GDT: St Louis Blues at San Jose - 9:30 12/21 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1

THE MATCHUP
BLUES The Blues swept a four-game homestand Wednesday with a 2-1 win against the Edmonton Oilers at Enterprise Center. Jake Allen made 35 saves while Brayden Schenn and Mackenzie MacEachern scored in the win.

"I thought we played a real solid game, 60 minutes," Blues Head Coach Craig Berube said after the game.

The Blues improved to 22-8-6 (50 points) to extend their lead atop the Western Conference and are 8-3-0 in their last 11 games.

SHARKS Fortunes have certainly changed for the Sharks, who were one of two teams left standing in the Western Conference in last season's playoffs. As of Dec. 20, the Sharks sat 12th in the Western Conference with a 16-18-2 record (34 points).

San Jose, who relieved Head Coach Peter DeBoer of his duties earlier this month, have lost seven of their last eight games and two of three since Bob Boughner was named interim head coach on Dec. 11.

Logan Couture leads the Sharks with 32 points (11 goals, 21 assists) this season, while Tomas Hertl (28 points) and Evander Kane (26 points) rank second and third, respectively. Patrick Marleau returned to San Jose in the offseason after a stint with the Toronto Maple Leafs, but longtime captain Joe Pavelski, who played 13 years with the Sharks, departed and signed a three-year deal with the Dallas Stars in the offseason.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/preview- ... =282288828
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at San Jose - 9:30 12/21 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:11 pm Isn't it amazing how mediocre the sharts have become without Pavelski? I used to think if we got half the points available on a west coast swing it was a win, now not so much.
Yeah they miss him. And I bet Burns and Karlsson do too. How many screens you think he puts up for those guys? Big all around loss for them. Theyd of been better off keeping him and letting Karlsson walk.

Matangama wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:14 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:12 pm I’m starting to wonder if Binnington has some kind of nagging minor injury or something. I know Jake is playing well but they sure are playing him a lot.
I said the same thing over in the Idiot Forum. I think there might be a little something going on with him.
Talking goalies on the idiot forum...what could possibly go wrong?

The Blues are playing really well on defence tonight, but they look really sluggish on offence, missing passes by a lot, overskating the puck, not knowing where there linemates are, and I think a fair amount of that is due to The Sharks puting a LOT of energy into their forechecking and backchecking. I think scoring first will be unusually important in this game. The Blues are playing too much in their own zone.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:08 pm The Blues are playing really well on defence tonight, but they look really sluggish on offence, missing passes by a lot, overskating the puck, not knowing where there linemates are, and I think a fair amount of that is due to The Sharks puting a LOT of energy into their forechecking and backchecking. I think scoring first will be unusually important in this game. The Blues are playing too much in their own zone.
Agreed, at this point I think the Blues are being outshot about 12-3, and Allen's made some decent saves.