Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#51
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am
So apparently, The Athletic has the Blues prospect pool rated at #27. Is that a general consensus? I might be biased but I thought our prospect pool was a little better than that.
Seems about right. Not much depth anymore, and Perunovich and Kostin are the only guys in the system with top 6/top 4 potential as I understand it. Hofer got a boost from the WJC, but who the hell knows with goalies. No need to sweat it though, flags fly forever.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#52
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 am
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am
So apparently, The Athletic has the Blues prospect pool rated at #27. Is that a general consensus? I might be biased but I thought our prospect pool was a little better than that.
Seems about right. Not much depth anymore, and Perunovich and Kostin are the only guys in the system with top 6/top 4 potential as I understand it. Hofer got a boost from the WJC, but who the hell knows with goalies. No need to sweat it though, flags fly forever.
Don’t forget Nikita Alexandrov.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#53
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 am
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am
So apparently, The Athletic has the Blues prospect pool rated at #27. Is that a general consensus? I might be biased but I thought our prospect pool was a little better than that.
Seems about right. Not much depth anymore, and Perunovich and Kostin are the only guys in the system with top 6/top 4 potential as I understand it. Hofer got a boost from the WJC, but who the hell knows with goalies. No need to sweat it though, flags fly forever.
Don’t forget Nikita Alexandrov.
Kyrou too, but I guess he's not considered a prospect now?

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#54
Dave's a mess wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:01 am
BluesSK wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am
So apparently, The Athletic has the Blues prospect pool rated at #27. Is that a general consensus? I might be biased but I thought our prospect pool was a little better than that.
Seems about right. Not much depth anymore, and Perunovich and Kostin are the only guys in the system with top 6/top 4 potential as I understand it. Hofer got a boost from the WJC, but who the hell knows with goalies. No need to sweat it though, flags fly forever.
And what about Mikkola? You don't think he has top 4 potential? He looks good to me.

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#60
BluesSK wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm
Not a Blues prospect but interesting nonetheless.

I read something on him in the hockey news when I was like 12 or so. More impressive is playing against guys 3 years older than him and dominating last season. Looks like the hype is legit and world class talent at 14 to boot.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#61
NHLTIM wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:16 pm
BluesSK wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm
Not a Blues prospect but interesting nonetheless.

I read something on him in the hockey news when I was like 12 or so. More impressive is playing against guys 3 years older than him and dominating last season. Looks like the hype is legit and world class talent at 14 to boot.
Wow, he's been around that long?

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#62
MissouriMook wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:16 pm
BluesSK wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm
Not a Blues prospect but interesting nonetheless.

I read something on him in the hockey news when I was like 12 or so. More impressive is playing against guys 3 years older than him and dominating last season. Looks like the hype is legit and world class talent at 14 to boot.
Wow, he's been around that long?
Impressive that they were writing about the kid when he was -88 years old ;)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#63
Dave's a mess wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:07 pm
MissouriMook wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:16 pm


I read something on him in the hockey news when I was like 12 or so. More impressive is playing against guys 3 years older than him and dominating last season. Looks like the hype is legit and world class talent at 14 to boot.
Wow, he's been around that long?
Impressive that they were writing about the kid when he was -88 years old ;)
That just shows you how good these scouts are
KA-KAW!

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#67
JMC-STL wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:09 pm
The former Blues ECHL affiliate Tulsa Oilers have signed a three-year deal with San Diego (AHL) and Anaheim (NHL). The Blues new AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds, had no ECHL affiliate in the past. How this may affect the St. Louis prospects shuffling for future seasons remains to be seen.
It seems pretty common for NHL franchises to share ECHL affiliates, so I expect they will find one that is accommodating that is near Springfield, MA to park 4-6 players. It might mean Joel Hofer stays in the WHL as an overager if Husso doesn't make the big club, and it may mean guys like Tucker and Laferierre get sent back to their CHL teams if they don't cut it with the T-Birds.

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#68
MissouriMook wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:24 pm
JMC-STL wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:09 pm
The former Blues ECHL affiliate Tulsa Oilers have signed a three-year deal with San Diego (AHL) and Anaheim (NHL). The Blues new AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds, had no ECHL affiliate in the past. How this may affect the St. Louis prospects shuffling for future seasons remains to be seen.
It seems pretty common for NHL franchises to share ECHL affiliates, so I expect they will find one that is accommodating that is near Springfield, MA to park 4-6 players. It might mean Joel Hofer stays in the WHL as an overager if Husso doesn't make the big club, and it may mean guys like Tucker and Laferierre get sent back to their CHL teams if they don't cut it with the T-Birds.
Syncing up league schedules & roster building/shuffling is gonna be a bitch in whatever the "2020-21 season" becomes. We might see more of the lower to mid-level NHL prospects moving to Europe for the next year or two, to allow time for NA hockey to sort itself out.

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#69
We should be enjoying our summer talking about this current offseason and getting pumped up for training camp in another 9 weeks. Everything I look forward to about hockey is ruined at the present time.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#71
MissouriMook wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:14 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:53 pm
We should be enjoying our summer talking about this current offseason and getting pumped up for training camp in another 9 weeks. Everything I look forward to about hockey is ruined at the present time.
Tim, you're really harshing my mellow with these comments lately. Let people enjoy things. :lol:
Someone take that man to Thailand, where fun is safe again! Reuters.com: Masks and bikinis as Bangkok sex districts reopen with new rules

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#72
NHLTIM wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 pm
Mikkola and Kyrou are here now. I don’t know if Wheeler included them or not, I’m assuming he probably did.
Aren't there a specific number of games played and number of days on The NHL roster that form the threshold that moves a player's status from "prospect" to NHL player? I seem to remember 60 total games, or 3 months (90 days?) on the NHL roster.

Re: Blues Prospects Thread (2019-20)

#74
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:37 am
Is Perunovich eligible to play for the Blues? If so, any chance we see him? I could definitely see someone like him getting time in the meaningless round robin games.
He should be eligible...they gave him two contract options because he wanted to play right away but they’re weren’t sure when return to play would happen when he signed the contract.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"