Young uns

Sunny d, it has become evident this year is that he makes any line he plays on better. He reminds me of a youthful Steen, just plug em in where u need him. His future is bright, barring injury.
Sandford what a riddle, one game hes good and then like last night he was invisible unless he was losing the handle on the puck.
Kyrou is going to be our next Dimetra, wheels and skill; special.
Thomas, what can one say about the skill this kid has other than wow.
I wish Walker stayed up for a while but I also understand he needs ice time he wouldn't get here, theres definitely an upside with more experience.
Just my opinions, which with 1.49 will get me a small coffee at the corner gas station.

Re: Young uns

100 % agree with everything you said.. Sunny is the kind of guy you have to have to win Cups unsung hero type player who has flurished under Berube just like Barby. Sanford oh god where do I start . Your right good game bad game very inconsistent . The guy I am starting to like is DLR he has been getting better every game and Berube had him out there last night when the game was on the line in the last min. When Berube does these things it just gives players like DLR tons of confedence ..

I love Kyrou, but we'll be lucky if he turns out to be half the player Demitra was. Demitra had multiple seasons pushing 90 points...I don't see Kyrou doing that. This is no disrespect to Kyrou, I just think we forget just how good Demitra was sometimes. I know I for sure took him for granted.

Blues are a lot more of a heavy team and they are more physical but the team makeup is a lot like the Detroit Cup winning teams.

Detroit always had these Swedes like Holmstrom and Franzen that were just so complementary to the makeup of their teams. They weren't stars but you needed them.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:17 am I love Kyrou, but we'll be lucky if he turns out to be half the player Demitra was. Demitra had multiple seasons pushing 90 points...I don't see Kyrou doing that. This is no disrespect to Kyrou, I just think we forget just how good Demitra was sometimes. I know I for sure took him for granted.
I see your point, with one caveat, different eras, hockey in my estimation has defensively gotten better through the years.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:28 am Blues are a lot more of a heavy team and they are more physical but the team makeup is a lot like the Detroit Cup winning teams.

Detroit always had these Swedes like Holmstrom and Franzen that were just so complementary to the makeup of their teams. They weren't stars but you needed them.
This is why I wasn't wanting any part of the Taylor Hall sweepstakes. I think giving up one of those young players would have had an adverse effect on the team chemistry now AND in the future.

I wouldn’t say Kyrou is Demitra ...those are some lofty expectations and you will probably end up disappointed. Demitra played in a different era where it was a bit easier to get those points. The skill separation between the top players and lower tier players was much wider than it is today. I think as long as he continues to develop , Kyrou should be 55-60 point player and will probably hit 30 goals here and there. Those are just my expectations anyway. I will say this though.....he was exactly the guy to draft when we did. The game was changing for sure and we needed to add that kind of player. My hope was him or Dillon Dube at the time. Both are now finding their game at the NHL level at the same time. You can say “yeah we should have drafted Debrincat” and he’s a great goal scorer for sure but he’s always had great players around him in Juniors and now the NHL. Honestly not sure he would have been the same player had he ended up in St. Louis.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I like Blais in our young group. I have concners that Kyrou can get the big league figured out. He has speed and skill, Ty Rattie has speed and skill. Kyrou will have to get a little tougher and more dirty to be effective against NHL defense.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:14 am The Blues have never had this level of development working for them in the last 69 years. I have to add time to their actual existence to account for how bad it has been in the past.
Cap, you’re right. I remember as a kid, I’d get all hyped up on Blues prospects, and then when they got called up, you would see them play in the NHL and they would be massively underwhelming. There were obvious exceptions (like Joe Mullen), but the Blues used to be very guilty of overhyping marginal prospects. I’m talking back before everything being on the internet and YouTube videos on everyone, so you had no good way to call bullshit.

39hurricane wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 am I like Blais in our young group. I have concners that Kyrou can get the big league figured out. He has speed and skill, Ty Rattie has speed and skill. Kyrou will have to get a little tougher and more dirty to be effective against NHL defense.
I might not remember correctly, but I thought one of the things that held Rattie back was a complete lack of speed. He had skill, but not enough to compensate.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

39hurricane wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 am I like Blais in our young group. I have concners that Kyrou can get the big league figured out. He has speed and skill, Ty Rattie has speed and skill. Kyrou will have to get a little tougher and more dirty to be effective against NHL defense.
Rattie had great hands and that was it. His skill was lacking and his skating was extremely poor. Kyrou is a completely different player than Rattie.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:16 am
Rattie had great hands and that was it. His skill was lacking and his skating was extremely poor. Kyrou is a completely different player than Rattie.
+3. Kyrou is far superior over Rattie, who was simply an Ahl level player. It would have been interesting to see how Demitra would have done, playing in Berube's system, because he tended to become more of a perimeter player when the defenses started sagging, and the hitting got more intense in the playoffs.

barnburner wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:48 pm
+3. Kyrou is far superior over Rattie, who was simply an Ahl level player. It would have been interesting to see how Demitra would have done, playing in Berube's system, because he tended to become more of a perimeter player when the defenses started sagging, and the hitting got more intense in the playoffs.
Ok guys, Nail Yakupov.

39hurricane wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:57 am

Ok guys, Nail Yakupov.
I remember when the slogan in Edmonton was "Fail for Nail".

What was everyone thinking?

39hurricane wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:57 am

Ok guys, Nail Yakupov.
Kyrou is Nail Yakupov? C'mon man

"Suck a dick Johansen"

My sentiment as well but Kyrou so far is meeting the challenge. He’s proving he’s NHL material right now. It’s very encouraging what he’s shown so far. If he can continue to build on what he’s shown so far, he’ll be a good player.

Ty Rattie was a joke. Didn’t even have a NHL shot. No aggression, soft, just a terrible player at the NHL level.