Re: Schenn close to signing an extension

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:00 am If you want to play, you got to pay. But Army still locking in talent at bargain prices. Next, watch Petro come in at 8 something. I bet Army keeps it under 9.
I wouldn't be surprised at right t $9M; 6/54

Love this deal; hopefully he puts up some big numbers this year now that the deal is done.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I must say I'm shocked. I had heard that Schenn was going to chase the biggest contract he could, but this proves to me he loves the team and he wants to be here. This whole time I figured Schenn would ask for and perhaps get north of 7....I know the term isn't the greatest but he's a Berube-type player.

I bet money the coach had something to weigh in on this.

Armstrong is a gangsta.

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:00 am If you want to play, you got to pay. But Army still locking in talent at bargain prices. Next, watch Petro come in at 8 something. I bet Army keeps it under 9.

Love this deal; hopefully he puts up some big numbers this year now that the deal is done.
The Blues contract situation is pretty much set depending on any increases to the salary cap. The Blues are going to make Petro a fair offer and he's either going to have to accept it or chase money. It's really his choice.

I think the Blues are in good shape either way.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:21 am

The Blues contract situation is pretty much set depending on any increases to the salary cap. The Blues are going to make Petro a fair offer and he's either going to have to accept it or chase money. It's really his choice.

If Petro signs, and I expect he will, it will be interesting to see how Army gets the team under the cap next year. The Blues already have just under $74 million of cap space spoken for next year, and if you figure Petro signs for around $9M, that puts them over where the cap is this year, with Dunn, Blais and Fabbri unsigned.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:47 am

If Petro signs, and I expect he will, it will be interesting to see how Army gets the team under the cap next year. The Blues already have just under $74 million of cap space spoken for next year, and if you figure Petro signs for around $9M, that puts them over where the cap is this year, with Dunn, Blais and Fabbri unsigned.
Let's make a Deal!!!!! I love it when Army is active. The guy is on fire.

Jaybo and Allen's combined 7.6 million in contracts will go toward paying Petro. Need Allen to have a strong year as the backup.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Jaybo and Allen's combined 7.6 million in contracts will go toward paying Petro. Need Allen to have a strong year as the backup.
Pretty sure they could move Bozak too if they needed.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:33 pm
big d note wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:13 am Why the dip in 2022-23?
I'm curious about this as well....

Only thing I can come up with is maybe they didnt want it to look too front loaded which is against cba rules?
The current CBA ends after the 2021-2022 season, so if there's a work stoppage, the player stands to lose the smallest amount of money. At least, that's my guess.

The CBA just limits the gap between the highest year and the lowest. The lowest cannot be less than 50% of the highest. So, with $8M being the most, the lowest can't be below $4M.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Even Army admits that the term of the contract could be a problem for years 7 and 8, but it was necessary in order to keep the AAV down.

Army from StL Today "I know the term is something that in all reality we’re going to have to deal with in five, six, probably closer to six or seven years. With that being said, we’d rather put a 12-, 13-, 14-year run together in a salary-cap system and worry about that then. We’re going to need young players at that time; the CBA could look different."