Re: NHL Overtime. Too many ch?

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:50 pm I could agree with this, but just imagine how many delays we’d have for all the ‘close call’ reviews of that reverse offside call. I get what your saying though, but I’d rather make it like basketball and you only get say ten seconds to bring the puck into the offensive zone.
They should just eliminate offsides all together in the OT. Why does it even matter....it’s a gimmick anyway.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:20 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 pm Could just play 3 on 3 till someone scores period. That has to give at some point. Going past the 10 minute mark would be a rarity IMO
True but that format just takes away from the game itself. The bigger issue is the way the 3 on 3 is played....they need to make some changes . The first thing should be that if you have the puck in the offensive zone....you need to keep it in their until the defending team gets the puck or clears it. I absolutely hate when a player skates back out of the zone to regroup. That should be an automatic penalty for delay of game.
I hate it when they regroup too. Absolute garbage. Totally agree.

So, as the OP, I greatly failed in my post.
I do not know what the "ch?" is. I did not type that in, and yet it appears in the title and in the body.

My initial question had more to do with, are there too many games going into overtime right now? Around 25% of games are going to overtime, which seems like a lot to me.

Is that normal/average per season? Is it worse early in the season. Or is it getting worse each year. I don't mind the OT point so much if it is rare. But with the frequency it is happening, I wonder sometimes if the setup is backfiring and pushing teams to go for the tie point and be cautious.

Sorry for the very confusing start. with the week I've had, I need coffee in my retinas.

BillP. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 pm Could just play 3 on 3 till someone scores period. That has to give at some point. Going past the 10 minute mark would be a rarity IMO
True but that format just takes away from the game itself. The bigger issue is the way the 3 on 3 is played....they need to make some changes . The first thing should be that if you have the puck in the offensive zone....you need to keep it in their until the defending team gets the puck or clears it. I absolutely hate when a player skates back out of the zone to regroup. That should be an automatic penalty for delay of game.
If I recall correctly, the Blues only OT win this year came about 3 seconds after they left the zone, regrouped and re-entered.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:19 pm

If I recall correctly, the Blues only OT win this year came about 3 seconds after they left the zone, regrouped and re-entered.
Well if I were the NHL rule maker they would have been penalized for delay of game and I would have given the other team a 5-3 for the whole two mins even if the penalty happened with only 5 seconds left in OT!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Well if I were the NHL rule maker they would have been penalized for delay of game and I would have given the other team a 5-3 for the whole two mins even if the penalty happened with only 5 seconds left in OT!
Honestly, why stop there? Take 5 first round picks from the Blues too.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Now you’re thinking!!!!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Mph6689 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:17 pm So, as the OP, I greatly failed in my post.
I do not know what the "ch?" is. I did not type that in, and yet it appears in the title and in the body. ...
**PLEASE** don't tell us you write software code for nuclear power plant cooling systems or for commercial airliner flight controls. :?

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Now you’re thinking!!!!
Then move them to Saskatoon.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!