Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Nashville - 7:00 11/25 - TV:FSMO/ESPN+ Radio:101.1espn

The Blues were on their heels the ENTIRE OT, with almost NO possession time in The O-Zone. And now they face the shoot out with ALLEN in goal.

But Perron SCORES!!!!

Allen makes the save, and O'Reilly hits the POST!!!

Allen makes another save!

Allen allows a goal by Forsberg, and Carr. Blues lose yet again. BOOOOOO!!!! Why do The Blues always help out teams on long losing streaks? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Robb_K on Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Nashville - 7:00 11/25 - TV:FSMO/ESPN+ Radio:101.1espn

39hurricane wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:56 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:53 pmAllen allows a goal by Forsberg, and Carr. Blues lose yet again. BOOOOOO!!!! Why do The Blues always help out teams on long losing streaks?
1st in the Central.
Yes, but with Tarasenko and Blais out for so very long, they can't affordvtobtake teams lightly and come out with less points than they should get.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:00 pm
Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:53 pmAllen allows a goal by Forsberg, and Carr. Blues lose yet again. BOOOOOO!!!! Why do The Blues always help out teams on long losing streaks?
1st in the Central.
Yes, but with Tarasenko and Blais out for so very long, they can't affordvtobtake teams lightly and come out with less points than they should get.
These guys just smoked the Flames and beat the Lightning. I'll take it. Injuries happen. We play on. Like I said, Chief will tinker with the lineup. Barbs back down to the 4th. Somebody else in Blais' spot. Binner back in next game.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:00 pm
1st in the Central.
True. Blues only 7 points up on 2nd WC Sharks. Guess we can’t take anything for granted. A losing streak could really hurt.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 pm Since the Blues still have Brouwer do the Blues now have something to show for the Oshie trade again?
Oshie will never be replaced; winning the Cup has only started to heal the scars left when DA traded away mr shootout with the dreamy hair and rosy cheeks...our hockey hero!
he truly was our punky meadows.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:48 pm God I hate the Preds
me too; and I'm not sure if it is just a difference in the TV audio, but that place sounds loud as fuck. Like honestly, I hate them, but they do have loud and obnoxious fans....I wish our fans at Enterprise could be that loud during game-play (without being prompted by a song, or 'let's get loud' prompt etc). Maybe they are, but you sure can hear the difference in the broadcast audio.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:03 am
me too; and I'm not sure if it is just a difference in the TV audio, but that place sounds loud as fuck. Like honestly, I hate them, but they do have loud and obnoxious fans....I wish our fans at Enterprise could be that loud during game-play (without being prompted by a song, or 'let's get loud' prompt etc). Maybe they are, but you sure can hear the difference in the broadcast audio.
That arena and accoustics have a lot to do with it.
They have great fans though....props to them...they love their team. As a fan, that’s all you really want to see.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

The fans are obnoxious. They act like its a goddamn playoff game and not a matchup in November of the regular season.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:54 am
The fans are obnoxious. They act like its a goddamn playoff game and not a matchup in November of the regular season.
lol, true...and the players act like that too, you'd think they would have another banner to raise after the way the players reacted after the shootout win last night ;)

But I also feel like Tim said, that it is great to see such passion for their team, even though they've never won a Cup. I hope our fan base doesn't get too snooty and think a November game cannot be just as exciting as a playoff game. Because if you don't win and establish those expectations throughout the whole season, more than likely we won't see success in the playoffs. Like to hear it or not, but last season was a true 'miracle on ice'...or a fluke depending on who you ask. While we can have no expectations and feel good about last season's success, I WANT MORE CUPS! And I want to hear our building soooooooooo loud that other fans notice too, even on a Monday night in November. /
"Do Only Good Everyday"

How dare those fans create an exciting atmosphere for a game against a rival!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am

Exciting atmosphere is one thing. They're just so over the top. The whole chanting routine after every goal. Its obnoxious in my opinion.

I'm sure other fanbases feel the same way about the towel man. All about perspective I suppose

T.C. wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:44 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 pm Since the Blues still have Brouwer do the Blues now have something to show for the Oshie trade again?
Oshie will never be replaced; winning the Cup has only started to heal the scars left when DA traded away mr shootout with the dreamy hair and rosy cheeks...our hockey hero!
he truly was our punky meadows.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:59 am

Exciting atmosphere is one thing. They're just so over the top. The whole chanting routine after every goal. Its obnoxious in my opinion.

I'm sure other fanbases feel the same way about the towel man. All about perspective I suppose
I don't hate the fans for their enthusiasm, but I really hate everything about the Preds.
I'm going to get deep with y'all here (pun intended): I think my hatred for them stems from my hatred of new country music. I know that is a huge stretch, but this new country is so awful (JMO of course) yet so big. The country stars are disgustingly cocky and have monthly award shows just to jerk each other off for making the exact same song over and over. I just personally absolutely despise it.
Take that further to the town of Nashville. In your face about country music and their bar scene , blah, blah, blah. I've been there. Their music history is deep, but their current music is brutal and their bar district just isn't my scene. It just seemed like 1,000 country music themed bars packed into one area.
Now take that even further to the Preds. They just feel like an extension of this cocky, in your face, county music loving, barf-fest that I have personally grown to dislike.
Good for them for loving their town and their team I guess... but if St. Louis was churning out that kind of country music, I would be ashamed :lol:
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 am

I don't hate the fans for their enthusiasm, but I really hate everything about the Preds.
I'm going to get deep with y'all here (pun intended): I think my hatred for them stems from my hatred of new country music. I know that is a huge stretch, but this new country is so awful (JMO of course) yet so big. The country stars are disgustingly cocky and have monthly award shows just to jerk each other off for making the exact same song over and over. I just personally absolutely despise it.
Take that further to the town of Nashville. In your face about country music and their bar scene , blah, blah, blah. I've been there. Their music history is deep, but their current music is brutal and their bar district just isn't my scene. It just seemed like 1,000 country music themed bars packed into one area.
Now take that even further to the Preds. They just feel like an extension of this cocky, in your face, county music loving, barf-fest that I have personally grown to dislike.
Good for them for loving their town and their team I guess... but if St. Louis was churning out that kind of country music, I would be ashamed :lol:
I hate this "New Country shit more than anyone. But whenever I've been on the strip in Nashville, almost all of the performers make it clear to customers that if they want to hear stuff from Taylor Swift, Luke (Gag) Bryan, or Georgia Fuck Line, they need to go elsewhere, because they only do country music.

Back on the subject of hockey, maybe I'm the exception, but my experience with Nashville sports fans has been positive.
Last edited by barnburner on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barnburner wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:24 pm

I hate this "New Country shit more than anyone. But whenever I've been on the strip in Nashville, almost all of the performers make it clear to customers that if they want to hear stuff from Taylor Swift, Luke (Gag) Bryan, or Georgia Fuck Line, they need to go elsewhere, because they only do country music.
So they've totally forgotten about Western, the OTHER kind of music?

MattyIce wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:02 am I don't hate the fans for their enthusiasm, but I really hate everything about the Preds.
This brings me to a funny story about one of the times I was in Nashville. I was there for a bachelor party, and me nor any of my friends were country music fans. I don't know what it was, and to be honest I was drunk out of my mind a good percentage of the time, but we heard close to no country music the entire time we were there. Not sure if we hit the bars at the right times or what, but we saw several live bands at bars that were playing classic rock type stuff. We were pleasantly surprised.

Naturally, we ended up in the middle of the night at this strip club, and it was BYOB. That was pretty wild. They even had a free shuttle that would take you to a gas station to pick up booze for yourself.

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:24 pm

So they've totally forgotten about Western, the OTHER kind of music?
Actually mainline country and Bob Wills, Patsy Montana, Western music merged a long time ago. See Waylon Jennings and George Strait.