The Official Petro Contract Speculation Thread

I feel like we need a thread for this.

Is he going to sign? Yes. But Army continues to work the magic and gets him to sign an 8 year 7.5 deal that keeps him a Blue / Captain for life.

Or...

Crazy thought: Petro wants to play in Toronto with his buddy JT. Army already ha s a deal in place for the draft next season. Nylader and several draft picks for Petro.

Re: The Official Petro Contract Speculation Thread

Well Nylander would definitely be the Leafs choice of contract to dispose. If Army made that deal, it would be a 1 sided deal in favor of the Blues for sure. So if a deal was pulled off, I would be very comfortable with it.

I think you’re way to optimistic about Petro signing a deal at 7.5M. I would think Petros starting asking price would be at 10M. But I think Army inks him under 9M. Petro is the Captain of a Championship Team, he’s got to see the value in that to concede at a substantial discounted price.

Oh yeah, not sure if I want to see an 8 year deal again, but if it is, then maybe Army inks Petro right at 8M per yr.

39hurricane wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:41 pm I feel like we need a thread for this.

Is he going to sign? Yes. But Army continues to work the magic and gets him to sign an 8 year 7.5 deal that keeps him a Blue / Captain for life.

Or...

Crazy thought: Petro wants to play in Toronto with his buddy JT. Army already ha s a deal in place for the draft next season. Nylader and several draft picks for Petro.
Why would Toronto give up Nylander and several draft picks at the draft when they could just wait a week and get him for free?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:05 pm
39hurricane wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:41 pm I feel like we need a thread for this.

Or...

Why would Toronto give up Nylander and several draft picks at the draft when they could just wait a week and get him for free?
Ha, good point. Just like the Kevin Hayes deal you had pointed out when that went down. That was a laugh.

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Or...

Because Army will do a sign and trade

Im happy to say that I totally trust Army to handle this situation correctly, whichever way it ends up going. He doesn’t make emotional decisions, and he negotiates fairly but also tough. It’s hard to imagine the Blues trading Pietrangelo before the end of the season, but at least if he decides to go that route, he covered himself with the Faulk trade.

Is there anyone willing to say they are okay with trading Petro or letting him walk and using the money elsewhere? Or maybe even prefers this route?

Keep in mind, we have an NHL Expansion team coming in. If the rules are the same as last time and there is no reason to believe they won't be, if you re-sign him then Petro, Parayko, and Faulk will be protected and Vince Dunn will be left exposed.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:19 am Is there anyone willing to say they are okay with trading Petro or letting him walk and using the money elsewhere? Or maybe even prefers this route?

Keep in mind, we have an NHL Expansion team coming in. If the rules are the same as last time and there is no reason to believe they won't be, if you re-sign him then Petro, Parayko, and Faulk will be protected and Vince Dunn will be left exposed.
No but that decisions is Petro's. I've read that Armstrong will most likely leave Faulk exposed in the expansion draft scenario.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:21 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 am If anything, I believe it will be a long term deal under $9M a season.

I don't think the Blues are willing to pay anything more than that. They want to win Cups.
$9M for 6 years; perfect cap hit and term for a 30 year old Dman who'll be 36 when it is over. Same age as JayBo is now...
Yes. Something like that but I think Armstrong can get the number under $9M.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:14 am If anything, I believe it will be a long term deal under $9M a season.

I don't think the Blues are willing to pay anything more than that. They want to win Cups.
I think this is the key.

The Blues have not only built a Stanley Cup winning organization, but there's been VERY little turnover so far, and what turnover there has been is arguably for a net positive (losing Maroon hurts a little, but flipping Edmundson and Bokk for Faulk is a big win in the short term), and they're very well set up for a while into the future as a cup-caliber team with their current contracts (ROR, Tarasenko, Schenn, Faulk, Parayko) and up-and-coming young talent (Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin, Sundqvist, Binnington, Dunn).

I think Petro will want to be a part of that more than he'll want to make more money elsewhere. He's going to get a VERY good offer from the Blues, I don't think he'd jump ship to try to make an extra $1 mil or so going to a team that's not only a Stanley Cup competitor, but that he's not a known leader on.

I have no clue what’s going thru Petro’s mind, but he is very close friends with Backes. Backes is the fucking poster boy for “the grass isn’t always greener” club. Army made him a good offer, but he went to Boston for an extra year and therefore more money. Guessing Backes has told him that if he could do it over again, he would have stayed in St. Louis.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:07 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:19 am Is there anyone willing to say they are okay with trading Petro or letting him walk and using the money elsewhere? Or maybe even prefers this route?

No but that decisions is Petro's. I've read that Armstrong will most likely leave Faulk exposed in the expansion draft scenario.
That's what I would do.