Re: FUCK! [Tarasenko out 5+ months]

Tim, what about Tyler Toffoli, an old favorite of yours? Did something happen to him that made him forget how to score goals, or is he a guy that just needs a change of scenery and be a 25-goal scorer again in the right situation? Seems like a guy that could be picked up pretty cheaply since he’s a pending UFA.

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 am Can Army free up some cap and sign Vanek for 700K? If he’s still in the market to find a team, he would be the most cost effective purchase without yielding an asset.
I was literally going to put Vanek out there today. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they can pretty much do anything right now with Tank on LTIR. His money is now freed up.
I really hope they stick with Thomas up there. Give him a few weeks to try and gel with those guys. His talent is evident every time he is on the ice. He might flourish with some guys that know how to bury the puck.
I know this won't be popular, but Brouwer would be cheap. Adding him as a 3rd/4th liner would allow another guy (like Thomas) to move up into Tank's spot. I would love to see him in a Berube system.
KA-KAW!

Matangama wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:26 am Tim, what about Tyler Toffoli, an old favorite of yours? Did something happen to him that made him forget how to score goals, or is he a guy that just needs a change of scenery and be a 25-goal scorer again in the right situation? Seems like a guy that could be picked up pretty cheaply since he’s a pending UFA.
He still has great hands and a change of scenery would do him well but he’s also jaded with that LA lifestyle and that’s a real thing for a lot of those guys out there.
The bigger issue is that none of the other GM’s are gonna do Army any favors when they know he has a real need. If I’m Army I’m looking for a bargain and see if Berube can work some magic.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: FUCK!

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:57 pm
barnburner wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:25 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 pm

They were just talking about this on XMNHL radio; I think it was Barnaby who speculated that it was probably one of those 'you can rehab it and it will heal over time, but if you take a hit or move the wrong way it'll need surgery' type of issues. With the way Tarasenko plays, yeah, they should have just taking the surgery, but at least he'll be back for the playoffs :)
Maybe. How many times have we seen those type timelines be wrong? Not feeling very confident about him being 100% for the playoffs.
Re-evaluated means...no Tarasenko this season....playoffs highly doubtful.
None of us know. He came back ahead of schedule from his first.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: FUCK!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:50 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:57 pm
barnburner wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:25 pm
Maybe. How many times have we seen those type timelines be wrong? Not feeling very confident about him being 100% for the playoffs.
Re-evaluated means...no Tarasenko this season....playoffs highly doubtful.
None of us know. He came back ahead of schedule from his first.
It's over, Johnny.

Matangama wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:28 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:33 pm He’s going to be re-evaluated in 5 Months....that doesn’t mean ready
Dear God, please don’t rush the guy back. If he misses the whole season and playoffs, so be it (If we hadn’t won the Cup, maybe I wouldn’t feel this way).
Well said. Don't want this to evolve into a career ending injury.

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:59 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:58 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:24 pm Does Walker say "G'day, mate!" right before he hits someone? Because I feel like that is something he should say right before he hits someone.
wouldnt it make more sense to say it after the hit as in a "have a" g'day mate?

or is it more of a hello?
I think it's like "Aloha". It can mean Hello or Good bye.
That's fair dinkum.

RT has tons of talent and potential, but he is definitely lacking in confidence right now as far as shooting the puck goes. Vladi is a scorer, thus far RT is an pass first, assist guy. This does not mean he won't become a scorer, but we need someone who can put pucks in the net right now. That said, I don't see the need to panic and bring anyone up immediately and there is definitely no need to make any kind of trade move that effects our draft picks or top prospects.

Rivermanfan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:35 am RT has tons of talent and potential, but he is definitely lacking in confidence right now as far as shooting the puck goes. Vladi is a scorer, thus far RT is an pass first, assist guy. This does not mean he won't become a scorer, but we need someone who can put pucks in the net right now. That said, I don't see the need to panic and bring anyone up immediately and there is definitely no need to make any kind of trade move that effects our draft picks or top prospects.
Is it a confidence thing though? Hasn't he always been thought of more as a playmaker/passer than a finisher? His problems to me seem to be a durability issue more than anything.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:42 am
Rivermanfan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:35 am RT has tons of talent and potential, but he is definitely lacking in confidence right now as far as shooting the puck goes. Vladi is a scorer, thus far RT is an pass first, assist guy. This does not mean he won't become a scorer, but we need someone who can put pucks in the net right now. That said, I don't see the need to panic and bring anyone up immediately and there is definitely no need to make any kind of trade move that effects our draft picks or top prospects.
Is it a confidence thing though? Hasn't he always been thought of more as a playmaker/passer than a finisher? His problems to me seem to be a durability issue more than anything.
I don't disagree with that, but it seems like many want to slot him into Vladi's spot and I'm not sure how that solves the loss of goal production from the position. I know everyone needs to step up as a team, but that is a given. 30 goals are hard to replace.