Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Buffalo - 6:30 12/10 -TV:NBCSN Radio:101.1

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:09 pm Petro was perhaps the biggest whipping boy on this forum 12 months ago. 6 and a half months later he scored the game winning goal in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
They all suck, blow it up! Start the next 50 year run. :)

Yep, we've become 'those fans' that we used to make fun of....win a SC and just two/three months into the new season question everything; the coach, the GM, the owner, the players, the prospects, and even our fellow fan....WE SUCK AGAIN!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:18 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:04 am

Sure he has...you can read it at all the forums. Sure be critical all you want but remember you might not be privy to the info as to why he doesn’t look like the same player that he was in Carolina. He was never a defensive stalwart so with that said what are you basing your expectations on? Just remember that info you probably aren’t privy to likely comes into play here. By the way Chief played Faulk 21 mins last night....8 seconds less than Petro.
I think you're completely forgetting the ire that Eric Brewer's name universally drew in this city. He was an absolute lightning rod. Justin Faulk doesn't come anywhere close to that level yet.

Edit: I'm not sure what quoting Faulk's ice time is supposed to mean though? He played the 3rd most minutes of the RH Dmen, which is exactly what he was supposed to do.
It shows that Chief doesn’t have a problem with him. He was 2nd in ice time on the right side last night. 8 seconds behind Petro and almost double Bortuzzo. Chief wasn’t happy with Bortz last night at all.
I think we are having two different conversations. Faulk's ice time doesn't have anything to do with his status reaching Brewer levels amongst Blues fans.

But with regard to his ice time, all it shows to me is Chief is smart. He's not going to play Parayko and Petro 25 minutes a night like it's a playoff game all season. He has to conserve them so someone has to fill those minutes.
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:09 pm Petro was perhaps the biggest whipping boy on this forum 12 months ago. 6 and a half months later he scored the game winning goal in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Yep, we've become 'those fans' that we used to make fun of....win a SC and just two/three months into the new season question everything; the coach, the GM, the owner, the players, the prospects, and even our fellow fan....WE SUCK AGAIN!
Do you ever go back and read the GDTs from this time last year? I was looking at the one from 12/9 when the Blues lost 6-1 and the comments were that the Blues would never win anything with Petro as their captain. It's a fun look back knowing the eventually outcome.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Do you ever go back and read the GDTs from this time last year? I was looking at the one from 12/9 when the Blues lost 6-1 and the comments were that the Blues would never win anything with Petro as their captain. It's a fun look back knowing the eventually outcome.
Oh hell yeah I was not interested in Blues hockey at all this time last year and was ready to blow the team up completely even as a long time Petro and Tarasenko supporter I was ready to deal off both guys for firsts lol. I'm a dummy!

Well we did suck....I’m not even sure the hockey Gods saw that coming last year
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

ratonmono wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Oh hell yeah I was not interested in Blues hockey at all this time last year and was ready to blow the team up completely even as a long time Petro and Tarasenko supporter I was ready to deal off both guys for firsts lol. I'm a dummy!
haha yeah, I didn't mean it in a "wow these guys are stupid" way. Just in a funny FTP way. The team deserved all the criticism they were getting.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:29 pm

haha yeah, I didn't mean it in a "wow these guys are stupid" way. Just in a funny FTP way. The team deserved all the criticism they were getting.
0:00 to 2:10 pretty much sums up where we were at mid season last year

Yep, this was the time last year I cancelled my NHL.TV package for the first time ever...only to resubscribe like two weeks later. But yeah, we did suck overall. Kind of like they do now, except now there is an injury issue, not a 'getting to know you' issue :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:29 pm

0:00 to 2:10 pretty much sums up where we were at mid season last year

i couldn't even make it that far. i want her to stop talking.

i hate the term "whipping boy" - the connotation is that the hate somehow isn't deserved. brewer fucking sucked here. shit player, shit "leader", shit interview, just shitty. but, he has gone on to be a HOF player... oh, right, no he hasn't. he sucks. if you want to say pronger or petro were "whipping boys", fine, i get that. it works there, as they are great players that had some shitty runs. but leave brewer out of that. and the first person to say that i only hated brewer because he wasn't pronger gets my fucking foot in their ass. that is such a cop out. i didn't need brewer to be pronger, i needed him to be a reasonably good player. he wasn't. he earned every ounce of hate. were there some people that were casual observers and were just pissed about the pronger trade? sure. i wasn't one of them. and i know plenty of people on this (or previous incarnations) board who agreed with me, who know plenty about hockey. so fuck right off with that, in advance.

T.C. wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am you guys are fucking mental, or expert level trolls.
Not me...I loved Brewer as a captain and so did his teammates. He never got a fair deal here and the fucked up Blues fans that hated him abused his wife and his kids....pretty fucking sad.
Brewer just happened to be captain of a team that was going through a rebuild.
All you need to know about Brewer is that there was a season opener in Phoenix...maybe 2nd game of the year I don’t remember. One of the Coyotes was taking liberties with a younger player and Brewer skated right over and dropped the gloves. That’s a good freaking captain in my book. He’s taking care of his team and respecting the organization. There is a reason he was loved in that locker room.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am you guys are fucking mental, or expert level trolls.
Not me...I loved Brewer as a captain and so did his teammates. He never got a fair deal here and the fucked up Blues fans that hated him abused his wife and his kids....pretty fucking sad.
Brewer just happened to be captain of a team that was going through a rebuild.
All you need to know about Brewer is that there was a season opener in Phoenix...maybe 2nd game of the year I don’t remember. One of the Coyotes was taking liberties with a younger player and Brewer skated right over and dropped the gloves. That’s a good freaking captain in my book. He’s taking care of his team and respecting the organization. There is a reason he was loved in that locker room.
Even if he had been the worst player in the world, the abuse hurled at his family by some fans, was disgusting.
Agreed. Nobody ever said he was as good as Pronger, but from everything we heard or read, he was really respected by the players. Because of all the flack that came his way, I made it a point to focus on Brewer to try and form my own judgement on his performance. I thought he was a good - not great - defenseman, who played in pain, and stood up for his teammates.