Re: Troy Brouwer is back

MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 am Can Army free up some cap and sign Vanek for 700K? If he’s still in the market to find a team, he would be the most cost effective purchase without yielding an asset.
I was literally going to put Vanek out there today. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they can pretty much do anything right now with Tank on LTIR. His money is now freed up.
I really hope they stick with Thomas up there. Give him a few weeks to try and gel with those guys. His talent is evident every time he is on the ice. He might flourish with some guys that know how to bury the puck.
I know this won't be popular, but Brouwer would be cheap. Adding him as a 3rd/4th liner would allow another guy (like Thomas) to move up into Tank's spot. I would love to see him in a Berube system.
Doug read my post in the Tarasenko thread! :lol:
KA-KAW!

Awesome news!!!! I've been in Brouwer's corner to come back for a while now. I thought Doug might give him a chance. It's part of his profile, tends to be partial to players he's had successful dealings with in the past. I'm very happy with this move. Berube will love Brouwer. The guy is a leader and he kicks ass. He'll be awesome on this team. The guy had 177 hits last year and 12 goals as a 4th line role player for Florida last year. I saw a few games with Troy and he can still bury the puck. Still has a great wrist shot, knows how to score. So fuck'n huge. I'm pumped as heck with this move in bringing him back. Way to go Doug!!!!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 am Awesome news!!!! I've been in Brouwer's corner to come back for a while now. I thought Doug might give him a chance. It's part of his profile, tends to be partial to players he's had successful dealings with in the past. I'm very happy with this move. Berube will love Brouwer. The guy is a leader and he kicks ass. He'll be awesome on this team. The guy had 177 hits last year and 12 goals as a 4th line role player for Florida last year. I saw a few games with Troy and he can still bury the puck. Still has a great wrist shot, knows how to score. So fuck'n huge. I'm pumped as heck with this move in bringing him back. Way to go Doug!!!!!!!!
I would like to hope he could help. He does have a good shot, and he plays a physical game. But you've got to be able to catch your opponent to hit him. How old is Brouwer now? He's probably slow as mud. How would he be able to keep up with his linemates and opponents while trying to play defence and forecheck in Berube's 200 foot system? I think he'd be a weak link, and drag down his line.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 am Awesome news!!!! I've been in Brouwer's corner to come back for a while now. I thought Doug might give him a chance. It's part of his profile, tends to be partial to players he's had successful dealings with in the past. I'm very happy with this move. Berube will love Brouwer. The guy is a leader and he kicks ass. He'll be awesome on this team. The guy had 177 hits last year and 12 goals as a 4th line role player for Florida last year. I saw a few games with Troy and he can still bury the puck. Still has a great wrist shot, knows how to score. So fuck'n huge. I'm pumped as heck with this move in bringing him back. Way to go Doug!!!!!!!!
I would like to hope he could help. He does have a good shot, and he plays a physical game. But you've got to be able to catch your opponent to hit him. How old is Brouwer now? He's probably slow as mud. How would he be able to keep up with his linemates and opponents while trying to play defence and forecheck in Berube's 200 foot system? I think he'd be a weak link, and drag down his line.
The speed talk is so over blown. For goodness sakes Rob we just won the Cup without being a speed and finesse team. The Blues are about staying tight, taking up space in the neutral zone and doing the chip and charge where it's about getting pucks in deep and laying hits on the opposition. How did Maroon fair and he's slower than Brouwer. Like Sanford is really pushing the pace up and down the ice. Troy Brouwer will be a huge addition to this team and at a cheap price at that.

In DA and Berube I trust....but damn, I sure would have loved to see Kostin come up. But Army has made the reference they want both he and Kyrou to get more top 6 minutes in SA and really SHOW they deserve to come up this season based on their performance now.

I do worry as Robb mentioned about the wheels left for TB or even JM. We'll see how they do at practice over the next few days. If nothing else, we have Bobby B if someone else goes down, as we know Berube ain't scared to run 11/7.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

The Brouwer goal against the Hawks is easily one of my favorite pre-2019 Blues memories, but unless they're sending de la Rose down already, am I the only one that just doesn't see where he fits? He's not a top 6 guy anymore and the 4th line is perfect as is. He's not taking Blais' spot, so DLR is the only forward that makes sense. Unless they immediately hated DLR's game this almost strikes me as a favor to Brouwer hoping to drum up some interest so he can sign elsewhere.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am In DA and Berube I trust....but damn, I sure would have loved to see Kostin come up. But Army has made the reference they want both he and Kyrou to get more top 6 minutes in SA and really SHOW they deserve to come up this season based on their performance now.

I do worry as Robb mentioned about the wheels left for TB or even JM. We'll see how they do at practice over the next few days. If nothing else, we have Bobby B if someone else goes down, as we know Berube ain't scared to run 11/7.
Kostin will be up for the playoffs.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:09 am The Brouwer goal against the Hawks is easily one of my favorite pre-2019 Blues memories, but unless they're sending de la Rose down already, am I the only one that just doesn't see where he fits? He's not a top 6 guy anymore and the 4th line is perfect as is. He's not taking Blais' spot, so DLR is the only forward that makes sense. Unless they immediately hated DLR's game this almost strikes me as a favor to Brouwer hoping to drum up some interest so he can sign elsewhere.
I think right now we literally don't have any scratched forwards...we only have 12 forwards on the active roster. So if one of Brouwer/McGinn are signed, I imagined they'd be rotating in and out of the press box with De La Rose. With Steen and Tarasenko out (and both on IR) we don't have to send any forwards down.

BillP. wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am
Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am
The speed talk is so over blown. For goodness sakes Rob we just won the Cup without being a speed and finesse team. The Blues are about staying tight, taking up space in the neutral zone and doing the chip and charge where it's about getting pucks in deep and laying hits on the opposition. How did Maroon fair and he's slower than Brouwer. Like Sanford is really pushing the pace up and down the ice. Troy Brouwer will be a huge addition to this team and at a cheap price at that.
It's really not though. Look at the slow ass LA Kings. The Blues won because of their combination of size and speed.
Just a Russian propaganda account

By the way, that Game 7 goal was Brouwer from Fabbri and Stastny. Who figured Brouwer would be the only one in the organization at this point? And just to clarify, Brouwer and McGinn are just on PTOs, so it's far from a given they are signed and actually join the roster, it's a 10 day tryout.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Robb_K wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am... How old is Brouwer now? He's probably slow as mud. How would he be able to keep up with his linemates and opponents while trying to play defence and forecheck in Berube's 200 foot system? I think he'd be a weak link, and drag down his line.
Robb_K angling for the next Blues PTO?