McDonald-Stastny-Reaves
Stewart, Brodziak

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Parayko-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Polak
Gunnarsson

Binnington
Elliott

Love Reaves making this team. Looking at Stastny’s overall stats, didn’t realize quite how underwhelming he was for us. I’d like to put someone over Berglund, but just like our current team, our all-decade team is short on good LWs.

https://theathletic.com/1353649/2019/11 ... ed-article

Re: The Athletic/JR’s All-decade Blues team

barnburner wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:44 am
Matangama wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:30 am Stewart? Why? One of the most frustrating and disappointing players to ever wear the Blues uniform.
Agreed. At his best, sure. But we only saw that Stewart about 2% of the time. Lack of effort was disgusting.
Barnburner, I was always convinced that Stewie smoked a couple of doobies between periods. He sure played like he did. I think he was just ahead of his time and knew it would be legalized eventually!

Re: The Athletic/JR’s All-decade Blues team

Matangama wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:52 am
barnburner wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:44 am
Matangama wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:30 am Stewart? Why? One of the most frustrating and disappointing players to ever wear the Blues uniform.
Agreed. At his best, sure. But we only saw that Stewart about 2% of the time. Lack of effort was disgusting.
Barnburner, I was always convinced that Stewie smoked a couple of doobies between periods. He sure played like he did. I think he was just ahead of his time and knew it would be legalized eventually!
Sure seemed that way. Based on the way he killed us when he played for the Avs, I was beside myself with joy when that trade was made. Then I read an article where one of the Avs players said that Stewie would be a Captain some day.
What a miserable letdown he turned out to be.

On the other hand, the St. Louis Thanksgiving parade is dull. Need the Blues players out there passing out beer! 😃