Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Dallas - 7:30 11/29 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1ESPN

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:47 am Well this is unexpected.

Shouldn’t be, Penguins at StL tomorrow night, and Allen may never start a game at Enterprise for the Blues ever again ;)

Plus games Monday and Wednesday night vs Hawks and Pens again so busy schedule. Binnington faces a lot of shots so good time to take a break tonight.

Let’s Go Blues!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:13 pm

Shouldn’t be, Penguins at StL tomorrow night, and Allen may never start a game at Enterprise for the Blues ever again ;)

Plus games Monday and Wednesday night vs Hawks and Pens again so busy schedule. Binnington faces a lot of shots so good time to take a break tonight.

Let’s Go Blues!!!
I'd rather play Binner vs the team you're likely going to be battling to win the division against than an Eastern team though.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:37 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:13 pm

Let’s Go Blues!!!
I'd rather play Binner vs the team you're likely going to be battling to win the division against than an Eastern team though.
It’s a tough call. I’m guessing based on the combination of choices, he feels Binner at home against Pens is the best shot at 2 points.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:42 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:39 pm Allen in for Binner
Pouliot for Gunnar
Walker for Sunny D
If we win this game, Chief better get a thirty year contract.
And if we lose, we bring in Bill Peters as the coach in waiting for Chief starting Allen.
I think they fear that a bad game at home by Allen might put him back in useless mode for the rest of the season.

barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:27 pm
Pouliot for Gunnar
Walker for Sunny D
And if we lose, we bring in Bill Peters as the coach in waiting for Chief starting Allen.
I think they fear that a bad game at home by Allen might put him back in useless mode for the rest of the season.
He sounds like a great backup to have.
Just a Russian propaganda account

barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:27 pm
Pouliot for Gunnar
Walker for Sunny D
I think they are past that point; they already know that the best way to get any points out of Jake is on the road, and his record reflects that over the last calendar year too:
Just looking at this year, his stats vs WC is a lot better than the EC, along with his road totals. The only bad WC game was vs the Wild, and IIRC the whole team stunk it up that night. As Bill mentioned, if you're playing the odds and using stats for part of your decision process, you play Allen tonight and Binner tomorrow to get as many points from the back to back as you can.

PS: The above was not an endorsement of Jake Allen; it's just he is what the Blues have as a backup, so got to root for him and hope we get at least 3/4 points this weekend. :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"