Re: Kostin called up

If I recall correctly from the preseason, his biggest flaw was taking bad penalties. I'm not talking retaliation penalties, but rather stick penalties from being out of position or outworked without the puck. He's got 10 PIM in 14 games in San Antonio, but I have no idea what kind of penalties those were. If he works without the puck and stays out of the box (unless its for asserting himself/sticking up for teammates), he might be here for a long time. I just can't wait to see that shot of his again.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I don’t care if he takes penalties as long as he’s doing something! Get your name in that box score ...let them know you’re there.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:31 am If I recall correctly from the preseason, his biggest flaw was taking bad penalties. I'm not talking retaliation penalties, but rather stick penalties from being out of position or outworked without the puck. He's got 10 PIM in 14 games in San Antonio, but I have no idea what kind of penalties those were. If he works without the puck and stays out of the box (unless its for asserting himself/sticking up for teammates), he might be here for a long time. I just can't wait to see that shot of his again.
Put him and Perron on the same line. Refs won't call a penalty on both of them so one will cancel the other out.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:34 am I don’t care if he takes penalties as long as he’s doing something! Get your name in that box score ...let them know you’re there.
I don't mind if he's in the box for running guys once in a while, but I think Berube will be pretty pissed if he keeps putting the team on the PK becuase he's tripping guys repeatedly because he's not in the right spot.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:03 am
barnburner wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 am Please let him replace Sanford
I gotta think he's taking De La Rose's spot for now. If he performs well they'll see more ice and maybe he gets some PP time.
That would really surprise me. De La Rose is imo, better than Kostin in the 3d line role. I would think Kostin is being brought up in an effort to improve the scoring. Sanford is maddening in his unpredictable on and off spells.

I would imagine hes gonna replace Sanford until they decide what they are doing with Brouwer and McGinn. De La Rose probably goes to the press box as an extra forward in the next two weeks depending on the above.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:57 am Sounds like he might just be coming up to watch a couple games and earn a couple NHL paychecks.

That would be lame.
I don't think he'll be watching, but this smells like an insurance policy in the event Blais gets suspended. If he does, he'll go in for Blais. If he doesn't, I think they'll put him in for Sanford one night and JDLR the other and re-evaluate after the weekend. Excited to see what he can do.

I also this this might be the start of something I was anticipating a while ago, that being the STL-SA shuttle with Kyrou and Kostin swapping spots to get some NHL time in. If one of them takes the opportunity and runs with it, great, keep them around for the rest of the year. If not, keep both of them fresh and hungry.