Re: Kostin called up

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:34 am I don’t care if he takes penalties as long as he’s doing something! Get your name in that box score ...let them know you’re there.
I don't mind if he's in the box for running guys once in a while, but I think Berube will be pretty pissed if he keeps putting the team on the PK becuase he's tripping guys repeatedly because he's not in the right spot.
And as of recently...our PK hasnt been so hot, so getting penalties "to get noticed" would be a HUGE detriment to the team.

Just play and if he goes unnoticeable, then he is good enough to stay/learn/play
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:33 am He's not playing.
De La Rosa...McGinn...Brouwer...oh my...I wonder if Army is gathering pieces for a move.
I don’t think so. We don’t need anything ....Kreider would be a nice addition though.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

De La Rosa...McGinn...Brouwer...oh my...I wonder if Army is gathering pieces for a move.
I don't think so, but I'd never rule it out with Armstrong. So many of his trades go down without any smoke preceding it. Still, I think it's a bit early for that given the team's spot atop the standings. This might seem odd given that the Blues have banked 15 of the last 16 possible points, but I'd welcome a trade. They've been suppressing offense fairly well, but haven't been creating any at 5 on 5. Last year they got by with an inconsistent power play because they dominated the 5 on 5 play. Binnington has been saving their bacon too much for comfort this year. Still, it's nice to have a bucket of points in games where you're playing just "pretty good" not great.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:59 am
I don't think so, but I'd never rule it out with Armstrong. So many of his trades go down without any smoke preceding it. Still, I think it's a bit early for that given the team's spot atop the standings. This might seem odd given that the Blues have banked 15 of the last 16 possible points, but I'd welcome a trade. They've been suppressing offense fairly well, but haven't been creating any at 5 on 5. Last year they got by with an inconsistent power play because they dominated the 5 on 5 play. Binnington has been saving their bacon too much for comfort this year. Still, it's nice to have a bucket of points in games where you're playing just "pretty good" not great.
For more offense don't forget about Kyrou. He'll be up soon, imo. Has played 4 ahl games with 4 points so far since returning.

39hurricane wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:46 pm Was he just brought up to be a body on the Brouwer McGinn practice line???

Ouch.
He's injury insurance for Saturday's game. Probably doesn't hurt to get a look at him right next to two guys on tryouts. I don't root for injuries, but if some forward gets a minor boo-boo at the end of a win tonight, that'd make for a more interesting lineup tomorrow.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Matangama wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:59 am I think Kostin plays tonight. Lord knows a few of the fringe guys earned a seat in the press box tonight. I’d stick him in Sanford’s spot and see what happens.
Sanford actually had a good game overall last night. But not sure who else you take out for Kostin; Thomas (maybe he was just in the line of fire, but when they showed Berube all hot last night after the TMM penalty in OT, he was looking right at Thomas)? MacMac (who had a huge goal last night so probably not); SunnyD (important on PK); Barbashev (possible...he ain't missed a game in a long time and also big on PK, but not sure how much he has done lately); JDLR (the new kids is a good candidate, and it might be a good chance for him to watch the play and see some things from the box).

Yeah, probably JDLR comes out, along with either Dunn or Gunner for Robert B to get a game in also.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:06 am
Matangama wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:59 am I think Kostin plays tonight. Lord knows a few of the fringe guys earned a seat in the press box tonight. I’d stick him in Sanford’s spot and see what happens.
Sanford actually had a good game overall last night. But not sure who else you take out for Kostin; Thomas (maybe he was just in the line of fire, but when they showed Berube all hot last night after the TMM penalty in OT, he was looking right at Thomas)? MacMac (who had a huge goal last night so probably not); SunnyD (important on PK); Barbashev (possible...he ain't missed a game in a long time and also big on PK, but not sure how much he has done lately); JDLR (the new kids is a good candidate, and it might be a good chance for him to watch the play and see some things from the box).

Yeah, probably JDLR comes out, along with either Dunn or Gunner for Robert B to get a game in also.
That TMM penalty was all on Schwartz. Still not sure why Berube was giving Thomas an earful
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"