Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Calgary - 9:00pm 11/9 - TV: FSMW/ESPN+ Radio:101.1ESPN

BillP. wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:58 pm Never after 18 games would I have dreamed we'd be leading the West after the short summer.

I love this team. They work and work and work and never quit.
Scares me though. Such a long season. No doubt in my mind Army is going to give this team a shot in the arm with an addition later in the year.
He's hinted at that, and not tried to make a secret of that. I think he's waiting to see what he's got in Kyrou and Kostin, to see which he will keep, for sure, and which he will consider trading along with a draft choice for a high-quality scorer rental player (like Hall). Right now, The Blues are making it tough for Army to justify any trade. He also has to get a better idea of how much Thomas will progress.

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Calgary - 9:00pm 11/9 - TV: FSMW/ESPN+ Radio:101.1ESPN

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:12 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:58 pm Never after 18 games would I have dreamed we'd be leading the West after the short summer.

I hope the wheels don't fall off after the All-Star break.
hahah I'm waiting for the reverse of last season
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:41 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:12 am

I hope the wheels don't fall off after the All-Star break.
hahah I'm waiting for the reverse of last season
As long as we have the depth to get through injuries we should be ok. This team isn't mentally fragile like we used to be.

BillP. wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:44 pm Really impressed on how great David Perron has become as a player. Vegas did wonders for him. The guy has turned into a complete player and leader as well.
Absolutely agree. He's a joy to watch play. In critical situations, I want him to have the puck, because most of the time, he's going to create a really good scoring opportunity. What has really impressed me about DP57, is the depth of his character. During Hitchcock's rein, Perron took his share of withering ass chewings, but never lost his respect for the coach. Last year when Chief didn't like a few things in Perron's game, he put him in the pressbox, then in his direct fashion, told Perron what he needed to do if he wanted to play here. Instead of whining, pouting, or asking for a trade, he stepped up, and made himself a more valuable factor in his team's success.