Faulk

I call do over, definitely came over rated from where I'm sitting. Slow on his skates and apparently allergic to putting the vulcanized rubber disc on net. I hope he starts to pick it up or it'll be a long season, that's not to say he's the only reason for the slow start, hes just the most glaring imo.

Re: Faulk

The Justin Faulk you are seeing is not the real Justin Faulk in terms of his gameplay. I hate when we don’t let players play to their strengths . Eventually the coaching staff is gonna wake up and say “hey...lets let Faulk play his game and get more jnvovled”. I guarantee a very similar quote is coming from Berube....give it time.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

From what I've seen so far this guy is expansion draft material. But to be fair I've only watched three games so far and it's way early. He just needs to find his role on the team. I have no problem with showing patience with Faulk. But he needs to show a lot more to justify that contract.

If anyone remembers, when the Blues started their run of excellence back in February, they weren’t doing it with a heavy style of play, but instead they were doing it with a fast transition game in the neutral zone. This team needs to get it out of its head about being heavy right now and instead focus on transitioning with speed in neutral zone and creating odd man rushes. This is what the Blues got Faulk for in the first place. The Blues can always go back to heavy, I don’t know why they’re afraid of letting it go. Time to move on to regular season hockey and go tape to tape with the transition game.

I think a lot of the problem with Faulk (and our D in general) is that we're pretty unbalanced back there right now and we have been shuffling the pairings up quite a bit. None of the righties have shown the ability to play the left effectively as of right now. However, I think its clear that Chief prefers Bortuzzo over Gunnarsson (and Gunnarsson hasn't played great to start the season either). Playing Bortuzzo means there's going to be one righty-righty pairing and until one of the righties shows they can play the left side we're going to have problems. Faulk has played with basically everyone on D after coming over and not having a training camp with us--I'm not surprised at all he hasn't settled in. Like many of us said regarding Petro prior to JBo's arrival--the guy needs to have a consistent partner at the very least so we can get the most out of him.

I actually think he has looked great in the transition game. Offense takes time to gel. The Blues added all of those new faces last year and it took them months to start playing well together. Let's give the guy a little time. He has to learn to play with a new partner, new defensive system, new PP. When a player has skill, it's only a matter of time before it starts to click.
KA-KAW!

I'm not worried about Faulk. He looks no worse than the rest of the team to start this season. As others have mentioned he's getting a new partner every other night it seems, which can only make the move to a new team even harder. I'm confident that once the team finds its bearings Faulk will start to assuage any early concerns.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!