Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Islanders - Noon 10/14 - TV:FSMW/ESPN+ - Radio 101.1espn

Great first 55 minutes. Pathetic last 5 of Regulation, and a not-very-good OT. They thought they had the game won when they scored the 2nd goal, and then they absolutely stopped playing. HORRIBLE. I sincerely hope they won't fall short of making the playoffs, or winning home ice advantage in the playoffs by ONE point. I understand that players can't play at 110% all 82 games. But IF you've got a 2-goal lead with only 5 minutes left, you shouldn't just relax, and possibly give away points that are already "in the bag". You work hard to protect the lead, which is A LOT easier than coming back from a deficit. Just 5 short minutes and short shift of skating hard to get to the puck first, not trying anything too risky, BUT moving the puck forward in solid control, making good decisions, always protecting the puck, and taking advantage of the opponents NEED to open up the game, and using that to try to control the puck in the O-Zone. We see what happens when the puck is in our own zone too long. The puck ends up in the net. Turtling, and sending the puck out of the zone, not in control of a teammate, just to ese pressure will end up with the puck right back in your zone seconds later, carried in by fresh opposing forwards, while your exhausted 5 skaters have missed their chance to get off the ice several times. So, it gets easier and easier for your opponents to score.

I hope Berube has them playing hard in the next games.

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Islanders - Noon 10/14 - TV:FSMW/ESPN+ - Radio 101.1espn

Robb_K wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 pm... I understand that players can't play at 110% all 82 games. But IF you've got a 2-goal lead with only 5 minutes left, you shouldn't just relax, and possibly give away points that are already "in the bag". You work hard to protect the lead, which is A LOT easier than coming back from a deficit. Just 5 short minutes and short shift of skating hard to get to the puck first, not trying anything too risky, BUT moving the puck forward in solid control, making good decisions, always protecting the puck, and taking advantage of the opponents NEED to open up the game, and using that to try to control the puck in the O-Zone. We see what happens when the puck is in our own zone too long. The puck ends up in the net. Turtling, and sending the puck out of the zone, not in control of a teammate, just to ese pressure will end up with the puck right back in your zone seconds later, carried in by fresh opposing forwards, while your exhausted 5 skaters have missed their chance to get off the ice several times. So, it gets easier and easier for your opponents to score. ...
So I guess you'll be bag skatin' 'em all when they hit EC ice on Tuesday, Coach Robb? ;)

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:10 pm On the upside, for about 55 minutes this was the best game the Blues played all year. They looked like the team from last Spring most of the game. The shots were fairly even throughout, but it seemed like the Blues were getting more dangerous chances.
Your signature fit perfectly after that post
It's working!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:27 pm Bozak and Mac Mac were the only ones who gave a shit (there were others but these two i noticed the most) after the 1st goal was scored.

I also noticed after the 1st goal was scored mac mac only had 1 more shift and bozak had 2.
Has MacMac ever played a game where his effort has been questioned? I like him. Not the most talented guy, but you tend to know what you're going to get and there's something to be said for consistency. Even if it's just consistently average.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:27 pm Bozak and Mac Mac were the only ones who gave a shit (there were others but these two i noticed the most) after the 1st goal was scored.

I also noticed after the 1st goal was scored mac mac only had 1 more shift and bozak had 2.
Has MacMac ever played a game where his effort has been questioned? I like him. Not the most talented guy, but you tend to know what you're going to get and there's something to be said for consistency. Even if it's just consistently average.
He's the modern day Chris Porter.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 pm If you're up by one and your "star" players are playing tired/lackadasical, send out the energy players to hit/block shots/make it easier on your goalie to make saves.

But then again my last two posts seem to be (underlyingly) attacking chief's coaching...which is incorrect.

Just stanley cup winner hangover is all :)
You're one more loss from calling for Chief's job at this rate.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 pm If you're up by one and your "star" players are playing tired/lackadasical, send out the energy players to hit/block shots/make it easier on your goalie to make saves.

But then again my last two posts seem to be (underlyingly) attacking chief's coaching...which is incorrect.

Just stanley cup winner hangover is all :)
You're one more loss from calling for Chief's job at this rate.
:P :P :P :P
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou