Re: GDT: Blues vs Kings 2pm NBC

what pissed me off most about this is that there was little emotion played out here. "rivalries are built in the playoffs" - right. this was more like watching us play colorado in the late '90s. they kick our ass, we take it, repeat. can't even say i'm looking forward to our next game with them, as there is no "<player> took a number, we'll get 'em next time". just such a shitty let down to a great season. how different might things have been if jackman hadn't run halak?

T.C. wrote:what pissed me off most about this is that there was little emotion played out here. "rivalries are built in the playoffs" - right. this was more like watching us play colorado in the late '90s. they kick our ass, we take it, repeat. can't even say i'm looking forward to our next game with them, as there is no "<player> took a number, we'll get 'em next time". just such a shitty let down to a great season. how different might things have been if jackman hadn't run halak?
Funny, I made the exact same point to my wife near the end of the game. I've never liked Dustin Brown, because he looks exactly like some cocksucker I had to work with 30 years ago that I really hated. Aside from that, I don't have an ounce of ill will towards a single Kings player from this series. I've never had that happen before.

I just think we got beat soundly at our own game. Halak would have had to really rise to the occasion, but who knows, maybe he would have. I think the Kings, because of their defensive system, are the only team that could have snuffed us so soundly. Maybe it was bad luck we got matched up against them this early (and without Halak), because they are on a roll. But it is what it is, I suppose.

Now, get the new owners in there and let's get the fuck to work, bitches!

Barret Jackman is a minus 8 for the series....our defence was too small and underskilled....they got pushed around by the Kings and couldn't clear the zone or just flat out beat to pucks......blown coverage.....and of course....the refs let the Kings ape all over our guys and called them for batting a fly near any of their players.