Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at San Jose - 9:30 12/21 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am ROR has scored all his goals on the road this year. None at home.
We are 12-4-3 at home
We are 11-4-3 away

If we beat LA heading into the Christmas break we will have exactly the same home record and road record as the top team in the West.

This team just doesn't seem to have a glaring weakness, with the possible exception of injuries. I mean, imagine if we had Tarasenko all this time, as well!

RAFritchey wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:28 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am ROR has scored all his goals on the road this year. None at home.
We are 12-4-3 at home
We are 11-4-3 away

If we beat LA heading into the Christmas break we will have exactly the same home record and road record as the top team in the West.

This team just doesn't seem to have a glaring weakness, with the possible exception of injuries. I mean, imagine if we had Tarasenko all this time, as well!
Funny you bring that up about Tarasenko. I was thinking tonight about when the time comes that he re-enters the lineup that is it possible he would hurt us? I mean how long will it take him to get back up to speed? It would be nice if he could make it back at the 70 game mark to get back into shape. Just wonder if him coming back during the playoffs would actually be counter productive. I mean a couple bad games by him could cost you a round and that’s it, party over.

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:55 am
We are 12-4-3 at home
We are 11-4-3 away

Funny you bring that up about Tarasenko. I was thinking tonight about when the time comes that he re-enters the lineup that is it possible he would hurt us? I mean how long will it take him to get back up to speed? It would be nice if he could make it back at the 70 game mark to get back into shape. Just wonder if him coming back during the playoffs would actually be counter productive. I mean a couple bad games by him could cost you a round and that’s it, party over.

Was you drunk when you wrote this??? How in the hell does getting your best scoring forward back into the lineup 'hurt' your team??? Sorry, just don't see the logic behind this type of thinking.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 am
We are 12-4-3 at home
We are 11-4-3 away

Was you drunk when you wrote this??? How in the hell does getting your best scoring forward back into the lineup 'hurt' your team??? Sorry, just don't see the logic behind this type of thinking.
If he doesn’t come back until the playoffs and starts playing for the first time during the playoffs, it’s reasonable to think he won’t be up to speed. It’s not an ideal situation. I’d rather have him come back at the 70 game mark. If you remember, Tarasenko got off to a slow start in last years playoffs. Was a minus 4 in opening rd. and did not score a goal in any of the Blues wins in that series. The Blues win because of the team concept, not because of Tarasenko. That should be obvious now.

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:02 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 am

If he doesn’t come back until the playoffs and starts playing for the first time during the playoffs, it’s reasonable to think he won’t be up to speed. It’s not an ideal situation. I’d rather have him come back at the 70 game mark. If you remember, Tarasenko got off to a slow start in last years playoffs. Was a minus 4 in opening rd. and did not score a goal in any of the Blues wins in that series. The Blues win because of the team concept, not because of Tarasenko. That should be obvious now.
yes, but as the Blues' struggle earlier this month showed, when we are missing too many of our top 9 forwards, the team cannot win either. Tarasenko is a key part of our SC winning team, and was a major factor in the Cup run. Lot's of players stepped up at different times and rounds last spring/summer. And it is obvious that our Blues team is better when it has Tarasenko on it than without. I get what you're saying, but to suggest that perhaps we would be worse off when Tarasenko comes back is silly IMO.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:10 am Tarasenko at 80% is still better than 95% of the league.

Also, ROR sucked at the beginning of the playoffs too, Schwartz carried the team so I’m unsure what your point was about Tarasenko on the first round...
All I’m saying is it would be better for Tank to get back in Gm shape during reg season rather than starting up in playoffs. ROR did get off to slow start but he scored goals in 2 Blues wins in that series with one being a game winner I believe.

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:11 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:10 am Tarasenko at 80% is still better than 95% of the league.

Also, ROR sucked at the beginning of the playoffs too, Schwartz carried the team so I’m unsure what your point was about Tarasenko on the first round...
All I’m saying is it would be better for Tank to get back in Gm shape during reg season rather than starting up in playoffs. ROR did get off to slow start but he scored goals in 2 Blues wins in that series with one being a game winner I believe.
That goes without saying. But the idea of Tarasenko hurting this team seems a bit ridiculous to be candid. I mean he's taking the spot of someone like Brouwer or DLR, it's not like he'd be taking over Schenn's spot.

I can sort of see your point of breaking up the rhythm of the team if that's what you're saying, but no, Tarasenko doesn't hurt your team.
Just a Russian propaganda account

ROR was hurt in the Winnipeg series....he wasn't anywhere near 100% for the first 2.5 rounds
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

jfbop37 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:57 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:33 am Jake Allen sure would look good in the Sharks net next season.
Good luck with that. They are paying Jones more right now than we are paying Jake for more years and there is NO WAY anyone is taking that contract on.
The Sharks look like a spectacular disaster right now. It's absolutely fantastic.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:16 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:33 am Jake Allen sure would look good in the Sharks net next season.
I'm guessing he ends up in the East. Columbus, New Jersey, Buffalo and even Ottawa are all places that make sense. Being from the Maritimes he would probably prefer that anyway, and I doubt we would want to face a motivated Jakey three times a year.
We only get to protect one goalie in the expansion draft, don't we? Surely that'll be Binnington. What other goalies would be available in the expansion draft?