Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Colorado -7:00 12/16 - TV:FSMO-ESPN+ Radio:101.1

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:25 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:21 pm I said after the last game that Berube should try the Faulk-Petro pairing again and he did and they’re playing well. Basically what I’m saying is that I could coach the Blues
Good call coach! Yeah, Faulk looks real good tonight and has played much better last few games. Love the D pairs tonight.
The JBo-Parayko pairing is SUPER solid again as well. With both pairings clicking as well as they could be, and Dunn-Bortuzo/Gunnarson as a 3rd pairing, we really could have the best D-Corps in the league.

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:46 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:25 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:21 pm I said after the last game that Berube should try the Faulk-Petro pairing again and he did and they’re playing well. Basically what I’m saying is that I could coach the Blues
Good call coach! Yeah, Faulk looks real good tonight and has played much better last few games. Love the D pairs tonight.
The JBo-Parayko pairing is SUPER solid again as well. With both pairings clicking as well as they could be, and Dunn-Bortuzo/Gunnarson as a 3rd pairing, we really could have the best D-Corps in the league.
Yeah I don't think anyone else is close with Faulk playing like he can. We know what JBo and Parayko can do, Petro is Petro and the 3rd pairing is as good as it gets as far as 3rd pairings go.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:25 pm I don't think Kyrou will be going back to The Rampage. The Blues need goals, and we've seen Kyrou playing responsibly in all zones. :D
Really impressed with this young man. Instead of sulking and pouting because he wasn't getting called up, he worked hard to improve the things that Chief wanted from him, and it's paying off. Last year he was definitely a defensive liability. No more. He's become a much better all around player, and his offensive game is just going to get better and better.
I'm a believer in making people earn their way, and this youngster is doing just that! He's going to be special.

barnburner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:25 pm I don't think Kyrou will be going back to The Rampage. The Blues need goals, and we've seen Kyrou playing responsibly in all zones. :D
Really impressed with this young man. Instead of sulking and pouting because he wasn't getting called up, he worked hard to improve the things that Chief wanted from him, and it's paying off. Last year he was definitely a defensive liability. No more. He's become a much better all around player, and his offensive game is just going to get better and better.
I'm a believer in making people earn their way, and this youngster is doing just that! He's going to be special.
He looks like he has filled out some too.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 am The Sundqvist-ROR-Perron line had 64% share of the shot attempts when they were on the ice and out chanced the opposition 8-4 when they were on the ice. And they were up against Mackinnon’s line most of the night. That’s really impressive
That line did great last night (obviously). All three played their game to a T. You love to see it

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:53 am
barnburner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 pm
He looks like he has filled out some too.
Yeah, he said in an interview, that he worked on adding some muscle because he knew if he was going to fit
Berube's game plan, he would need it.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:29 am The Avs game day thread was full of praise for the Blues last night. Pretty impressive and then some fucking Blues fan went in their thread talking shit. Which one of you fuckers did that? :lol:
Haha reading that thread, those Avs fans are pretty overconfident. "Playoff Mackinnon would eat Parayko for breakfast". They clearly didn't watch Parayko in the playoffs last year.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:07 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:29 am The Avs game day thread was full of praise for the Blues last night. Pretty impressive and then some fucking Blues fan went in their thread talking shit. Which one of you fuckers did that? :lol:
Haha reading that thread, those Avs fans are pretty overconfident. "Playoff Mackinnon would eat Parayko for breakfast". They clearly didn't watch Parayko in the playoffs last year.
Yeah, all he did was shut down the Jets top line, Seguin/Benn, the Sharks top line, and then after all that, the best line in hockey. But MacKinnon scored a bunch of goals on Mike Smith, so yeah, they're probably right.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:27 am
Yeah, all he did was shut down the Jets top line, Seguin/Benn, the Sharks top line, and then after all that, the best line in hockey. But MacKinnon scored a bunch of goals on Mike Smith, so yeah, they're probably right.
What if Parayko turned into Erik Johnson?

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am

He's done more in his career than Erik Johnson ever will so anything in the future really doesn't matter.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:57 am

He's done more in his career than Erik Johnson ever will so anything in the future really doesn't matter.
He'll never get high and have sex with Cuba Gooding Jr though.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:57 am

He'll never get high and have sex with Cuba Gooding Jr though.
Yeah, old Cuba's got a bit of problems now to mess around with Colton.