List of Blues D that Faulk is better than:

This is partial frustration but I can’t get over how bad he’s been so far this year. The thought of 6 more years of him, and potentially him instead of Petro is a terrifying thought.

I’ve seen almost zero offensive creativity, horrible breakouts (he sends more backhanded, rolling passes than anyone I can think of), and generally horrible defensive positioning.

Really hoping it’s still an adjustment period, but I’d rather Bortuzzo in there at the moment.

Rant done

Re: List of Blues D that Faulk is better than:

I think it an adjustment, and finding the right partner for him. He's looked better when paired with Dunn I think, and those two could put up some good offensive numbers once they gain some chemistry. I personally have like the D pairings we've had the last few games (especially since we are winning), but then again, I'm just a fan and don't have the expert eye for those kind of things as many of you do.

I do NOT think Bobby B though is better than Faulk. Bortz is a good 7th D and that's all he should be. Also, I wouldn't think Petro's deal has anything to do with the Faulk contract, especially since most think Faulk will be expansion draft fodder anyway.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

With regard to replacing Petro, Parayko would be his replacement, NOT Faulk.

But yes, advanced statistically speaking he's only been better than Bortuzzo.

I've said it a couple times, but I'll repeat it again. Whenever a fan base is excited to trade away a player, I'm always about leery of expectations for that player. Hurricane fans were done with him.

We were all stoked to get rid of Berglund, Lehtera, Sobotka, etc and they other fan bases learned why.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 am With regard to replacing Petro, Parayko would be his replacement, NOT Faulk.

I've said it a couple times, but I'll repeat it again. Whenever a fan base is excited to trade away a player, I'm always about leery of expectations for that player. Hurricane fans were done with him.

We were all stoked to get rid of Berglund, Lehtera, Sobotka, etc and they other fan bases learned why.
You sure the consensus/majority of Canes fans didn't want Faulk anymore? I've always been a fan of his game. I got to believe it's still an adjustment period. You have to remember, how many teams in the NHL play like the Blues now? The adjustment here for him is probably a little tougher. I mean, would Karlsson be a good fit with this team?

BillP. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:18 am With regard to replacing Petro, Parayko would be his replacement, NOT Faulk.

You sure the consensus/majority of Canes fans didn't want Faulk anymore? I've always been a fan of his game. I got to believe it's still an adjustment period. You have to remember, how many teams in the NHL play like the Blues now? The adjustment here for him is probably a little tougher. I mean, would Karlsson be a good fit with this team?
I mean I didn't poll every single Canes fan out there by any means, but the comments on social media weren't favorable. They especially seemed excited to have him off the PP.

Karlsson would be a good fit on any team.

Petro had the biggest GWG in our Blues team history. Yet, there would have been many fans excited to trade Petro anytime prior to January 2019 (there are still some who 'hate on' Petro for some strange ass reason).

If you are winning, everyone is loved. If you're not and you are looking for big $$$ as a pending UFA, fans will dump on you as it seems to ease the pain, or they truly believe that one player is the root of all evils on the team.

My perspective of most of the Canes fan's reaction was that they were just happy to receive something for a player who didn't want to stay in Carolina.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 am Petro had the biggest GWG in our Blues team history. Yet, there would have been many fans excited to trade Petro anytime prior to January 2019 (there are still some who 'hate on' Petro for some strange ass reason).

If you are winning, everyone is loved. If you're not and you are looking for big $$$ as a pending UFA, fans will dump on you as it seems to ease the pain, or they truly believe that one player is the root of all evils on the team.

My perspective of most of the Canes fan's reaction was that they were just happy to receive something for a player who didn't want to stay in Carolina.
Petro had his shortcomings and plenty of questions. He answered them.

Additionally, when talking a Petro trade, eyes were set on names akin to Marner. Fans were excited for the potential return.

Again, when a fan base is it excited to trade a player, it makes me a bit leery. Lets not like make this into me saying fans are always rationale and correct on their analysis of a player. Only I am.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 am Petro had the biggest GWG in our Blues team history. Yet, there would have been many fans excited to trade Petro anytime prior to January 2019 (there are still some who 'hate on' Petro for some strange ass reason).

Petro had his shortcomings and plenty of questions. He answered them.

Additionally, when talking a Petro trade, eyes were set on names akin to Marner. Fans were excited for the potential return.

Again, when a fan base is it excited to trade a player, it makes me a bit leery. Lets not like make this into me saying fans are always rationale and correct on their analysis of a player. Only I am.
Yes sir...sorry to question your judgement, as it is superior!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:35 am

Take a look:
http://bluesnewsforum.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=3968

I understand the point you are trying to makw, but bergy/lehtera/sobotka were never top 4 highest scorers of their position or co-captains of their teams.

Canes fans were fed up with faulk (as i and other have been with pie) for never being "enough" and never getting them "over the hump"

Whereas we were all glad to see the other three go bc they were -at peak years- above averagen but were mostly below average and easily replaceable on a consistent basis
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Beatoni12 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:28 am ....

This is partial frustration but I can’t get over how bad he’s been so far this year. The thought of 6 more years of him, and potentially him instead of Petro is a terrifying thought.

I’ve seen almost zero offensive creativity, horrible breakouts (he sends more backhanded, rolling passes than anyone I can think of), and generally horrible defensive positioning.

Really hoping it’s still an adjustment period, but I’d rather Bortuzzo in there at the moment.

Rant done
First off, Faulk is not here to replace Petro. Army getting Faulk signed gives him some leverage. As for "instead of Petro"....well...that's up to Petro. He can stay here if he accepts what Army's offering. Petro more than anybody will probably get some great advice from his bff David Backes who will probably tell him...."trust me....don't chase the money...it's not worth it". Last but not least.....it's a different situation here for Faulk, he deserves more than than 16gp in his Blues career.
Not everybody is Petro or Parayko or Bobby freaking Orr. Why can't we just let everybody play their game and be who they are?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:44 pm

Rant done
First off, Faulk is not here to replace Petro. Army getting Faulk signed gives him some leverage. As for "instead of Petro"....well...that's up to Petro. He can stay here if he accepts what Army's offering. Petro more than anybody will probably get some great advice from his bff David Backes who will probably tell him...."trust me....don't chase the money...it's not worth it". Last but not least.....it's a different situation here for Faulk, he deserves more than than 16gp in his Blues career.
Not everybody is Petro or Parayko or Bobby freaking Orr. Why can't we just let everybody play their game and be who they are?
I don’t expect any of those guys out of Faulk but I haven’t even seen a player comparable to what he was in the past. I qualified it all as it might be an adjustment period, but what we’ve seen so far certainly isn’t worth 6.5M per year , especially when he isn’t likely to improve as he ages.

I’m general, I don’t see much in the way of him improving the Blues through the first 20% of the season. Time will tell, but if he doesn’t improve a fair bit, the contract will be a brutal one.

Beatoni12 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Rant done
I don’t expect any of those guys out of Faulk but I haven’t even seen a player comparable to what he was in the past. I qualified it all as it might be an adjustment period, but what we’ve seen so far certainly isn’t worth 6.5M per year , especially when he isn’t likely to improve as he ages.

I’m general, I don’t see much in the way of him improving the Blues through the first 20% of the season. Time will tell, but if he doesn’t improve a fair bit, the conouract will be a brutal one.
That contract he signed was the going rate....he didn't get paid for what he's going to do, he got paid based on what he's already done.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 pm

I’m general, I don’t see much in the way of him improving the Blues through the first 20% of the season. Time will tell, but if he doesn’t improve a fair bit, the conouract will be a brutal one.
That contract he signed was the going rate....he didn't get paid for what he's going to do, he got paid based on what he's already done.
Which is exactly what a GM shouldn’t do. I’m sure it was a requirement for the trade, but so far it looks like a poor decision. Lots of time to prove me wrong though.

Beatoni12 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:35 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Which is exactly what a GM shouldn’t do. I’m sure it was a requirement for the trade, but so far it looks like a poor decision. Lots of time to prove me wrong though.
That’s how contracts work. Army traded for a player he wanted. Player was due to be paid.....he got paid exactly what he was supposed to be paid.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Edmundson has 0 points in 15 games, 17 SOG, 19 PIMs, and is playing 17:38 ATOI
Faulk has 6 points in 17 games, 32 SOG, 8 PIMs, and is playing 20:42 ATOI

IMHO, Faulk still has more adjusting to do as well (remember, we acquired him just at the beginning of the season), especially if he can play his off-side, otherwise he's our 3rd RHD. I expect him to get better as the season goes on. I DO want to see more solid play from him by December, though.

There were many in the Blues fan base, some on this site, that were equally eager to get rid of Eddie. I was not necessarily one of them, but I guess I've come to trust Army's judgement in these things over my own.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:37 am
I mean I didn't poll every single Canes fan out there by any means, but the comments on social media weren't favorable. They especially seemed excited to have him off the PP.

Karlsson would be a good fit on any team.
[/quote]

I think many Sharks fans would dispute this, and I would agree. He may be a decent fit, but at nowhere near the money he's getting paid in SJ