Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Colorado -7:00 12/16 - TV:FSMO-ESPN+ Radio:101.1

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 pm
barnburner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:43 pm He’s a Berube player.

Will never put up points like Fabbri, but neither will Fabbri play defense and muscle people like DLR. We traded a player who didn't fit, for one who does. Good move.
As Dances with Wolves said to Wind in his hair, "Good trade".
Great quote, great movie! 👍

barnburner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Matangama wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:13 pm Sanford is useless
I just don’t get the apparent lack of passion. I would have thought the goal in Game 7, then the nice two year contract, would have pushed the guy to try and take his game to another level. Nope, guess not.
Maybe he's got Stewart disease.
Or Berglund, all the skill in the world and just played meh.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:43 pm This team (and last year’s team January on) is so different than every iteration of the Blues I’ve watched. It’s feels like we’ve had more come-from-behind wins the past two seasons than we had all of the other years in the past combined
There are just so many weapons on this team.

Most people and media have no idea how good this team is.

Good 2nd Period (it turns out-based on the last minute). They're playing well overall tonight. Thomas and Kyrou are both playing like veterans, and look like they belong. Good to see. Bortuzzo is looking good. O'Reilly, Schwartz, and Perron are playing well, too (as is Binnington). When it counts more, The Blues get up for the game. That's a good sign for the stretch run and The Playoffs, when Blais will be back, the youngsters will have had lots more experience, and Tarasenko will join during the playoffs(if all goes well).

BlueinNy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:43 pm
barnburner wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Matangama wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 pm

I just don’t get the apparent lack of passion. I would have thought the goal in Game 7, then the nice two year contract, would have pushed the guy to try and take his game to another level. Nope, guess not.
Maybe he's got Stewart disease.
Or Berglund, all the skill in the world and just played meh.
I think the Berglund issue was always a confidence issue. He’d have stretches where he’d feel good, but then struggle for long stretches. I do think the effort was always there (although for big guys, that often looks like it isn’t).

Stewart was in a league of his own. Likely the most frustrating Blue I ever saw. Should have been a dominant forward for years, and just didn’t seem to have the drive.