Re: John Shannon: Blues and Arizona at top of Hall sweepstakes

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:45 am

We won't see it coming either.
I can't think of an Army trade where there's been smoke leading into it. Schenn, ROR, Faulk all came here pretty much out of no where IIRC.
The J-Bo and Ryan Miller deals were rumored for months, if not years. Clearly all the whispers were coming from the other side in those cases. NJ is probably throwing the Blues and as many other teams out there as they can to drum up interest.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:07 pm

I can't think of an Army trade where there's been smoke leading into it. Schenn, ROR, Faulk all came here pretty much out of no where IIRC.
The J-Bo and Ryan Miller deals were rumored for months, if not years. Clearly all the whispers were coming from the other side in those cases. NJ is probably throwing the Blues and as many other teams out there as they can to drum up interest.
Yeah, I don't think the Blues have any leaks on the inside. And if they do, I'd imagine it's with a specific agenda to raise the price for rivals.

Canada media is all over Taylor Hall news so I'm sure they are searching far and wide for anything on it and would be very easy to manipulate
Just a Russian propaganda account

ROR was rumored heavily for a couple of weeks. It was only after we signed Bozak that we figured that a deal for ROR was officially off the table.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Yeah, I don't think the Blues have any leaks on the inside. And if they do, I'd imagine it's with a specific agenda to raise the price for rivals.

Canada media is all over Taylor Hall news so I'm sure they are searching far and wide for anything on it and would be very easy to manipulate
This trade feels like it's going to net a super disappointing return for Devils fans. Even if it's not the Blues, I can't wait to see it.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:52 pm Well good for the Coyotes for going for it this year. They've been so mediocre for so long that it's nice to see a team strike while they're at the top of the standings.
I agree. If they are ever going to succeed there, they need to generate excitement and have a good team. They could be fun to watch during the the second half and in the playoffs.......and they didn’t give up their best prospects.

Matangama wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:57 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:52 pm Well good for the Coyotes for going for it this year. They've been so mediocre for so long that it's nice to see a team strike while they're at the top of the standings.
I agree. If they are ever going to succeed there, they need to generate excitement and have a good team. They could be fun to watch during the the second half and in the playoffs.......and they didn’t give up their best prospects.
Can't wait to grind them into dust in the conference final!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:00 pm
That would be lovely!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 pm Suppose the Coyotes make it to the SCF... Can they make skate-able ice in Arizona in June, or will this be the first time the NHL allows snow-shoes instead of skates?
I would think Arizona would actually be better than Florida. Temp may be higher but humidity is the big killer for ice quality and I’m assuming Florida has Arizona beat handily when it comes to humidity.

They'll be out well before that.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 pm

They'll be out well before that.
Pacific is weak but yeah Arizona's centers are weak as fuck.

Beatoni12 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:04 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:32 pm Suppose the Coyotes make it to the SCF... Can they make skate-able ice in Arizona in June, or will this be the first time the NHL allows snow-shoes instead of skates?
I would think Arizona would actually be better than Florida. Temp may be higher but humidity is the big killer for ice quality and I’m assuming Florida has Arizona beat handily when it comes to humidity.
Ice was great in PHX. I was super amazed by how many Canadian ex-pats that were former college and junior players (and a few ex NHLers) that I could play with/against in mens league hockey. It shows with their increased kids hockey programs with having so many people that can actually play the game also teach kids how to play.

There were 10 sheets of ice in PHX metro when I left in 2008, they've built more since then. With ASU now having a D1 team that is also huge (ASU is a big ticket sporting event for the major four sports in PHX).

But back on track here, Ice was great in the summer in PHX. My favorite ice was the oldest rink in town (that still had an ice plant in it). The wonderful cold rinks plus the lack of humidity was good for the ice, even when you would get 110F+.

39hurricane wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:22 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:18 am Sanford, Husso and a conditional 2020 1st rounder. With that said, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dunn involved, We have a ton of guys that can come here and play 3rd line LD minutes and Perunovich isn't far away.
Vince Dunn will be better than Perunovich always. Forever. No question.

Nobody is a bigger fan of Dunn then me but Perunovich’s skill and hockey sense are on a completely different level than Dunn and Perunovich is better skater too and Dunn is a pretty damn good skater.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"