Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Toronto - 10/7 6:00pm - TV: NHL/FSMO Radio: 101espn

It's really nice to see the Blues get 5 out of 6 points in a very rough opening 3 games. I think last year's start really drove home the importance of banking points early. Having said that, they need to clean some things up. The opponents have been tough, but Binnington has probably earned an extra couple of points on his own. I have every confidence that they will do just that. It'll be nice to have a couple of days off before they hopefully take Ottawa to the woodshed Thursday night.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:12 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:59 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am I don't get to watch my Blues this year, because of a dispute between Sinclair and Dish....Fuck the NHL for allowing this to happen.
You can watch any game you want. It’s a quality site too
nhl66.ir
Thanks... I'll give it a shot
I had been enjoying NHL66.ir for the preseason until Mrs. Cotton surprised me with the NHL.tv "you've subscribed". Now I just run NHL.tv through the server here at the Cotton place via Israel (no black outs). When NHL.tv eventually asks me what's the deal, "I travel for work, and I've left it logged in on my desktop in Israel" ;)

Fun to watch the Blues continue to be last years team and fight back for a win!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:43 am
Doug Glatt wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:11 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm
The quality of the opponents can’t be overstated.
Binnington cannot be overstated, imo. He's come up with the saves again.
I was looking over some of the Corsi advance stats from this game because I'm a nerd. The Blues were absolutely dominated in puck position at even strenth. They actually have been on the minus side of this stat in all 3 games, but it was especially lopsided in this one. JB50 is winning this team games.
I totally believe that. I've thought the Blues have been outplayed, but Binnington continues to bail out the whole team. It is so nice having confidence in our goalie. It totally changes how I feel about the Blues. Blues as a team haven't played close to their best, and yet they are winning games because of Binner. You love to see it. I can't wait to see the whole team firing on all cylinders.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am I don't get to watch my Blues this year, because of a dispute between Sinclair and Dish....Fuck the NHL for allowing this to happen.
nhl66.ir
I should point out that I’m an NHL.tv subscriber and have FSMW. Last night I had no sound on FSMW so I brought up the TSN feed and watched the Blues via that site.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:19 pm

nhl66.ir
I should point out that I’m an NHL.tv subscriber and have FSMW. Last night I had no sound on FSMW so I brought up the TSN feed and watched the Blues via that site.
You got the TSN feed thru nhl66.ir? TSN's monthly charge is outrageous and I"m not even sure even if you subscribed you would get access to the Canadian content. Couldn't believe I had to listen to via Leafs radio. Wasn't even offered on my Fox Sports Go app. Goofy

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:24 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:19 pm

You got the TSN feed thru nhl66.ir? TSN's monthly charge is outrageous and I"m not even sure even if you subscribed you would get access to the Canadian content. Couldn't believe I had to listen to via Leafs radio. Wasn't even offered on my Fox Sports Go app. Goofy
Yep...the game defaulted to the TSN feed last night

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:21 pm
barnburner wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Notable to be sure, but I get queasy when I hear Petro's name mentioned alongside that of #2.
?? Why?? Two different types of players to be sure, but both are SC Champs, and only one of them managed to do it as a Blues player and as our Captain. I think 'congrats and wow' is more in order than just 'notable'. I mean, what more do you want from the guy to prove his worth as a Blues player?
I'm with you. During the home opener ceremonies, the PA Announcer introduced him as "the first Blues player to lift the Stanley Cup." There isn't a stat in the record books better than that.
I loved Al, I loved Pronger, I loved Hull, etc... but Petro led the Blues to the ultimate prize. Which is something none of those other guys can say. I really don't get why he is such a polarizing player. Maybe he isn't the prototypical Blues captain, but the other captains didn't win us a thing.
Also, I think his stick work is insanely underrated. He makes slick little plays with no space routinely that just seem to get overlooked.
Here's why, imo, why Al never won a cup with us.

Graft Fuhr was injured and Jon Casey brought us as far as he could.

Now ask yourself, would Pie have a cup if binner was injured and Allen took over?

Exactly. Comparing the two (via cup wins in stl) is comparable to saying "trent dilfer is better than dan marino bc dilfer is a champ".

Now the gap between pie and chopper is closet than dilfer/marino but pie is not, has not, and unless things change...will not ne better than chopper
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:11 pm

?? Why?? Two different types of players to be sure, but both are SC Champs, and only one of them managed to do it as a Blues player and as our Captain. I think 'congrats and wow' is more in order than just 'notable'. I mean, what more do you want from the guy to prove his worth as a Blues player?
I'm with you. During the home opener ceremonies, the PA Announcer introduced him as "the first Blues player to lift the Stanley Cup." There isn't a stat in the record books better than that.
I loved Al, I loved Pronger, I loved Hull, etc... but Petro led the Blues to the ultimate prize. Which is something none of those other guys can say. I really don't get why he is such a polarizing player. Maybe he isn't the prototypical Blues captain, but the other captains didn't win us a thing.
Also, I think his stick work is insanely underrated. He makes slick little plays with no space routinely that just seem to get overlooked.

Now ask yourself, would Pie have a cup if binner was injured and Allen took over?

Exactly. Comparing the two (via cup wins in stl) is comparable to saying "trent dilfer is better than dan marino bc dilfer is a champ".

Now the gap between pie and chopper is closet than dilfer/marino but pie is not, has not, and unless things change...will not ne better than chopper
They are two totally different players, and Petro still has hopefully another 6-8 years to go as a Blues Dman. It's OK to love Al Mac more than Petro, as he (Chopper) was a very special player with many gifts as a Dman. But the sentiment that still seems to be prevalent with some Blues fans is that BECAUSE Petro isn't MacInnis or Pronger or whichever legend from the past we hold in higher reverence, he can never be their equal in accomplishment or appreciated for what he has done for this franchise and city. Heck, look at the difference in Pronger and MacInnins; both won a Cup, both were dominating players, but they each had their own style and personality to their game. Just as Petro has his own style and his own game. I'm just saying that instead of making snide comments that put Petro down while he is passing a legend's stat, why not congratulate him on it? As I said, what more besides being the Captain of the Blues and helping to win the SC (and scoring the GWG in Game 7 of the SC Final) do you want from the guy to earn your respect and to appreciate his accomplishments?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:10 pm

They are two totally different players, and Petro still has hopefully another 6-8 years to go as a Blues Dman. It's OK to love Al Mac more than Petro, as he (Chopper) was a very special player with many gifts as a Dman. But the sentiment that still seems to be prevalent with some Blues fans is that BECAUSE Petro isn't MacInnis or Pronger or whichever legend from the past we hold in higher reverence, he can never be their equal in accomplishment or appreciated for what he has done for this franchise and city. Heck, look at the difference in Pronger and MacInnins; both won a Cup, both were dominating players, but they each had their own style and personality to their game. Just as Petro has his own style and his own game. I'm just saying that instead of making snide comments that put Petro down while he is passing a legend's stat, why not congratulate him on it? As I said, what more besides being the Captain of the Blues and helping to win the SC (and scoring the GWG in Game 7 of the SC Final) do you want from the guy to earn your respect and to appreciate his accomplishments?
Different eras, apples and oranges imo.

bradleygt89 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:42 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:16 pm I would like point out for the record that I have yet to make any derogatory comments regarding Petro this year and I've also been very complimentary of some Russian players.
I have no expectations for your comments this season Tim ;)
:lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I never said that he was better than Al. I just said that I don't get the hate some people still have for him, especially after he captained the team to it's first cup. My guess is that he doesn't play a flashy/definable game. People love and remember players that hit, have big shots, and have a ton of personality to their game. And that's just not Petro. He's one of the more boring elite players in the game :lol:
KA-KAW!

I agree. I love Chief, but is he a better coach than Scotty Bowman, simply because Chief won a Cup with the Blues, and Scotty didn't?
I've been on record a thousand times over as wanting Petro gone, but assuming the Petro we saw in the playoffs is the real deal, then I now consider him to be an assett.(But still not on the same level as MacInnis, Pronger, and Barc Plager. Jmo.

nhl66.ir
I know this is something from another thread (the EFF Dish) but I've had less success with nhl66 than I have had with other site (can't remember, I'm at school right now).

I miss having the hockeystreams app on the roku...that thing worked great.

jfbop37 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:12 pm
nhl66.ir
I know this is something from another thread (the EFF Dish) but I've had less success with nhl66 than I have had with other site (can't remember, I'm at school right now).

Weird...I think Nhl66.ir has been flawless. Onhockeytv.com is good too but there is a lot of pop ups to deal with it

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:21 pm
jfbop37 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:12 pm

nhl66.ir

Weird...I think Nhl66.ir has been flawless. Onhockeytv.com is good too but there is a lot of pop ups to deal with it
nhl66.ir works great on a pc. If I'm ever in need of a stream, go to r/nhlstreams on reddit.