Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Nashville - 7:00 11/25 - TV:FSMO/ESPN+ Radio:101.1espn

barnburner wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:02 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:24 pm

I hate this "New Country shit more than anyone. But whenever I've been on the strip in Nashville, almost all of the performers make it clear to customers that if they want to hear stuff from Taylor Swift, Luke (Gag) Bryan, or Georgia Fuck Line, they need to go elsewhere, because they only do country music.
So they've totally forgotten about Western, the OTHER kind of music?
Actually mainline country and Bob Wills, Patsy Montana, Western music merged a long time ago. See Waylon Jennings and George Strait.
So the "Good Ol' Blues Brothers Boys" only need to know how to improvise one kind of music now? :-)

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Nashville - 7:00 11/25 - TV:FSMO/ESPN+ Radio:101.1espn

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:52 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:02 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm

So they've totally forgotten about Western, the OTHER kind of music?
Actually mainline country and Bob Wills, Patsy Montana, Western music merged a long time ago. See Waylon Jennings and George Strait.
So the "Good Ol' Blues Brothers Boys" only need to know how to improvise one kind of music now? :-)
When it comes to improvising music, there are no boundaries.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:59 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:54 am

The fans are obnoxious. They act like its a goddamn playoff game and not a matchup in November of the regular season.
How dare those fans create an exciting atmosphere for a game against a rival!
Exciting atmosphere is one thing. They're just so over the top. The whole chanting routine after every goal. Its obnoxious in my opinion.

I'm sure other fanbases feel the same way about the towel man. All about perspective I suppose
It cracks me up that they scammed the chant off of the Coyotes who got it from hockey at the University of Northern Arizona (had a D1 team that won a title in the 1980s whose best player was Greg Adams. D1 team disbanded in 1993).

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:40 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:59 amExciting atmosphere is one thing. They're just so over the top. The whole chanting routine after every goal. Its obnoxious in my opinion. ...
It cracks me up that they scammed the chant off of the Coyotes who got it from hockey at the University of Northern Arizona (had a D1 team that won a title in the 1980s whose best player was Greg Adams. D1 team disbanded in 1993).
More likely the Cellblock 303 guys @ Bridgestone adopted that routine closer to home. The "It's all your fault!" chant to taunt opposing team goalies has been a staple in minor pro & college hockey arenas across the Midwest (and beyond) for many years. It was a novelty the first time I heard it, slightly amusing the next couple of times, and since then it just been stale & predictable. It's taken on the lame annoyance of the Ameren UE power play dance. But if it's what gets Predators fans cheering for their team on a regular basis, let 'em have their group fun.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:40 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:59 amExciting atmosphere is one thing. They're just so over the top. The whole chanting routine after every goal. Its obnoxious in my opinion. ...
More likely the Cellblock 303 guys @ Bridgestone adopted that routine closer to home. The "It's all your fault!" chant to taunt opposing team goalies has been a staple in minor pro & college hockey arenas across the Midwest (and beyond) for many years. It was a novelty the first time I heard it, slightly amusing the next couple of times, and since then it just been stale & predictable. It's taken on the lame annoyance of the Ameren UE power play dance. But if it's what gets Predators fans cheering for their team on a regular basis, let 'em have their group fun.
AHA, yeah the first time I heard it I was being chanted at in an exhibition game in Flagstaff AZ in the mid 1990s. lol