Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 7:00 10/17 - TV: FSMO Radio: 101.1ESPN

A couple of things to take away from this game (my first time at the rink this year):

First off, I gotta stop looking at sitting anywhere except section 319-322....those seats have a PERFECT view of the game. I sat in row P in 321 last night and it was like having an ENORMOUS tv right in front. I hope they can work something out to listen to the radio feed in live time.

Second, I tried to watch Thomas and Faulk just to get some impressions on them. Thomas (for the short amount of time he was on) looked fine. I liked the look of Barbs-Sunny-Thomas as a line. Faulk looked okay, I'm hoping he can find his place on this team. This team definitely misses the nastiness that Jed brought to the table, Faulk needs to be bringing some of that (we were all told that he could).

Glad to see Tarasenko shooting more finally, but GOOD LORD he made two absolutely horrid passes during the game that directly led to odd-man rushes during the game.

To me, BINNER was solid. He was the reason Vancouver didn't win by a score of 5or6-3.

Finally, HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THE PP 10th IN THE LEAGUE? Is everyone else THAT BAD cause our PP looks AWFUL.

Did anyone ever find out what the bench said to the refs to make them all butthurt?

jfbop37 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 am A couple of things to take away from this game (my first time at the rink this year):

First off, I gotta stop looking at sitting anywhere except section 319-322....those seats have a PERFECT view of the game. I sat in row P in 321 last night and it was like having an ENORMOUS tv right in front. I hope they can work something out to listen to the radio feed in live time.

Second, I tried to watch Thomas and Faulk just to get some impressions on them. Thomas (for the short amount of time he was on) looked fine. I liked the look of Barbs-Sunny-Thomas as a line. Faulk looked okay, I'm hoping he can find his place on this team. This team definitely misses the nastiness that Jed brought to the table, Faulk needs to be bringing some of that (we were all told that he could).

Glad to see Tarasenko shooting more finally, but GOOD LORD he made two absolutely horrid passes during the game that directly led to odd-man rushes during the game.

To me, BINNER was solid. He was the reason Vancouver didn't win by a score of 5or6-3.

Finally, HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THE PP 10th IN THE LEAGUE? Is everyone else THAT BAD cause our PP looks AWFUL.

Did anyone ever find out what the bench said to the refs to make them all butthurt?
Berube complained about the bogus goalie interference call on Thomas. Berube took full blame for the bench minor, but noted that they pulled the trigger on the penalty a lot quicker than usual. I'd love to hear what he said. As a hockey lifer his chirps have to be either hilarious or just soul crushing.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 am
Berube complained about the bogus goalie interference call on Thomas. Berube took full blame for the bench minor, but noted that they pulled the trigger on the penalty a lot quicker than usual. I'd love to hear what he said. As a hockey lifer his chirps have to be either hilarious or just soul crushing.
That's more what I was wanting to know. :D

MattyIce wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:10 am In the spurts that this team has played its best, they still look like world beaters to me. The issue is that they don't do it for 60 minutes. I am confident that when this team needs to turn it on, they will. I don't care if they win the division. Just get in, because once they're in, they are built for another run.
They do. As I mentioned last night, when they turn it up they are unstoppable.

I think they need to make a few adjustments to the lines and really spend more practices working on special teams. I would move Fabbri up to the second line to see if he can cut it. Move Blais down with Bozak and Thomas and get Steen back on the fourth line.

I think the defense will be fine once Faulk settles in. By game 20 we should have a real good idea of where we are at there.

Binnington has been trying to do too much. He has been phenomenal on first saves but has been putting himself out of position on rebounds.

These are all fixable things. Except for the power play, maybe. If they can concentrate on that and get it going then I think we are good to go.

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:24 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:55 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 am Just 3 wins in their first 7. Not ideal
I think they’ve given up 3 goals or more in 5 of 7. 16 in last 4.
Allen sucks, they just need to trade him away if he isn't going to make the big saves when needed.
Last time I checked Allen has only played in one game. The goal issues are on the D more than the goalies, and Allen made some big saves in his start. Not trying to defend Shakey Jakey, but gotta be honest about these things.

If I missed your sarcasm, I apologize.

Rivermanfan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:18 pm
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:24 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:55 am

I think they’ve given up 3 goals or more in 5 of 7. 16 in last 4.
Allen sucks, they just need to trade him away if he isn't going to make the big saves when needed.
Last time I checked Allen has only played in one game. The goal issues are on the D more than the goalies, and Allen made some big saves in his start. Not trying to defend Shakey Jakey, but gotta be honest about these things.

If I missed your sarcasm, I apologize.
accepted, just being silly. I know Binnington has played well, but some of those goals I'm sure he'd like back...and let's be honest, it it was Allen starting, what I sarcastically said would be the mantra in Blues land. IF the Blues don't right the ship and continue giving up 3-5 goals per game, I'd give it another month or two before the first questions or comments are made towards Binner's ability to be a starting goalie.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:03 pm
ratonmono wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:40 pm I'm still finding myself indifferent to this year's team right now. I actually find myself not even watching the games much yet. It's weird. Still coming down from that high I guess.
Not that weird. They've played rather boring and at times sloppy hockey so far.
I wouldn't even know I've only watched two of the games. That's what's weird. lol