Re: Troy Brouwer is back

Love Brouwer's attitude. This guy is going to be great for us.

"I feel like there's a lot of people that are here that know the player that I am," Brouwer said. "I won't even say the player that I was, the player that I am. I didn't have the greatest years in Calgary but I still feel like I'm a phenomenal player and I had a good season last year and I'm just looking to prove that again right now."

Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am I would like to hope he could help. He does have a good shot, and he plays a physical game. But you've got to be able to catch your opponent to hit him. How old is Brouwer now? He's probably slow as mud. How would he be able to keep up with his linemates and opponents while trying to play defence and forecheck in Berube's 200 foot system? I think he'd be a weak link, and drag down his line.
34yrs old for anyone curious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Brouwer
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BillP. wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:37 pm Love Brouwer's attitude. This guy is going to be great for us.

"I feel like there's a lot of people that are here that know the player that I am," Brouwer said. "I won't even say the player that I was, the player that I am. I didn't have the greatest years in Calgary but I still feel like I'm a phenomenal player and I had a good season last year and I'm just looking to prove that again right now."
Who calls themselves phenomenal?

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:45 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:37 pm Love Brouwer's attitude. This guy is going to be great for us.

Jim Rome
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Jim Rome
"People are saying Troy Brouwer is not phenomenal. Troy Brouwer is phenomenal. Troy Brouwer is undeniable. Troy Brouwer is immutable."

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:11 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Jim Rome
"People are saying Troy Brouwer is not phenomenal. Troy Brouwer is phenomenal. Troy Brouwer is undeniable. Troy Brouwer is immutable."
"Steven Jackson don't need no offensive line!"
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Thanks.
My guess is that, Blues' evaluators must have determined that McGinn hasn't recovered enough from his back problems to play at a decent overall level, especially necessary for Berube's 200 ft. system. They have 2 more days to see if they get any new injuries to forwards in their Thursday game, AND to watch Kostin's and Kyrou's progress, to decide if they'd rather play both of them on their NHL roster, than keep one or both of them down with The Rampage, playing 18-20 minutes a game, instead of 10-13, and signing Brouwer. They are also watching Steen's progress, to see if he might return a little sooner (which isn't so far away now). I would guess they're still on the fence about Brouwer, depending upon all those factors I mentioned above. I wouldn't bet either way, right now. My guess is that it's about a 50-50 chance depending on what transpires during the next 2 days.

We just won the Cup playing heavy gritty hockey... Brouwer fits that mold better than Sanford and DLR. Brouwer also had 177 hits last year. People wanted to keep Maroon, yet Brouwer had 42 more hits and 2 more goals in about the same amount of games played last year.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm We just won the Cup playing heavy gritty hockey... Brouwer fits that mold better than Sanford and DLR. Brouwer also had 177 hits last year. People wanted to keep Maroon, yet Brouwer had 42 more hits and 2 more goals in about the same amount of games played last year.
He fits the style, but the Maroon comparison isn't kind to Brouwer if you look deeper. He had a lot more opportunities to hit opponents because his team had the puck so much less frequently when he was out there. Meanwhile Maroon was a possession monster last year. If they want a big body on the 4th line that's good in the locker room, I'm all for Brouwer, but to expect anything else is a big mistake in my opinion.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm We just won the Cup playing heavy gritty hockey... Brouwer fits that mold better than Sanford and DLR. Brouwer also had 177 hits last year. People wanted to keep Maroon, yet Brouwer had 42 more hits and 2 more goals in about the same amount of games played last year.
Sorry, I'm not a Brouwer fan, at all. Outside of his GWG vs the hawks he was never all that special in his time here IMO. Good riddance and personally hope DA doesn't sign him...that's my take as a Brouwer hater :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Yep. This is not a speed finesse team. Chief is only going to allow a certain amount of ice time to those type players, because this team wins on defense, and wearing down the other team.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm
He fits the style, but the Maroon comparison isn't kind to Brouwer if you look deeper. He had a lot more opportunities to hit opponents because his team had the puck so much less frequently when he was out there. Meanwhile Maroon was a possession monster last year. If they want a big body on the 4th line that's good in the locker room, I'm all for Brouwer, but to expect anything else is a big mistake in my opinion.
I'm sure you are right. I'm not big into possession metrics, so I will have to yield to you on that. I do wonder how much of the possession metrics get swayed by line mates and team systems, etc. All I know is that the Blues have some holes in that lineup right now, and I would feel much better if Brouwer filled one of the spots other than DLR or Sanford. Plus we have seen him be a beast in the playoffs.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm
I'm sure you are right. I'm not big into possession metrics, so I will have to yield to you on that. I do wonder how much of the possession metrics get swayed by line mates and team systems, etc. All I know is that the Blues have some holes in that lineup right now, and I would feel much better if Brouwer filled one of the spots other than DLR or Sanford. Plus we have seen him be a beast in the playoffs.
I think plugging Brouwer in on the 4th line lets you get more creative with how Barbashev and SunnyD are used if you want to, and that seems like a good role for him right now. We'll see what happens, I think the there are some interesting things you could do with the lineup either way, but another experienced body in the mix is fine by me if he's looked good over the last 10 days.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!