Re: FUCK!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:12 am My question also, if this was an issue that needed to be fixed, why is it being done now and not...say this summer?
No kidding. Would certainly have been relief for the cap if we had him on LTIR.

Kostin time now. No more fucking around with the slugs in the lineup hoping they will put it together.
Last edited by BluesSK on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:26 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:12 am My question also, if this was an issue that needed to be fixed, why is it being done now and not...say this summer?
No kidding. Would certainly have been relief for the cap if we had him on LTIR.

Kostin time now. No more fucking around with the slugs in the lineup hoping they will put it together.
That is a very obvious question to which I would like to know the answer. Not even this can kill my Stanley Cup high..... but WTF? If he misses most (and possibly all?) of 19/20, then you can probably count on him taking a long time to find his game in 20/21.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:41 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:31 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 am I guess some cap space just opened up at least.
Maybe the Blues can take a flyer on TIM's boy Ho-Sang now.
OR LOOK WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION AND CALL UP KLIM KOSTIN *bangs head against wall*
This is pretty much the exact scenario that makes the most sense to call up Kostin, an extended top 6 injury. I don't know how he's been playing in San Antonio (5 points in 8 games doesn't really tell you much), but I'd have to imagine he gets a run here soon. Sure you can juggle around the 13 healthy forwards without Kostin for a while, but does anyone think Fabbri/Sanford are going to give you more than Kostin? Even if the answer is yes, I don't know how you can say it with any degree of confidence. Let's see what the kid can do.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

It was seriously aggravated in the last game, requiring the surgery now. Surgery wasn't necessary after the June playoff game, in which his old injury was aggravated. Otherwise, they would have decided to do it back then.

Tarasenko is expected to be ready to play roughly, about the end of March, at best. If that times out right, The Blues may be able to add a high-quality forward for the season by using Tarasenko's LTIR relief Cap reduction for that, and simply activate Tarasenko for the first game of the playoffs, thereby getting an extra high-salaried player for the playoffs, as there is no Salary Cap restriction once the regular season is over, and players returning from LTIR are eligible to be added back to the active roster.

So, in addition to bringing up Kostin, and Kyrou (when he's ready), I would look into trading for a high-quality scoring winger. (Taylor Hall???)
Last edited by Robb_K on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Title perfectly captured my emotions.

It is the same shoulder that's bothered him for years and IMO has held him back from his potential.

And Klim Kostin has one goal in 8 AHL games. He isn't Vladimir Tarasenko.

Do we think there's a chance we trade for a Zucker/Kreider or ride it out with our own guys? Armstrong knows our window is now and he's clearly aggressive about maximizing it. Losing a 70+ point gamebreaker for the entire regular season is huge.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 am I guess some cap space just opened up at least.
Army should look for a bargain deal now and see if it pans out. If not then look to make a bigger upgrade at the deadline depending on our situation
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:33 pm Title perfectly captured my emotions.

It is the same shoulder that's bothered him for years and IMO has held him back from his potential.

And Klim Kostin has one goal in 8 AHL games. He isn't Vladimir Tarasenko.

Do we think there's a chance we trade for a Zucker/Kreider or ride it out with our own guys? Armstrong knows our window is now and he's clearly aggressive about maximizing it. Losing a 70+ point gamebreaker for the entire regular season is huge.
I don't think anybody is expecting Kostin to be Tarasenko. Whoever steps into that line won't be expected to be Tarasenko. I think they roll with this group for a while, then maybe a call-up if thinks don't click. I definitely could see a deal later in the year, but don't expect a trade anytime soon. I think most GMs don't really make trades until closer to Thanksgiving anyway when they've got a better feel for their own teams.

OR LOOK WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION AND CALL UP KLIM KOSTIN *bangs head against wall*
You are gonna lose it when they announce Nathan Walker as the recall! :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

How does that work with LTIR? If Blues acquire a 5M player and then Tank comes back for playoffs, can Blues still go into playoffs with full roster over the Cap?

Best case scenario is Kostin comes in and is given the reins to play his way and he scores 25 goals. Blues will be better than ever come playoff time.

Play Thomas at center. Move Schenn to RW. Good oppurtunity to develop Thomas at C and hope that Schenn's hot start continues with him playing top line wing in Tarasenko's spot. Then we can call up Kyrou/Kostin and they can play 3rd line duties with Bozak so they're not under too much pressure.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 pm

You are gonna lose it when they announce Nathan Walker as the recall! :lol:
Haha, that's absolutely what's going to happen.

Quoting AHL stats is pointless. They tried to do that with Bishop and JB50.

Kyrou tears up the AHL and isn’t shit in St. Louis.

They mean next to nothing in determining how a guy like Kostin and others will do when given the opportunity, especially when considering their skills. I’d be bored as hell playing in the AHL still if I was him.
Just a Russian propaganda account