Re: John Shannon: Blues and Arizona at top of Hall sweepstakes

Somebody check on Tim when its announced that Dunn is going the other way.

But seriously, even if the Blues don't get him, what does that offer look like. Army for ROR for a first, a solid prospect and 2 bottom 6 players. ROR's value was diminished because he had the audacity to say he hated losing, so it's not apples to apples, but man I really want to hear what Army is dangling even if he doesn't pull it off.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 pm Somebody check on Tim when its announced that Dunn is going the other way.

But seriously, even if the Blues don't get him, what does that offer look like. Army for ROR for a first, a solid prospect and 2 bottom 6 players. ROR's value was diminished because he had the audacity to say he hated losing, so it's not apples to apples, but man I really want to hear what Army is dangling even if he doesn't pull it off.
ROR still had a lot of term, too. As a rental, you’d have to think that Hall is worth at least a first, a prospect, and a roster player, but I’ve been surprised before.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 pm Somebody check on Tim when its announced that Dunn is going the other way.

ROR was signed at a reasonable rate for 5 full seasons after the trade, though. That's a HUUUUGGEE difference between him & Hall, as a UFA.
I'm with you. I don't know what it would take, & I don't see it actually happening for STL right as everybody is getting healthy ( besides Tarasenko). A Hall trade would affect a lot of players & their standing/position.

Randall Fritchey said something on Twitter, HBO completely agree:

Army didn't part w/ Kyrou or Kostin for a signed OReilly, so I gotta believe there's a less than zero chance he moves one of them for a UFA like Hall.

Scruffy wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:25 am

ROR still had a lot of term, too. As a rental, you’d have to think that Hall is worth at least a first, a prospect, and a roster player, but I’ve been surprised before.
Beat me to it.

I can’t see the Blues trading Dunn....not enough depth on the left side, especially given the ages of Bouwmeester and Gunny. I could see NJ wanting Allen, a 1st, and Kyrou. But I don’t think Army gives up Kyrou for a rental. Would he give up Kostin? I’m still a little skeptical. I would think we would be in a much stronger position to pull off a Hall trade if we didn’t make the Faulk trade, and that’s not me bitching about that trade. But we would have the extra left handed defenseman and another top prospect to work with.. Bottom line, I don’t see it happening......but Army has surprised me before!

BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 am All I know is, if Army gets Hall, he’ll win that trade. I think Kyrou will be part of that deal and I’d be fine with that. Need to sell high on Kyrou while you can provided the Blues brass has re-evaluated that their expectations of Kyrou has diminished.
Agree with this. Kyrou and a first is what I could see the offer being but it’s Army so it’ll probably be Brouwer and a 5th.

Are the Devils in the market for a goaler? Allen?
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 am All I know is, if Army gets Hall, he’ll win that trade. I think Kyrou will be part of that deal and I’d be fine with that. Need to sell high on Kyrou while you can provided the Blues brass has re-evaluated that their expectations of Kyrou has diminished.
Kyrou has looked good and he's only going to get better. Why on earth would you think the Blues would give him up for a rental?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:18 am Sanford, Husso and a conditional 2020 1st rounder. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dunn involved, We have a ton of guys that can come here and play 3rd line LD minutes and Perunovich isn't far away.
Lets say Dunn is a part of the deal, yes Perunovich is hopefully close, but who is playing his spot this season as we go for the cup?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:48 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:18 am Sanford, Husso and a conditional 2020 1st rounder. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dunn involved, We have a ton of guys that can come here and play 3rd line LD minutes and Perunovich isn't far away.
Lets say Dunn is a part of the deal, yes Perunovich is hopefully close, but who is playing his spot this season as we go for the cup?
a
Well you've got the following already in the organization. One of those guy can play 3rd pairing NHL minutes. Obviously two of them already have plently of NHL experience. Mikkola would be my choice though.
Mikkola
Pouliot
Borgman
Walman

Plus if you keep Parayko on the left side then you can roll with Bouwmeester and Gunnar when healthy on the left side if need be and Petro, Faulk and Bortz on the right.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 am
Agree with this. Kyrou and a first is what I could see the offer being but it’s Army so it’ll probably be Brouwer and a 5th.

Are the Devils in the market for a goaler? Allen?
Seems they probably are now, for sure.

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 am
a
Well you've got the following already in the organization. One of those guy can play 3rd pairing NHL minutes. Obviously two of them already have plently of NHL experience. Mikkola would be my choice though.
Mikkola
Pouliot
Borgman
Walman

Plus if you keep Parayko on the left side then you can roll with Bouwmeester and Gunnar when healthy on the left side if need be and Petro, Faulk and Bortz on the right.
I wonder if any of them can fill in for Dunn on the PP though, not so much concerned about 3rd pairing spot.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:21 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:06 am

a
Mikkola
Pouliot
Borgman
Walman

I wonder if any of them can fill in for Dunn on the PP though, not so much concerned about 3rd pairing spot.
Pouliot would be that guy if you can live with his defensive game. I'd hope that Dunn is not involved here though. He seems to have a a defined role here for this team.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:46 am Blues would need to dump a $$$ contract to fit Hall under the cap. My guess it's Jake.
Blues would need to move a little over a $1mil back to Jersey to make this work and Sanford is at $1.5. Allen makes zero sense from a Devil's perspective especially when they can ask for Husso. Only way Allen is going back is if there was an extension along with the trade and if that's the case, then we are for sure losing one of Kyrou or Kostin and our 2020 1st rounder and odds would be good that closes the door on Petro once and for all.

"Suck a dick Johansen"