Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Columbus - 6:00 11/15 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1espn

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:56 pm
Cotton McKnight wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:33 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:29 pm Is it too soon to judge who won the Schenn trade ?
I think we need to wait at least a decade...
Yeah too early to judge. He's won some team hardware with a SC, but has he really been a factor for the Blues? Where's the individual awards? Lehtera has had more international news headlines. Only history will be able to judge.
Maybe when Schenn starts getting those DUI's or assault charges, then we win.

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:59 pm The Blues would be almost undefeated this season if they'd stop making stupid mistakes. Looked like Berube was pissed at someone for that too many men penalty.
He ought to be. that's about as careless as one can be. Giving up a totally unprovoked penalty 100% under your team's control is pretty much "throwing the game away". That's just about as unforgivable as an action can be in hockey.

Well, at least backes isn't here anymore to talk about 'taking the foot off of the gas peddle' anymore...

Seriously, I love exciting hockey, and am glad the Blues are still on top of the WC, but they DO need to finish out games. THIS issue seems to be their hangover: They know they are hard to play against and when the Blues are on their game, they are almost impossible to beat. However, they need to remember that unless they play their game for 90% of the time, the mistakes they make will come back to hurt them and cost them points. The league is too close in talent to be taking dumb penalties, making dumb blind passes, and trying too many individual skill plays. Just play your game boys and it will be all good!

Let's see what changes Berube makes tonight, I would bet Bobby B and Kostin both enter the lineup tonight. Not sure who they replace, but Berube will make some lineup changes.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:58 am Well, at least backes isn't here anymore to talk about 'taking the foot off of the gas peddle' anymore...

Seriously, I love exciting hockey, and am glad the Blues are still on top of the WC, but they DO need to finish out games. THIS issue seems to be their hangover: They know they are hard to play against and when the Blues are on their game, they are almost impossible to beat. However, they need to remember that unless they play their game for 90% of the time, the mistakes they make will come back to hurt them and cost them points. The league is too close in talent to be taking dumb penalties, making dumb blind passes, and trying too many individual skill plays. Just play your game boys and it will be all good!

Let's see what changes Berube makes tonight, I would bet Bobby B and Kostin both enter the lineup tonight. Not sure who they replace, but Berube will make some lineup changes.
A few months back I looked up their goal differential numbers per period during the post season and the stats overwhelmingly showed that they got stronger as games went on. Their third-period goal differential was ridiculous. Obviously, the eye test also showed that they took over and dominated late in games (and series). To me that was the biggest difference (along with getting the goaltending they needed) between last year's team and past year's teams.

But, the good news is the team and the coach have shown the ability fix problems. I'm not sure, but I think they may have had a few issues last year in November as well. Importantly, they are racking up points right now.