Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Toronto - 10/7 6:00pm - TV: NHL/FSMO Radio: 101espn

barnburner wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:40 pm
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm
Notable to be sure, but I get queasy when I hear Petro's name mentioned alongside that of #2.
?? Why?? Two different types of players to be sure, but both are SC Champs, and only one of them managed to do it as a Blues player and as our Captain. I think 'congrats and wow' is more in order than just 'notable'. I mean, what more do you want from the guy to prove his worth as a Blues player?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 pm I don’t think I’m using hyperbole when I say I don’t think the Blues will lose in regulation all season. This team is stacked.
It really is. The early start in what we’re seeing confirms that these guys and the makeup of this team is legit. No fluke at all. If playoffs started again it would be Blues/Vegas in Conf Finals for sure. We just need to hope this team is healthy come playoff time. Back to back would be so cool.

Notable to be sure, but I get queasy when I hear Petro's name mentioned alongside that of #2.
He’s passed a franchise record a HoFer set at his position in roughly the same amount of time with the team (Al played roughly 9 years with the team, Petro has as well). Petro’s offense hasn’t been criticized a lot—and of all the things people criticize him for, I think it’s probably the most unfair criticism of him, and stats like this bear that out.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:22 am
He’s passed a franchise record a HoFer set at his position in roughly the same amount of time with the team (Al played roughly 9 years with the team, Petro has as well). Petro’s offense hasn’t been criticized a lot—and of all the things people criticize him for, I think it’s probably the most unfair criticism of him, and stats like this bear that out.
I have no issues with what you’re saying, but did want to correct one thing. Petro has played a full season worth of games more as a Blue than Chopper. Also, he clearly doesn’t have as cool of a nickname.
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:21 pm
?? Why?? Two different types of players to be sure, but both are SC Champs, and only one of them managed to do it as a Blues player and as our Captain. I think 'congrats and wow' is more in order than just 'notable'. I mean, what more do you want from the guy to prove his worth as a Blues player?
I'm with you. During the home opener ceremonies, the PA Announcer introduced him as "the first Blues player to lift the Stanley Cup." There isn't a stat in the record books better than that.
I loved Al, I loved Pronger, I loved Hull, etc... but Petro led the Blues to the ultimate prize. Which is something none of those other guys can say. I really don't get why he is such a polarizing player. Maybe he isn't the prototypical Blues captain, but the other captains didn't win us a thing.
Also, I think his stick work is insanely underrated. He makes slick little plays with no space routinely that just seem to get overlooked.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:21 pm

I'm with you. During the home opener ceremonies, the PA Announcer introduced him as "the first Blues player to lift the Stanley Cup." There isn't a stat in the record books better than that.
I loved Al, I loved Pronger, I loved Hull, etc... but Petro led the Blues to the ultimate prize. Which is something none of those other guys can say. I really don't get why he is such a polarizing player. Maybe he isn't the prototypical Blues captain, but the other captains didn't win us a thing.
Also, I think his stick work is insanely underrated. He makes slick little plays with no space routinely that just seem to get overlooked.
Thanks a lot Roman Turek

Doug Glatt wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:11 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:51 pm
The quality of the opponents can’t be overstated.
Binnington cannot be overstated, imo. He's come up with the saves again.
I was looking over some of the Corsi advance stats from this game because I'm a nerd. The Blues were absolutely dominated in puck position at even strenth. They actually have been on the minus side of this stat in all 3 games, but it was especially lopsided in this one. JB50 is winning this team games.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:45 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:28 am I have no issues with what you’re saying, but did want to correct one thing. Petro has played a full season worth of games more as a Blue than Chopper. Also, he clearly doesn’t have as cool of a nickname.
Thats what I get for being lazy and just counting the number of seasons and not looking at games played :lol:
Just flip it to be Petro is more durable :D