Streaming TV

I know there are some that use streaming services such as myself...currently a DirectvNow/ATT TV Now viewer. Well the entire industry is changing so be prepared. I know ATT is making huge changes coming soon and today we find out that Sony is killing off their PS Vue tv service Jan 30th.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/son ... 14584.html
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Streaming TV

barcthespark wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:07 pm I've had PSVue for a few years and loved it. The only place I could get FSMW and NHL Network both. Looks like I'll be losing NHL Network no matter where which service I move to.
NHL network is available on ATT TV Now but I can't recommend it because new subscribers have to get the $124 package just to get it, I'm looking at moving to YoutubeTV or FuboTV once my ATT rate sky rockets.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:07 am Sling TV is also a good option
I tried Sling a few years ago but didn’t care for it at the time. I actually tried most of them and went with PS Vue until Directvnow came out with their service. I’ll do another free trial of Sling and see how much it’s improved as it could be an option for me down the road.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I have ATT TV Now. I'm on a plan that doesn't exist anymore, so my rate isn't going up quite as much as some of the others, but its still going up. I get 65 channels on the old basic package, while the new basic only has about 45 (I did lose a couple, but that was more of an issue for the kids than myself). Every time I look at one of the other services like Hulu Live or YoutubeTV I come to the conclusion that they're similar enough that I'm not going to bother switching. If I weren't already invested in ATT TV Now I'd probably go with someone else though.

Regarding Sling, I know here in Chicago they don't have the local NBC Sports channel, so there are no Hawks/Bulls games, and that dispute is unlikely to be resolved anytime soon. While the streaming quality and interface has improved quite a bit over the last couple of years, all of these services are getting to be less of a bargain than they were in that timeframe. Still cheaper than cable/satellite, but the marginal benefit is shrinking.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barcthespark wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:35 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:51 am Does Sling have FSMW?

I've wanted to try Slinging for a while.
If you're in the St Louis area, yes. And NHL Network.
Do you subscribe to Sling and have FSMW? Just asking because everything I've read says Sling dropped all of the Fox sports regional networks.
Hm may be true? I had it for about a year up until a few months ago when I no longer needed it. If it doesn’t, then that’s a non starter here.
Just a Russian propaganda account

barcthespark wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:35 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:51 am Does Sling have FSMW?

I've wanted to try Slinging for a while.
If you're in the St Louis area, yes. And NHL Network.
Do you subscribe to Sling and have FSMW? Just asking because everything I've read says Sling dropped all of the Fox sports regional networks.
They did drop the Fox Sports channels. It sucks. Luckily some friends gave me their log in for Hulu so I'm back in business.
One thing great about Sling though is the sports package upgrade. $10 per month and you get the Redzone, all the major sports networks, college football conference networks, soccer, and other channels. I would pay $10 just for the Redzone TBH. It's the only way to watch football at this point.
KA-KAW!

barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 pm
barcthespark wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:13 pm I used https://thestreamable.com/matchmaker to figure out which service I'm going to use to replace PSVue. I'm going with Hulu. I'll lose NHL Network, but it has everything else I like. Plus I'll even be saving some $$$ too.
I went to Hulu live when Sling dumped fsmw, and I've been pretty satisfied.
That's good to hear. It's nice being able to combine their live TV streaming service with what I already had with my regular Hulu account. Hopefully they'll add NHL Network at some point.

barcthespark wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:19 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 pm
barcthespark wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:13 pm I used https://thestreamable.com/matchmaker to figure out which service I'm going to use to replace PSVue. I'm going with Hulu. I'll lose NHL Network, but it has everything else I like. Plus I'll even be saving some $$$ too.
I went to Hulu live when Sling dumped fsmw, and I've been pretty satisfied.
That's good to hear. It's nice being able to combine their live TV streaming service with what I already had with my regular Hulu account. Hopefully they'll add NHL Network at some point.
That's the only reason I keep Sling; I have regular Hulu too, but I just enjoy NHL network, and since I'm out of market, any Blues game shown on there I'd miss. Not sure how many games that is a year, or whats left over the next 5.5 months, but it could be a few. Hulu also was better to be honest for the actual streaming. Not sure if it's our Firestick or what, but Sling seems to freeze up every other day and have to do a restart of the stick.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:48 pm Hulu just announced a $10/month price increase days before I was getting set to switch to it from ATT TV Now.. Anybody have YoutubeTV?
That's crazy; I only do the $5/month or whatever Hulu package, mostly so we can watch "This is Us". Everything else we watch is on Netflix, Sling, Disney +, or Amazon Prime. I thought about YouTube TV, but the non-starter for me is the same as HULU; no NHL Network. But otherwise I've heard it is good.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:48 pm Hulu just announced a $10/month price increase days before I was getting set to switch to it from ATT TV Now.. Anybody have YoutubeTV?
I’ve had YouTube tv for a whole two days now. It’s worked well for me so far. I think the app is less buggy than PS Vue’s, on roku anyways.

Also, not sure if you could do this with the other streaming services, but my parents (live in STL) actually we’re the ones who signed up for YouTube tv. I live in Kentucky and am able to login using their account and have local St. Louis channels. YouTube has 3 simultaneous streams allowed so we don’t foresee issues with that. But anyways, good way to save some money if you can split a subscription with someone, and a way to potentially get fox sports Midwest if you’re out of town but the person paying has a billing address in STL.

Beatoni12 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:58 pm This kinda interests me. Is it simply cost driving all you folks from cable to steaming?
Being retired, cost is definitely a factor for me, but probably equally important, is not being bound to a contract even when my cable/satellite company decides to drop programming that I find important.
Also by pairing a couple of Streaming providers, I can get a better selection of programming than I might get from one cable service.