Re: Sundqvist out “a while”

Weird injury when you watch it. But walking boot doesn’t mean ACL, so that’s good. But boot plus “out for a while” means high ankle sprain maybe? Strange.....need to watch that replay again.

On a potentially positive note, assuming everyone is back before the playoffs, we should have a fairly fresh team for the playoffs. After playing into mid-June, we were all worried about the hangover. Well, if we keep having key players get hurt, they should be able to sleep off their hangover before the playoffs!

Really stinks. He was on pace for 25 goals. Just turning out to be a heck of a steal and bargain of a player. He’s proving last year was no fluke. Kyrou has to get a call up and this should accelerate the breaking in phase for Brouwer. His time table for an increased role has just moved up.

39hurricane wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:56 am I know hidsight is 20/20 but Army should have found some way to get a third round pick for Fabs and kept Fat Pat last summer.
Army couldn’t even get a 7th round pick for Fabs.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:57 am
insideout wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:14 am So Sundqvist is IR'd and the next man up is Poganski. Starting to wonder if Kyrou will ever wear a Blues sweater again.
When they need a top 6 winger I'd guess. But also, he had an injury to start this season so I think they are being cautious with him
Problem is - for Kyrou - that Berube appears to favor plugging one of his NHL bottom sixers into the top six over plugging Kyrou into the top six. That's why I wonder whether he's ever going to find a spot in the lineup.

insideout wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:06 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:57 am
insideout wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:14 am So Sundqvist is IR'd and the next man up is Poganski. Starting to wonder if Kyrou will ever wear a Blues sweater again.
When they need a top 6 winger I'd guess. But also, he had an injury to start this season so I think they are being cautious with him
Problem is - for Kyrou - that Berube appears to favor plugging one of his NHL bottom sixers into the top six over plugging Kyrou into the top six. That's why I wonder whether he's ever going to find a spot in the lineup.
As long as Schwartz, Schenn, ROR, Perron stay healthy, there probably is no urgency for another skilled guy up front. Not with the best defense in the league and maybe even the best goalie.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 pm I'll add, Berube clearly has a system and there might be players that just fit it and those that don't. i.e Fabbri didn't fit it. Hard to argue against the system though.
Yeah, on Sirius radio the other day, I think it was the Power play show. They were saying the Blues are built for April 15th and beyond. They were saying maybe the league needs to take notice that what the Blues have is worth copying. Easier said than done but they were very complimentary of the Blues, saying this is the model to emulate.

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:57 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 pm I'll add, Berube clearly has a system and there might be players that just fit it and those that don't. i.e Fabbri didn't fit it. Hard to argue against the system though.
Yeah, on Sirius radio the other day, I think it was the Power play show. They were saying the Blues are built for April 15th and beyond. They were saying maybe the league needs to take notice that what the Blues have is worth copying. Easier said than done but they were very complimentary of the Blues, saying this is the model to emulate.
The thing is, it's more than just the system. How many teams over the years tried to copy Stanley Cup winning teams, and failed? Our system is great, but if you replace Chief with Coach A, B, or C, I'm betting you don't get the same success. Whatever system you have, the players have to believe in it, and give a strong effort on a consistent basis. Berube has the knack of getting the commitment needed from his players to overcome whatever hurdles they run across.
At least that's the way I see it.

barnburner wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:52 pm
The thing is, it's more than just the system. How many teams over the years tried to copy Stanley Cup winning teams, and failed? Our system is great, but if you replace Chief with Coach A, B, or C, I'm betting you don't get the same success. Whatever system you have, the players have to believe in it, and give a strong effort on a consistent basis. Berube has the knack of getting the commitment needed from his players to overcome whatever hurdles they run across.
You basically said, "teams need to buy in" and if you had, Hitch would've shown up on your doorstep and hugged you.
Just a Russian propaganda account

barnburner wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:52 pm
I agree. The killer B’s made a difference. Berube and Binner. Bottom line is, you do need grit to complement the skill you have, but you need everything else as well. A top notch D, a great goaltender, a great Center, an elite goal scorer, depth, a great coach. You have to have everything and I’ll be darn Army hit the jackpot 😀