Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Coyotes - 7pm 11/12 - TV:FSMO Radio:101.1espn

Robb_K wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 pm Very disappointing The blues should have won in regulation, and they should have won in OT.

Also it's not reassuring to see Binnington get beat on the first 2 shootout shots.

Maybe Brouwer will play like a superstar, and send The Blues on another long win streak. :|
You are correct, they should have won in regulation. They were the better team and outplayed them. Guys gotta step up and become finishers without their best finisher(Tarasenko)

Great job by the Yotes to hang around and be the better team at shootouts.
Just a Russian propaganda account

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 am Only two games in, but thus far De La Rose looks like a nothing player to me...no composure on the puck.

Faulk has to be having the worst start to a season he’s ever had. If he keeps playing like this that contract is going to look bad
Actually, I was impressed with the way he played last night. Maybe the glare from the snow was getting in my eyes. 😀

barnburner wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:02 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:02 am Only two games in, but thus far De La Rose looks like a nothing player to me...no composure on the puck.

Faulk has to be having the worst start to a season he’s ever had. If he keeps playing like this that contract is going to look bad
Actually, I was impressed with the way he played last night. Maybe the glare from the snow was getting in my eyes. 😀
I thought so too... he isn't getting points, but I thought he looked good out there
KA-KAW!

Robb_K wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 pm Very disappointing The blues should have won in regulation, and they should have won in OT.

Also it's not reassuring to see Binnington get beat on the first 2 shootout shots.

Maybe Brouwer will play like a superstar, and send The Blues on another long win streak. :|
Hope you like your Brouwer Chowder when you have to eat it ;)

Be patient, give it a chance, and you'll see how important he ends up being for this years team.

BillP. wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:16 am

Be patient, give it a chance, and you'll see how important he ends up being for this years team.
Because you keep hyping him up, I'm kind of curious what are your actual expectations for him?
Just a Russian propaganda account

BTW, I love the reaction to us losing a game, in a SO. You'd think we had missed the playoffs due to this game by some fan's reactions.

The Blues didn't play their best game for sure, but they showed as in other games that when they play their game, they dominate. But they also showed that the league is so tight skill wise that if you make mistakes, the opposing team will make you pay, and you may lose. The Blues are still first in the WC. The Avs (24), Oilers (26), and last nights opponents the Coyotes (24) are right behind them, so yes every point matters, but they are still in First in the WC, and only two points behind the Caps for first overall (30 points vs 28 for the Blues). Only the Caps and Islanders have a better last 10 game performance than the Blues. Not bad for a team that many said was a 'fluke' or that would have serious Cup hangover. We are almost to the quarter point of the season, and I love this team. IF they don't repeat or at least make it to the WCF, I'll be disappointed, but for now, they are doing what they need to do and winning.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:43 am Faulk was very good last night. He was engaged from the start. I don’t have any issues with his game. His scoring will come.
I thought he looked much, much better last night. I agree.....aggressive and engaged. I’m already bored with people bitching about him, which is why I’m avoiding the cesspool forum. Glad there are others in this forum that saw the same thing I did last night.

Oh, and I thought the penalty in the 3rd period that led to the tying goal was a fucking joke.

He's at least faster than I imagined, but so was Nail.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Faulk also doesn’t have to be a difference maker for us this season. He’s had to make adjustments to his game. He will be a better overall player because of it down the road.
Depending on what happens with Petro ...that’s when the management will require more out of him. Right now...just fit in, learn how we do things here and just take it from there.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MattyIce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 am
barnburner wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:02 am

I thought so too... he isn't getting points, but I thought he looked good out there
Glad it wasn't just me. 😀. He played physical, went to the net, and came back hard in his own end. To me, he's a more effective fit for Berube's Stanley Cup winning Blues than Fabbri was going to be. No knock on Fabbri, there just wasn't a place for him here. I think De La Rose will get even better as he gets more comfortable with the team around him.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:41 am Faulk also doesn’t have to be a difference maker for us this season. He’s had to make adjustments to his game. He will be a better overall player because of it down the road.
Depending on what happens with Petro ...that’s when the management will require more out of him. Right now...just fit in, learn how we do things here and just take it from there.
Agree. Having spent his career with one team, Faulk is wisely focusing on learning how he can best fit in here. He has the skills. Will he be a #1 here? Probably not, but I think he will be a valuable part of this defense corps.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:44 am I’ll probably get some flack for saying this but I think Berglund would be a great fit for this team.
Can we bring back Oshie and Backes too then ;)

JK, not sure how well he'd fit, but I think TB or JM would be a better fit, without the baggage, and I'm excited to see what KK does over his call up time...hopefully he makes it permanent and we don't even need to sign Brower or McGinn.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:57 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:44 am I’ll probably get some flack for saying this but I think Berglund would be a great fit for this team.
Can we bring back Oshie and Backes too then ;)

JK, not sure how well he'd fit, but I think TB or JM would be a better fit, without the baggage, and I'm excited to see what KK does over his call up time...hopefully he makes it permanent and we don't even need to sign Brower or McGinn.
Possession player in the bottom 6 working in the corners. Still more skill than most of our bottom 6. I think he could fill role on this team very well.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:21 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:16 am

Because you keep hyping him up, I'm kind of curious what are your actual expectations for him?

Let's say he plays 60 games. I expect him to play on the 3rd line with Bozak, 14-15 minutes per game TOI. 12-15 goals, 10 assists, and 150 hits.
And in the Post-Season, I expect him to amp it up. Say the Blues make the Conference Finals this year. 20 games, 6 goals, 1 assist, 80 hits.

I'll eat my Brouwer Chowder if he fails here, but I expect him to play well.