, and Perron were invisible most of the game, except when taking or getting called for dumb penalties. The D was also over-matched, with the only real highlight being Petro's goal and a few good attempts by him and Faulk. But everyone defensively, forwards and dmen, blew coverage last night.
3. The speed thing. Yes, we beat 'faster teams' last season, and also earlier this year. The way the Blues do that though is by being in the right positions AND by pounding the shit out of the opposition. The last two games were hard nosed playoff style games for the opposition, but the Blues played October hockey. They were out of position, they skated slow for most of the night, and didn't work hard on puck battles. Point being: you cannot hit what you cannot catch. We could have had Pronger, Stevens, Chara, the hardest hitting defensemen ever on D last night, and if they played like our D did, they would have sucked to. You have to be in position AND skate hard to hit the fast bastards.
4. Troy Brouwer; he is a good team player, and while I don't 'hate him', I do not see a use for him in the NHL anymore. Maybe against some teams he would be an OK 13th/14th forward to have in the pressbox. But he doesn't have any speed and he doesn't even hit anymore, because he cannot get in the way of the faster skaters. I mean, he may be able to hit the goalie, but even most of them are too fast ;) Would I take Sanford over 'slow-bro'...yes. But IMHO, we need Kyrou in the lineup, and once Blais gets back, barring any injuries, send Brouwer to the AHL....he won't get claimed so he'll stay in the system as long as he reports.
5. Most importantly and someone else mentioned this, we are 8-2 in our last 10 games, and are coming off of the holidays. The Blues looked tired and disinterested last night. I don't think we will see that again vs the VGK. IMHO, as long as we go 5-2 over the next 7 games between now and the ASG (5 of which are at home, 3 of which are vs EC teams), we should be good to hold onto the top seed in the WC. It's a long season, and sometimes losing and mistake filled hockey games like this bring a team back to reality of the hard work it takes, especially now that the calendar has turned and teams are getting more desperate for points AND gunning harder when playing the reigning Stanley Cup Mother FUCKING CHAMPIONS! (that felt good to type)
6. Oh yeah, back to speed for a second. The other weapon for beating fast teams...is speed from your own players. Is it coincidence that the fastest player dressed for the Blues last night scored two goals? Not saying that if Kyrou was in we would have won, but there would have been more opportunities. We need Blais back too, as he has some fastness. That'd actually be a fun line: Blais/Thomas/Kyrou.

Lastly....LET'S GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:16 pm Here's my take after some time to reflect and see the furthered discussion here:

1. Sanford had a terrible game defensively, but he also had a few good plays around the net. But overall he was not what you'd hope to see, but neither was anyone...
2. Which brings me to this; last nights game sucked for the Blues. Binner, the top 6 of Schwartz, Schenn, Barbs, SunnyD, ROR, and Perron were invisible most of the game, except when taking or getting called for dumb penalties. The D was also over-matched, with the only real highlight being Petro's goal and a few good attempts by him and Faulk. But everyone defensively, forwards and dmen, blew coverage last night.
3. The speed thing. Yes, we beat 'faster teams' last season, and also earlier this year. The way the Blues do that though is by being in the right positions AND by pounding the shit out of the opposition. The last two games were hard nosed playoff style games for the opposition, but the Blues played October hockey. They were out of position, they skated slow for most of the night, and didn't work hard on puck battles. Point being: you cannot hit what you cannot catch. We could have had Pronger, Stevens, Chara, the hardest hitting defensemen ever on D last night, and if they played like our D did, they would have sucked to. You have to be in position AND skate hard to hit the fast bastards.
4. Troy Brouwer; he is a good team player, and while I don't 'hate him', I do not see a use for him in the NHL anymore. Maybe against some teams he would be an OK 13th/14th forward to have in the pressbox. But he doesn't have any speed and he doesn't even hit anymore, because he cannot get in the way of the faster skaters. I mean, he may be able to hit the goalie, but even most of them are too fast ;) Would I take Sanford over 'slow-bro'...yes. But IMHO, we need Kyrou in the lineup, and once Blais gets back, barring any injuries, send Brouwer to the AHL....he won't get claimed so he'll stay in the system as long as he reports.
5. Most importantly and someone else mentioned this, we are 8-2 in our last 10 games, and are coming off of the holidays. The Blues looked tired and disinterested last night. I don't think we will see that again vs the VGK. IMHO, as long as we go 5-2 over the next 7 games between now and the ASG (5 of which are at home, 3 of which are vs EC teams), we should be good to hold onto the top seed in the WC. It's a long season, and sometimes losing and mistake filled hockey games like this bring a team back to reality of the hard work it takes, especially now that the calendar has turned and teams are getting more desperate for points AND gunning harder when playing the reigning Stanley Cup Mother FUCKING CHAMPIONS! (that felt good to type)
6. Oh yeah, back to speed for a second. The other weapon for beating fast teams...is speed from your own players. Is it coincidence that the fastest player dressed for the Blues last night scored two goals? Not saying that if Kyrou was in we would have won, but there would have been more opportunities. We need Blais back too, as he has some fastness. That'd actually be a fun line: Blais/Thomas/Kyrou.

Lastly....LET'S GO BLUES!!!
Well said!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:21 am Everyone is complaining about Sanford which is fine but I think Steen is the bigger problem. He’s been awful for awhile now and it’s unlikely he sits. Guy needs to be on the fourth line. At least we know Berube will scratch Sanford
They are just being loud about Sanford because it’ll make them feel right on the internet.

Even when Sanford scores, he just doesn't pass the eye test to me. He looks like he a borderline NHLer with really good hands, so he scores an occasional nice goal to keep giving hope that he can develop into something more. It has nothing to do with being right or wrong. Trust me, I hope he puts it all together. I would have no problem being wrong about him. Fuck, look how wrong 99% of us were about the entire team last year.

Also, Dread, check out my new signature... ;)
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:23 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 am

Also, Dread, check out my new signature... ;)
Bold of you to demand Brouwer be released. ;)

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:56 am

Did he not?
So he sucked. Thank you.
All depends on how you look at it. He tried to make plays and it didn’t work out. Sanford on the other hand....he just flat out sucks

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:56 am

So he sucked. Thank you.
All depends on how you look at it. He tried to make plays and it didn’t work out. Sanford on the other hand....he just flat out sucks
He tried to make plays and it didn't work out. lol That's a new one. I tried to date Jessica Biel and it didn't work out.